Hot Toys Justice League Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would agree that the increasingly potential exit of Affleck from the franchise actually makes me less interested in anything Batman related post JL. If WB does end up scrapping this current universe, I can honestly say I will have zero interest in watching their next attempt, as at that point, it would seem all they are doing is churning out films with the sole intent of pandering to a bunch of haughty, bow tie wearing, fla gras eating film critics that they are seemingly never going to please because they keep moving the goal posts as far as what their standards for critiquing a film is, with regards to what is acceptable and what isn't.

I don't think they'll scrap it and move on to another one anytime soon, unless by that you mean giving it a soft-reboot with flashpoint, then yeah they probably will. If they do scrap it all together, I doubt they will try again and would likely just do one-off movies or self contained trilogies from that point on. But I'd like to believe they'll stick to the plan that leads to the Green Lantern Corps movie in 2020... Besides that I think they'll just keep recasting anyone who doesn't return as the characters and act as if we shouldn't notice.

On that note... I kinda hate the idea of Jake Gyllenhaal as Bruce Wayne, especially if they plan for him to directly take over Affleck as the older Bruce, but John Hamm might be ok. Jake might work if they do movies from when Bruce was younger, but I honestly just want Affleck to stay with it. We'll probably never get a Affleck v Leto movie at this point, and I was kinda looking forward to that. It would either be astonishing, or a complete train-wreck.

Last edited:
An Arkham Asylum Batman film with Affleck's Batman and Leto's Joker would be great, if we don't get this it'll be such a disappointment...

An Arkham Asylum Batman film with Affleck's Batman and Leto's Joker would be great, if we don't get this it'll be such a disappointment...

Damn right it would work. I'd want to see it, anyway. But poor Bat-Fleck doesn't like his Bat-feelings being hurt and wants out... You'd think after the Daredevil movie, he'd have grown thicker skin. He's actually doing a great job (in my opinion) as both Bruce and Batman, and I honestly would like him to do it for a long time, but since we can't have nice things, **** falls apart.

I would agree that the increasingly potential exit of Affleck from the franchise actually makes me less interested in anything Batman related post JL. If WB does end up scrapping this current universe, I can honestly say I will have zero interest in watching their next attempt...

I remember feeling that way when I heard they were doing Batman Begins. I just thought Batman was done. If they do something really good, people will come see it and we can move on easily.

But... I don't have a lot of confidence in how the studio is making it's decisions so to the next half of your point...

...as at that point, it would seem all they are doing is churning out films with the sole intent of pandering to a bunch of haughty, bow tie wearing, fla gras eating film critics that they are seemingly never going to please because they keep moving the goal posts as far as what their standards for critiquing a film is, with regards to what is acceptable and what isn't.

:lol I may agree a lot with many of the points of the critics, but I just love the way you worded this. It made me smile. Critics can be right sometimes, and sometimes it is helpful to listen and appropriate some practical critiques into a franchise as it grows. BUT, if critics could actually make movies they would be doing that rather than critiquing them. WB's overcompensation to what the critics have said has virtually made the critics in charge of the movies- and that never works.

I don't think they'll scrap it and move on to another one anytime soon, unless by that you mean giving it a soft-reboot with flashpoint,

Sadly make's sense, makes me wish they just let Snyder finish his vision if that's what they were going to do though. I am just shocked how fast and how cavalierly the DCEU blows through rich story lines from various comic source materials. Slow down and savor it some and get more out of this stuff. But, I think the success of Wonder Woman will encourage them not to completely blow up the shared universe she exists in. But if Wonder Woman 2 doesn't continue with the same quality as the first one, I think they will be done.

I'd like to believe they'll stick to the plan that leads to the Green Lantern Corps movie in 2020...

That could be cool. Maybe with that they can tip toe back into the cosmic aspect of the DC universe they chickened out of by removing all the Darksied elements from JL.

but I honestly just want Affleck to stay with it. We'll probably never get a Affleck v Leto movie at this point, and I was kinda looking forward to that. It would either be amazing, or a complete train-wreck.

Yeah, I kinda wanted to see that too.

That's what I was hoping for from The Batman movie. I hope it doesn't turn out to be a prequel origin movie.

