Hot Toys Jp - ASK Magazine - Vol. 6 (Vol.5 on pg 3, post 27)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Jp - ASK Magazine - Vol. 6

And at least HT is not making legal threats to customizers and the forum over this stuff. They're just making a request/suggestion of collectors (even if it isn't in the form of an open embrace of customs). So, this comment doesn't affect my attitude towards HT very much.

You WILL translate this part. :mad:

really?? REALLY???

newmiz.jpg

ok...

Q. why is the packaging for the POTC cosbabies different from previous releases?

A. we have different packaging for every cosbaby line. we're really proud of the packaging for the cosbaby pirates line. matching the design to the cute cosbaby pirates is cool, but being able to open and close the blister packaging is also a big plus. please look forward to the packaging this time that you can display and enjoy as they are.

HAPPY NOW??!!!! everytime you type cosbaby on the internet, an actual real cosbaby dies in real life. you just made me kill 6.

I don't understand.. Kick-Ass figures will sell! :slap

I am holding my breath, mate.. Metal Gear Solid is indeed a hugely popular license, but an effort by NewSoulToys to release the Metal Boss line as a clear unlicensed Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker 1:6 line is a case that HT may be pointing out in that answer. :slap

bdu01.jpg

armor01.jpg

Surelyl, NewSoulToys didn't have the license to MGS, judging by how they played the words of the title of their first-ever toy line (Metal Boss). I just hope it's not MGS that they eventually cancel. They can very well cancel, since no proto pics have been released, only that they got the license. Just hope it's not MGS.. Been waiting for this for 4 years now. :gah:

MGS is definitely coming. Regardless of these unlicensed figures, Medicom released a few MG figures themselves, and that didn't stop HT from getting the license.

These questions suck. What I'd like to know, is what happened to HT's Hot Angel???

ok... i KNOW i'm doing this ass backwards but... i just realised i hadn't looked at vol. 5 (from 30th March 2011).

Q1... stuff about figures from a movie called gantz... moving along...

Q2. Like T1, is it possible we might see reissues of your older figures such as from AVP, Alien and Predator?

A. We don't have plans to simply re-release a figure. But recently started to consider the challenge of marrying previous characters with new techniques. We're still very much at the investigation stage, but next year, just as with terminator, there's a big possibility we might be revisiting characters and properties we haven't seen in a while.

Q3. You're releasing Alice from Resident Evil 4: Afterlife. Any plans to do Chris, Jill or Claire from the movie?

A. Unfortunately, we only have rights for Milla Jovovich from Resident Evil so we won't be making other characters. However, we do have the rights for the entire Resident Evil movie series, so if Alice from RE4 is popular, it's very likely versions of Alice from earlier movies will be seen.

Q4. Why is the HT logo on Sideshow products?

A. Certainly the HT logo is on many of the SS 1/6 SW figure packaging. The reason is simple - our development team is responsible for certain parts of the figure. I can't say more than that, but the troopers are plentiful, aren't they. I've divulged industry secrets (laughs).

Q5. You have a lot of figures without facial expressions, but how do you decide on a character's expression?

A. The sculptor in charge decides. However, the safe neutral expression gets chosen quite often. With the neutral style a lot of people can recognize that character, so it's often selected by default. Another important reason, with a neutral expression, there's no mismatch between the pose and the face. Having said that, it's case by case, and recently we've been challenging ourselves to undertake the more difficult task of bringing individuality and personality to faces.

Q6. For your product photography, do you have a dedicated staff member in charge of posing figures?

A. A good question! (ES: bollocks question if you ask me) That's exactly right. We have full-time internal staff for this. Collectively, all the product's designers are personally in charge of posing each figure for photo shoots.

Q7. Do you have plans to do Street Fighter in your Videogame Masterpiece Series?

A. Sorry, no.

Q8. Any plans to do MIcons off Japanese artists, ala MIcon x Japan?

A. Actually, a few years ago, our Tokyo office were in charge of this very project. With many x Japan fans in HK too, and thinking they would make interesting looking figures, we progressed with development. However, we had to drop the line due to copyright issues.

Q9. Would you consider looking into making an Ada Wong in her China dress?

A. Currently, we don't have the license for RE4, but Ada Wong is awesome! (laughs) We definitely want to look into it.

Q10. something about Michael Lau and crazysmiles, whatever the f that is.

Q9. Would you consider looking into making an Ada Wong in her China dress?

A. Currently, we don't have the license for RE4, but Ada Wong is awesome! (laughs) We definitely want to look into it.

Interesting that the RE4 license has lapsed....I didn't know they expired.

They've stated before that they thought there was a problem with Gary Oldman and likeness rights when in fact there was nt and we should see a Gordon figure for "Dark Knight Rises" next year.

Where did you get that when it plainly says "No we don't have it [RE4] but we love Ada"? How does that translate into a figure is coming?

some of these questions really are kinda ____ty. i wish someone had asked about Mortal Kombat figures. i'm not a gamer at all, but MK would be right up HT's street, and they'd look amazing. and with the release of the new game the timing is perfect. maybe MK isn't that big in japan.

Where did you get that when it plainly says "No we don't have it [RE4] but we love Ada"? How does that translate into a figure is coming?

on the official resi site if you go to theanniversary page it has pics of new merchandse including a teaser for Hot Toy Ada. yay. hopfully we get a new Leon too

what i wanna know is wheres the questions about current projects, like when is MGS Avatar or Superman coming out? are they still on the way?

bear in mind that vol 5 was from march, so they probably reacquired the rights and made ada. their response above definitely says they didn't have the license back then.

Back