Hot Toys- JC Hong's paint work on the new Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's nothing short of phenomenal work (paint & sculpt). Few people could even match this level of realism.

DAYUUMM!! Dude, JC NAILED that paint job. Really amazing job... man what I would give to pick his brain and learn some techniques. :google

I really love the drippy bits under the eyes and the texture of it all. VERY well done.

It's nothing short of phenomenal work (paint & sculpt). Few people could even match this level of realism.

I don't know, he's painted on the lip of the eyelids and that is pretty small detail. This paint job looks more real than the movie. Although I don't know why he has those black drops there.

This paint job looks SO real that it looks like an actual human being and the only thing i've read (last few pages) is how wrong the black paint drips look???????????

:lol My God!

DAYUUMM!! Dude, JC NAILED that paint job. Really amazing job... man what I would give to pick his brain and learn some techniques. :google

I really love the drippy bits under the eyes and the texture of it all. VERY well done.

I really like the drips as well, best paint I've seen so far for the Joker :monkey5

I like how the drips look but he never had makeup drips like that and that's the only problem.

Here's a new picture I found of Heath without makeup, it's a good reminder of how important the makeup was.

attachment.php

is that what I think it is? its either

A) Blue Ray Batman begins (bank heist)

b) The Dark Knight Bootleg.

in the background.. rofl.

Not neccesarily especially if that's a computer monitor in the background. The first 6 minutes of TDK (basically the entire bank robbery scene) was released and had been on the net prior to the release of TDK in theaters. That scene in the background is Joker standing on the street (which happens in the first 6 minutes). So it could be that. Check it out:

https://www.traileraddict.com/clip/the-dark-knight/first-6-minutes

Yeah me too. As good as what we're getting is this one blows it out of the water. I'm not so sure I'm glad to have seen that...
Yeah I know the feeling. Despite how much I liked seeing the amazing JC painted Joker it takes a bit of the excitement away from the painted version we will be getting... Damn I really want this, what to do:monkey2

Jesus! That's a beautiful paint job. And it shows off what a great sculpt that is. Those pictures are jaw droppingly good. The day Hot Toys gets the mass produced paint jobs to look that good it'll be all over for any other 1:6 company.

Crazy.

The man made a incredible looking production painted head look like a toy compared to his repaint.

Those are the most realistic eyes I have ever seen. HANDS DOWN! I mean, wow, really how small are the tips of his paint brushes???

I just think it's awesome that they don't show these pics as the solicitation photos, but instead accurately depict exactly what the consumer can expect to receive. I wish Sideshow would have the faith in their product to do that, it would certainly remove all those questions of "Yes, but what will it look like in hand?" Even after all this time of having it on order I still have no idea what Indy will actually look like.

Man this looks so good, if he had shortened the eye drips it would be the first time where i would say a figure looks perfect

Back