I don't think they'll scrap it and move on to another one anytime soon, unless by that you mean giving it a soft-reboot with flashpoint, then yeah they probably will. If they do scrap it all together, I doubt they will try again and would likely just do one-off movies or self contained trilogies from that point on. But I'd like to believe they'll stick to the plan that leads to the Green Lantern Corps movie in 2020... Besides that I think they'll just keep recasting anyone who doesn't return as the characters and act as if we shouldn't notice.

On that note... I kinda hate the idea of Jake Gyllenhaal as Bruce Wayne, especially if they plan for him to directly take over Affleck as the older Bruce, but John Hamm might be ok. Jake might work if they do movies from when Bruce was younger, but I honestly just want Affleck to stay with it. We'll probably never get a Affleck v Leto movie at this point, and I was kinda looking forward to that. It would either be astonishing, or a complete train-wreck.

No I do mean an all out reboot, but I agree that I don't think that will happen. I think they will just stick with the current universe and keep trying to make "course corrections" out of knee jerk reactions.

Is Leto even signed on for other films? I thought I read somewhere that he was only signed on for SS and that his future with the DCEU, like Affleck's, is up in the air right now because of the poor reception to his Joker in SS. However, I know he has stated that he wants to return, but I'm not sure at this point if it's been confirmed that he'll be coming back.

:lol I may agree a lot with many of the points of the critics, but I just love the way you worded this. It made me smile. Critics can be right sometimes, and sometimes it is helpful to listen and appropriate some practical critiques into a franchise as it grows. BUT, if critics could actually make movies they would be doing that rather than critiquing them. WB's overcompensation to what the critics have said has virtually made the critics in charge of the movies- and that never works.

I agree. At that point, you're letting the critics dictate how your films go. Have your vision, put it out there, and let the audience decide. To me, the opinion of the critics mean jack**** because I'm not making these films for them. Unfortunately, many people let the critics' opinions influence them on whether they will go and see the film though. I say go and see the film and then form your own opinion; these critics watched the same film you're going to see, so their opinion isn't the end all be all. You may watch the film and see something entirely different than what they saw. Their criticisms are merely their own opinion. No different than your own. They watched the same film you did.

What WB is doing sort of reminds me of these current ridiculous astro-turf boycotts that are going on, where someone makes demands and threatens to boycott a company if that company doesn't cave in to their demands, and the company has a knee jerk reaction and caves in to the demands and consequently, ends up losing money and long standing customers as a result of having a knee jerk reaction and caving in to those petty demands. Almost exactly what WB is doing. :lol

I agree. At that point, you're letting the critics dictate how your films go. Have your vision, put it out there, and let the audience decide. To me, the opinion of the critics mean jack**** because I'm not making these films for them. Unfortunately, many people let the critics' opinions influence them on whether they will go and see the film though. I say go and see the film and then form your own opinion; these critics watched the same film you're going to see, so their opinion isn't the end all be all. You may watch the film and see something entirely different than what they saw. Their criticisms are merely their own opinion. No different than your own. They watched the same film you did.

We are on the same page here and I agree with what you added, with only a small push back. Some of the critics were fans too, like myself. Now, I'll be the first one to tell you that fans are fickle and you can't give every fan what they think they want. You can't please everyone, including fans. But I think they did miss an opportunity to make MoS and BvS more universally embraced among fans rather than dividing fans; and they could have done that and still not pleased the more general critic, and everyone would have felt like it was more of a success. I go more into this in a post in the Superman thread.

What WB is doing sort of reminds me of these current ridiculous astro-turf boycotts that are going on, where someone makes demands and threatens to boycott a company if that company doesn't cave in to their demands, and the company has a knee jerk reaction and caves in to the demands and consequently, end up losing money and long standing customers as a result of having a knee jerk reaction and caving in to those petty demands. Almost exactly what WB is doing. :lol

:rotfl Indeed.

I'd be up for that.
This is literally all WB has had to do - adapt the Arkham Games to film. I've been saying this for years. They are the perfect way to bring the Animated Series up to speed with it's now "grown up" audience.

And Troy Baker's should have been auto-awarded the Joker role, since Hammil helped pick him for one, and for two he's a phenomenal mocap/voice actor. He'd have no trouble stepping to the silver screen. It's not like the last time they picked a strange/less prolific actor to play the joker it didn't end up brilliant.

25011825_136417207074463_8707101072201613312_n.jpg

jc hong added photo :yess:

Troy Baker is one HELL of a actor. Joel is my favorite videogame character of all time.

