Hot Toys Justice League Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Griff WV, I forgot that the AC Batman had a separate head from the rest of the cowl. Looking at pics I don't even notice it. That would be a good way to good articulation without causing the bottom of the cowl to stick out.

Captain Clown, those figures are spot on. [emoji23] Nah lol, those are cheaper figures so I won't compare.

Jmann, I guess we got so used to the BvS design that the JL suit looks different in comparison with all the changes they made. Similar design, but with subtle and more obvious changes. That picture looks photoshopped as well somehow, but in the trailers and other stills I think it actually looks really good overall.

Had we not just had the BvS suit I'd probably be fine with this suit but it just seems a downgrade in comparison to that. An unmasked Bruce sculpt would of course offset a lot of the disappointment in the new suit.

The cowl is a tighter fit, they rounded off the jawline, shrunk his traps & neck, made his nose less pointy, made the crows feet more prominent, and gave him new ears. All of those changes together make for an overall less threatening look.

View attachment 357722
I think the changes to the ears is what creates the most dramatic difference and makes him look lore like an owl rather than a bat.

Here's a comparison I got from RPF. They're actually from Suicide Squad, but for that particular shot at the bottom they used a foam JL cowl. There's also a change to the eye opening shape. It doesn't come as low as it did in BvS. And the mouth opening comes a little higher at the tips on the sides.

f357b2c6b619d4c711ee4db8a6bdffb1.png

Here's more that I made a while back:
b1f836b9b85d94ab06dfe70674e83b20.jpg

e824eedc1260474475fac3595d4fed75.jpg

de29b57cd87bc8fe68b3cb7ece701c67.jpg

I edited the JL picture to make it brighter here:
1269bee09d1fa413dcf7fee03919e77d.jpg

One found from the internet:
c84c47b2f67f10c9815a46bb97d0ffb0.jpg

One found from the internet:
c84c47b2f67f10c9815a46bb97d0ffb0.jpg

Think I like the look of the new suit more when you see it side by side! 🙌

So does anybody liked the tactical suit? and do you think the figure ass proportion will be fixed? I passed on the BvS and the SS batman 'cos I can't get over the diaper situation there, I know the cape hides it, but seriously. I'm looking forward for Aquaman, but still hopefully, he doesn't have a diaper.

God the owl cowl sucks so much.

Yeahh.

Nuevo-poster-de-La-liga-de-la-Justicia-Unete-a-La-Liga_landscape.jpg

It would've been cool to get the BvS cowl in JL, but with slightly longer ears so they can sell more toys. As the JL cowl stands, it looks disproportionate and ill-fitting, almost like a Party City mask.

How much do you guys think they'll improve this guy from the prototype? I was going back and looking at the BVS Batman prototype and it looked pretty wretched in all honesty, but the final product turned out great. (Though still a little chunky for my tastes on batman)

To illustrate:
1933657_10153213305452344_8893139553455404692_o.jpgSDCC-2016-Hot-Toys-DC-Batman-v-Superman-014.jpg

Look at how much definition he gained in the musculature all over.

And our current JL Bats looks all awry with the bat symbol in the wrong place, the head to neck cowl ratio being off as well as those exaggerated striations that aren't so pronounced on the JL movie suit. Even his headsculpt looks off from the trailers / promo pics.

The truth is in promo materials (except from the side occasionally where he yes... Does look too much like an owl sometimes lol) I like the new suit and cowl better but the hot toys version just seems to look all wrong to me, like I can see it's supposed to be the same thing.. But everything is wrong atm.

How much do you guys think they'll improve this guy from the prototype? I was going back and looking at the BVS Batman prototype and it looked pretty wretched in all honesty, but the final product turned out great. (Though still a little chunky for my tastes on batman)

To illustrate:
View attachment 360947View attachment 360948

Look at how much definition he gained in the musculature all over.

And our current JL Bats looks all awry with the bat symbol in the wrong place, the head to neck cowl ratio being off as well as those exaggerated striations that aren't so pronounced on the JL movie suit. Even his headsculpt looks off from the trailers / promo pics.

The truth is in promo materials (except from the side occasionally where he yes... Does look too much like an owl sometimes lol) I like the new suit and cowl better but the hot toys version just seems to look all wrong to me, like I can see it's supposed to be the same thing.. But everything is wrong atm.

They always improve the prototype. For the BVS version they created a new type of muscular body to fit the figure.

They always improve the prototype. For the BVS version they created a new type of muscular body to fit the figure.

Think they would actually modify the cowl sculpt too? While things did change on the BVS one the cowl remained the same. And it looks so off here compared to official shots / trailers.

I really hope you guys are right. You'd think if they have a new body they'd use it for the JL protypes. Maybe it is there under the square ab panels ??

But yes all those points need to be addressed.

If they do it'll be a great figure. Batman in the JL promo shots looks great !

I think I will have to get this one! I only got the armored version (sadly) - so this will have to do & maybe the tactical suit & if Green Lantern shows up.

You have probably already seen this video ... I here I find it really really stunning...
https://youtu.be/XZIja2WZa-Y

Yes, I'd forgotten this video by Budget Stark. Go to the 5 minute mark. It's actually very good as there are no bright lights on the figures. A bit more like normal lighting perhaps.

Batman does look great. Very ripped and slightly more athletic looking than the BvS version somehow. Loving it.

Superman also looks epic. So happy I'll be getting the trio, and all great looking figures too !!

Think I'm going to struggle not to get Aquaman and the Flash too...

The cowl doesn't look right somehow but I can't put my finger on why. I prefer the BvS look but still in the JL trailers it does look much better than on this figure.

Yeah you can see they have improved the body there in the little time, so I'm sure they'll work on the rest, thanks for that FB80.

@ sj - yeah that's exactly my concern the real life cowl looks a lot better, the HT version looks like a weird caricature version of it. I somehow doubt they'll go back to it and resculpt that...

Yeah you can see they have improved the body there in the little time, so I'm sure they'll work on the rest, thanks for that FB80.

@ sj - yeah that's exactly my concern the real life cowl looks a lot better, the HT version looks like a weird caricature version of it. I somehow doubt they'll go back to it and resculpt that...

It's weird the likeness doesn't seem as good as the BvS figure even though I presume it's the same eye and mouth pieces. I think they'll improve it, they improved the parts that needed fixing on the BvS prototype. If it came with an Affleck sculpt I'd just use that instead of the cowl anyway.

Back