Hot Toys- JC Hong's paint work on the new Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its awesome. :rock
I have seen this about 50 times now so about time to comment. :lol
Looks brilliant , but like a few I'm not a fan of the drippy eye look , everything else though looks amazing. Les's recent post though really wow'd me.
I still prefer FMLes's paint apps to the joker figures than anyone elses.
IJ005aid.jpg

Its awesome. :rock
I have seen this about 50 times now so about time to comment. :lol
Looks brilliant , but like a few I'm not a fan of the drippy eye look , everything else though looks amazing. Les's recent post though really wow'd me.
I still prefer FMLes's paint apps to the joker figures than anyone elses.

It really is tough to beat Les' work. It's almost as if he is a master of fig....ures....

or a figuremaster of some sorts....:monkey3

Les rules.

O.O
Hail him hail or new leader and master, figuremaster les, for he shall rule over all 12" collectors and bring paintjobs and sculpts to all his minions!
Dude, serio, I am stunned every time I see that hair.

Im a bit confused too upon second look. how did you get your hands on a bank robber joker head? and, as amazing as the custom paint is, i dont think it looks any more like the character than the original does, only because the original is so amazing. beautiful work though!

Even after all this time of having it on order I still have no idea what Indy will actually look like.

I didn't think even the proto pics looked sufficiently like Harrison Ford to put an order down for that figure. Better than hasbros 3 3/4 efforts but still...

:google Wow, great repaint JC! Wish I can do somethin' like that. :D

chilipep66, you do know that JC also painted the original Bank Robber Joker head that is on the current prototype?

Simply amazing, phenominal work by JC Hong. That man is a true artist and that is one of the BEST paint jobs I've ever seen on a head sculpt. It really geniunely looks like a real person.

actually les is a altered DCD sculpt.. but I'm sorry but les's work doesn't match up to JC's not to sound like a ^^^^ or anything. les does it about 12830198490180491894 times better then I could but No one beats JC hongs....

actually les is a altered DCD sculpt.. but I'm sorry but les's work doesn't match up to JC's not to sound like a ^^^^ or anything. les does it about 12830198490180491894 times better then I could but No one beats JC hongs....

Agreed. Les is a talented MoFo.. but anyone who says Les' Joker paint-up is anywhere near JC. Hongs is just dillusional. Both talented but JC is on a different level.

I would definitely like to see more of the 1/6 masters true masterpieces on display, even if I can't get my hands on them. It's like admiring Michaelangelo's David.

Well actually I'm wrong.. because I forgot about "personal taste". Obviously that plays a huge factor in what people like. It's like saying "anyone who doesn't think [insert famous girls name] is better looking than [insert famous girls name] is just dillusional" and we all know peoples opinions differ on what's better based on personal taste. So my statement is technically wrong. I should've simply said:

imo both Les and Hong are incredibly talented artists but I prefer JC. Hongs paint work.

I think that's more accurate. My apologies.

Well actually I'm wrong.. because I forgot about "personal taste". Obviously that plays a huge factor in what people like. It's like saying "anyone who doesn't think [insert famous girls name] is better looking than [insert famous girls name] is just dillusional" and we all know peoples opinions differ on what's better based on personal taste. So my statement is technically wrong. I should've simply said:

imo both Les and Hong are incredibly talented artists but I prefer JC. Hongs paint work.

I think that's more accurate. My apologies.

No apology needed. That's just the way people tend to speak, myself included.

Regardless, I'm really not well....

You know....i'll say it. Im not a fan of the messy Make-Up Joker look that people keep doing. The drippy eyes, the runniness...doesnt work for me. I love the look that he had throughout most of the film. Mob scene- Party- and every other scene sands the interrigation one.

Back