He really is - I have no idea how he has not been cast in a major feature film yet. He could easily be the next Andy Serkis if he pulled his cards right. But looking at Arkham Origins' Joker - he is the ideal combination of Animated series Hammill and modern movie Jokers - and that's the Joker that WB needs right now.

Damn right it would work. I'd want to see it, anyway. But poor Bat-Fleck doesn't like his Bat-feelings being hurt and wants out... You'd think after the Daredevil movie, he'd have grown thicker skin. He's actually doing a great job (in my opinion) as both Bruce and Batman, and I honestly would like him to do it for a long time, but since we can't have nice things, **** falls apart.

I love Affleck as Batman. When they were first announcing a new Batman, he was a choice I thought would be great, and when he signed on I was thrilled! That said, I don't think it's his feelings that are causing any of his thoughts on leaving, but the studio and direction of the franchises.

Batman V Superman was panned, sure, but people loved him in it, and it wasn't as bad as all thought -- especially the director's cut; but that said, once it came out and opinions were all over, WB shuffled things around and made more changes. Then Justice League began getting under way, and more ***** kept hitting the fan. Then Wonder Woman came out, was a huge hit and showed what these stories COULD be with solid focus on character and story.

Justice League was well underway by this point, and luckily they didn't Suicide Squad it afterwards to make it lighter at random...but then stuff also started coming out about how Warner wanted to go in a different direction with the Batman solo movie, how Affleck had a script written, but then decided to bow out as director to focus on the role, and then the script was tossed, and then Matt Reeves was brought in and welcomed on Twitter by Affleck to the Batcave.

So by this point, Affleck has bowed out of directing...which I understood on some level, as I'm sure Batman is hard enough to play with all the action and such, without worrying about directing also. THAT said, I REALLY was looking forward to an Affleck directed Batman flick, as he's an amazing director. But behind all the scenes here, it was just gossip, really..."Oh, Affleck wants out, Affleck is done," etc...and I'm sure the lack of direction of where DC was going with it all had something to do with it, as it's a hella-demanding role to play.

So now with JL under-performing at the box office, more changes are coming, Affleck politely said that he's looking for a graceful way out because he can't play the role forever, and rumours have begun again.

But I think it's a mix of lack of direction, Matt Reeves taking over the solo movies and (just according to dirt sheets) wanting to get a new actor that can go the full trilogy he has planned, PLUS the poor reviews, it's getting to be a bit much.

I LOVE that they went with an older Batman. I love Affleck as Wayne, and really want to see that character delved into more. I'd love a Red Hood movie involving Affleck. But, look at the DC schedule...as of right now, Aquaman is the only major tentpole on deck for A YEAR FROM NOW! That's insanity!

The main issue WB & DC have had is that they rushed everything to try and catch up to Marvel, which was dumb. The superhero bubble isn't going to burst any time soon, so they had years to set things up...do Batman, Superman, Flash, Aquaman and Wonder Woman solo movies, THEN do Justice League...instead of was Superman, BvS, Wonder Woman, then Justice League. So crammed in with stuff to introduce the rest of the league...it was always doomed to be a mess. There was no rush.

So I'm sure part of it is that Affleck is like, "Well, The Batman still has no release date, Aquaman is on deck to come out Christmas next year, Shazam is getting a solo movie sometime soon, what's going on?" He's an older guy, so to not have a schedule like:

The Flash
Aquaman

The Batman
Wonder Woman 2

Man of Steel 2
Justice League 2

and possibly a Green Lantern Corps thrown in there somehwere, is just bad. Reports say Warner was waiting to see how JL did before doing multiple movies a year...it doesn't work that way! These actors are getting older! You can't just let years go by. There's a reason Marvel is hugely successful, and that's because they have MASSIVE overall plans. They had them in place when they did the first Iron Man! There's no reason WB and DC shouldn't have a big list laid out with what they're doing and where they're going...they seem to be in a constant state of panic with how to fix things, and I'm sure that's a stressful environment to be in, so Affleck likely wants to move on and work on other things while he still can.

For us it's always awesome to think, "But you're Batman! How awesome is that?!" and I think he does think that. He's said it, and I believe he's telling the truth. I think if WB had plans laid out that were solid right out of the gate, we wouldn't be hearing constant rumours about him leaving.

I mean, Flashpoint is the graceful exit if there ever was one, but even that's all just speculation and has no actual story written yet, or production schedule in place...everything with the DCCU is up in the air thanks to the two companies in charge...and that definitely sucks, because a solo Batfleck adventure would've been absolutely amazing to watch.

