Hot Toys Justice League Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had that person. It was Affleck. It's not about actor, but about circumstances. You need a good director, a good scenario and in the best case green light at least for a first solo movie before any team up movie. Then actor can show how good or bad he really is as a Batman and gain respect. Affleck didn't have a thing from all of that. I don't blame him he couldn't bare it anymore. It's a huge waste of talent. He is/was a hell of a Batman.

We had that person. It was Affleck. It's not about actor, but about circumstances. You need a good director, a good scenario and in the best case green light at least for a first solo movie before any team up movie. Then actor can show how good or bad he really is as a Batman and gain respect. Affleck didn't have a thing from all of that. I don't blame him he couldn't bare it anymore. It's a huge waste of talent. He is/was a hell of a Batman.

But they have a good director in Matt Reeves. Those movies will likely be well reviewed so if he does want out he'll regret it. If Ben won't commit to all three movies now you wouldn't blame Reeves for wanting a new Batman.

If Affleck does leave I hope they get someone who really wants the part for long haul. The Reeves trilogy, future JL movies and maybe the odd cameo in other DC movies.

Exactly !! I mean if they're going to copy MCU, they should also copy the contracts as well. :rotfl

But seriously, how many films has Robert Downey Junior done as Iron Man ? Or Hugh Jackman as Wolverine ? Those guys will go down in history as owning that particular role. Sure some actors may not want to be typecast. But those who are OK with it should get the job (so long as they're good and fit the role). However look at High Jackman, he's actually not typecast at all. So it is possible.

I think Henry Cavill is at risk more for being typecast as Superman than Affleck is as Batman. Affleck has a bigger resume of having done many other things before he took on the role of Batman. Same wth RDJ as Iron Man.

Exactly !! I mean if they're going to copy MCU, they should also copy the contracts as well. :rotfl

But seriously, how many films has Robert Downey Junior done as Iron Man ? Or Hugh Jackman as Wolverine ? Those guys will go down in history as owning that particular role. Sure some actors may not want to be typecast. But those who are OK with it should get the job (so long as they're good and fit the role). However look at High Jackman, he's actually not typecast at all. So it is possible.

It's a problem if an actors stays too long with their roles: they will go down in history as the only actors best suited for those roles. People will have a hard time accepting another actor for Iron Man after RDJ. Can anyone envision another actor for Wolverine after Jackman? Another problem is that Iron Man is a weak concept and character (that's why he was considered a "2nd-tier" character for decades before his 1st movie was released) which means RDJ, with his strong talents, easily overpowered the Iron Man character -- making the role his own. While Batman is a stronger concept and character that he easily overpowers the actors portraying him. That's why it's easy to see Ben Affleck leave -- despite his good performance of the character -- and it's exciting to see another actor (Jake Gyllenhaal?) take on the role.

So i got an email message from the guy with the Zack Snyder Cut petition, saying "Victory !". So I'm guessing this is a good thing for an extended version coming to Bluray. Couldn't find any additional news though.

So i got an email message from the guy with the Zack Snyder Cut petition, saying "Victory !". So I'm guessing this is a good thing for an extended version coming to Bluray. Couldn't find any additional news though.

Fingers crossed we get that extended version. Logically it's in WB interest to release it now after losing money at the box office. At least this might generate enough interest for good blu-ray sales. I don't imagine the theatrical cut doing that.

Fingers crossed we get that extended version. Logically it's in WB interest to release it now after losing money at the box office. At least this might generate enough interest for good blu-ray sales. I don't imagine the theatrical cut doing that.

Exactly. However I'm not sure if they actually lost money. I have in mind the estimated cost was $60 - 80M and globally they earned over $100M. So no loss. But agree, given the backlash there would be a lot of people keen to buy an extended version.

Sorry I’m a little late to the party, but has anyone mentioned the fact that the cowl and the logo on the chest is off on this figure? For example, the wings on the bat logo should be tilted up slightly like the BvS version, whereas on this figure they show as straight and flat.

Sorry I’m a little late to the party, but has anyone mentioned the fact that the cowl and the logo on the chest is off on this figure? For example, the wings on the bat logo should be tilted up slightly like the BvS version, whereas on this figure they show as straight and flat.