I love Affleck as Batman. When they were first announcing a new Batman, he was a choice I thought would be great, and when he signed on I was thrilled! That said, I don't think it's his feelings that are causing any of his thoughts on leaving, but the studio and direction of the franchises.

Batman V Superman was panned, sure, but people loved him in it, and it wasn't as bad as all thought -- especially the director's cut; but that said, once it came out and opinions were all over, WB shuffled things around and made more changes. Then Justice League began getting under way, and more ***** kept hitting the fan. Then Wonder Woman came out, was a huge hit and showed what these stories COULD be with solid focus on character and story.

Justice League was well underway by this point, and luckily they didn't Suicide Squad it afterwards to make it lighter at random...but then stuff also started coming out about how Warner wanted to go in a different direction with the Batman solo movie, how Affleck had a script written, but then decided to bow out as director to focus on the role, and then the script was tossed, and then Matt Reeves was brought in and welcomed on Twitter by Affleck to the Batcave.

So by this point, Affleck has bowed out of directing...which I understood on some level, as I'm sure Batman is hard enough to play with all the action and such, without worrying about directing also. THAT said, I REALLY was looking forward to an Affleck directed Batman flick, as he's an amazing director. But behind all the scenes here, it was just gossip, really..."Oh, Affleck wants out, Affleck is done," etc...and I'm sure the lack of direction of where DC was going with it all had something to do with it, as it's a hella-demanding role to play.

So now with JL under-performing at the box office, more changes are coming, Affleck politely said that he's looking for a graceful way out because he can't play the role forever, and rumours have begun again.

But I think it's a mix of lack of direction, Matt Reeves taking over the solo movies and (just according to dirt sheets) wanting to get a new actor that can go the full trilogy he has planned, PLUS the poor reviews, it's getting to be a bit much.

I LOVE that they went with an older Batman. I love Affleck as Wayne, and really want to see that character delved into more. I'd love a Red Hood movie involving Affleck. But, look at the DC schedule...as of right now, Aquaman is the only major tentpole on deck for A YEAR FROM NOW! That's insanity!

The main issue WB & DC have had is that they rushed everything to try and catch up to Marvel, which was dumb. The superhero bubble isn't going to burst any time soon, so they had years to set things up...do Batman, Superman, Flash, Aquaman and Wonder Woman solo movies, THEN do Justice League...instead of was Superman, BvS, Wonder Woman, then Justice League. So crammed in with stuff to introduce the rest of the league...it was always doomed to be a mess. There was no rush.

So I'm sure part of it is that Affleck is like, "Well, The Batman still has no release date, Aquaman is on deck to come out Christmas next year, Shazam is getting a solo movie sometime soon, what's going on?" He's an older guy, so to not have a schedule like:

The Flash
Aquaman

The Batman
Wonder Woman 2

Man of Steel 2
Justice League 2

and possibly a Green Lantern Corps thrown in there somehwere, is just bad. Reports say Warner was waiting to see how JL did before doing multiple movies a year...it doesn't work that way! These actors are getting older! You can't just let years go by. There's a reason Marvel is hugely successful, and that's because they have MASSIVE overall plans. They had them in place when they did the first Iron Man! There's no reason WB and DC shouldn't have a big list laid out with what they're doing and where they're going...they seem to be in a constant state of panic with how to fix things, and I'm sure that's a stressful environment to be in, so Affleck likely wants to move on and work on other things while he still can.

For us it's always awesome to think, "But you're Batman! How awesome is that?!" and I think he does think that. He's said it, and I believe he's telling the truth. I think if WB had plans laid out that were solid right out of the gate, we wouldn't be hearing constant rumours about him leaving.

I mean, Flashpoint is the graceful exit if there ever was one, but even that's all just speculation and has no actual story written yet, or production schedule in place...everything with the DCCU is up in the air thanks to the two companies in charge...and that definitely sucks, because a solo Batfleck adventure would've been absolutely amazing to watch.

Well said, GB...

As long as WB continues to act like, and continues to play the role of being constantly behind THEY ALWAYS WILL BE..!

The Flash
Aquaman

The Batman
Wonder Woman 2

Man of Steel 2
Justice League 2

:goodpost:

Affleck isn't done- I hope Flashpoint (flop guaranteed) is dropped and they give him ONE great Batman themed movie to go out on!

Back