Yes... It's a prototype. Give it time.

The body on the BvS prototype was off, to put it mildly. Production piece turned out fine, to also put it mildly.

The body on the BvS prototype was off, to put it mildly. Production piece turned out fine, to also put it mildly.

I don’t doubt hot toys will do fine with this piece, just pointing out the obvious. I consider their BvS regular Batman the best Batman they have to offer and would also hope for this one to turn out just as good. However I find it a little unlikely, not to the fault of hot toys. It’s the design choices WB made for this suit. Feels like a downgrade from the BvS design, especially with the cowl and the armor plating. Just aesthetically... it doesn’t quite ‘do it’ for me...

I don’t doubt hot toys will do fine with this piece, just pointing out the obvious. I consider their BvS regular Batman the best Batman they have to offer and would also hope for this one to turn out just as good. However I find it a little unlikely, not to the fault of hot toys. It’s the design choices WB made for this suit. Feels like a downgrade from the BvS design, especially with the cowl and the armor plating. Just aesthetically... it doesn’t quite ‘do it’ for me...

Exactly my thoughts. I unfortuntely missed the BvS Batman at release, but decided to track one down. Found one and admittedly paid more than retail, but offset the added cost with a couple of profit sells of other figures, which made it OK.

I also think the BvS looks just awesome. Best ever. However I still have the Justice League version on pre-order, so I can make a decision when the final JL version is released.

I just re-watched BvS Extended Version. Holy crap is it good. Especially after now seeing Justice League and WW. Makes me so much happier for getting the BvS Batman. Justice League WW and Supes will be fine to round out the HT Trinity.

Exactly my thoughts. I unfortuntely missed the BvS Batman at release, but decided to track one down. Found one and admittedly paid more than retail, but offset the added cost with a couple of profit sells of other figures, which made it OK.

I also think the BvS looks just awesome. Best ever. However I still have the Justice League version on pre-order, so I can make a decision when the final JL version is released.

I just re-watched BvS Extended Version. Holy crap is it good. Especially after now seeing Justice League and WW. Makes me so much happier for getting the BvS Batman. Justice League WW and Supes will be fine to round out the HT Trinity.
I still wouldn't called Batman v Superman good.... I can re-edit the movie with all given footage and make a movie that makes more sense that what Zack Snyder did.
I asked my friend to pre-order the Justice League Batman for me. I still think it's a silly redesign with pads on weird regions but the Bruce Wayne head sculpt is what people are getting it for. Still prefer the DOJ suit better. either you go the muscle suit direction or a sleeker more body armor approach like the Batman Returns suit.
I'm a bit disappointed with 3 released of Batfleck from Hot Toys and still they didn't add a neck joint so he can slightly turn his neck without moving the entire cowl.

I still wouldn't called Batman v Superman good.... I can re-edit the movie with all given footage and make a movie that makes more sense that what Zack Snyder did.
I asked my friend to pre-order the Justice League Batman for me. I still think it's a silly redesign with pads on weird regions but the Bruce Wayne head sculpt is what people are getting it for. Still prefer the DOJ suit better. either you go the muscle suit direction or a sleeker more body armor approach like the Batman Returns suit.
I'm a bit disappointed with 3 released of Batfleck from Hot Toys and still they didn't add a neck joint so he can slightly turn his neck without moving the entire cowl.
Adding a neck joint would break it up and make the look less screen accurate.

Hot Toys has shown that they favour more accurate and realistic looking costumes over articulation, which I definitely prefer.

Hot Toys has shown that they favour more accurate and realistic looking costumes over articulation, which I definitely prefer.
Me too.. otherwise, I'd go with MAFEX or something else. Articulation isn't a big deal to me, unless it's a spidey or DD figure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Generally true but overall the BvS figure had great articulation, better than any HT Batman before or since. I'd expect this JL version to be the same.

I usually favour museum poses with Batman anyway. Just stood there as if on a gargoyle he looks menacing as hell.

The Joker needs more articulation and I can get some great poses out of my 89 Joker. I assume it's the same on the Ledger figures.

Back