Hot Toys- JC Hong's paint work on the new Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
unbelievable!!! the original paint job (that we are getting utah) is amazing on its own, and looks like mattel or hasblo after seeing his repaint!

That is incredible, i wish the one we're getting would be like that, craziest sculpt/paint yet! I didnt actually get what the article was about until i re read it a few times. Basically, he's just showing off LOL :p Damn, i'd pay good money for his personal paintjob though, that is worth every cent! and i thought the other one was good! the one where he is looking side on is just perfect, its like a movie screenshot, there isnt a thing to change

That's absolutely stunning, it would be hard to mass produce at that extreme quality, but the standard we're getting is fantastic. Is just nice to see what the artist takes home for his personal copy :lol

It is the version 2 head on the original body, does this mean the second shipment of Joker's are going to have the V2 head of Bank Robber Joker ?

That's absolutely stunning, it would be hard to mass produce at that extreme quality, but the standard we're getting is fantastic. Is just nice to see what the artist takes home for his personal copy :lol

It is the version 2 head on the original body, does this mean the second shipment of Joker's are going to have the V2 head of Bank Robber Joker ?

No, this head only comes with the Bank Robber Joker, they put it on the V1 body because that's most likely what people will be doing with it.

is that what I think it is? its either

A) Blue Ray Batman begins (bank heist)

b) The Dark Knight Bootleg.

in the background.. rofl.

Nice work. A bit too "shiny" for me and I don't like the black running down the face (it's a bit overdone), but overall, nice repaint.

while the compliments are well placed...we also have to hand it to the sculptor. yeah, JC's skills make the sculpt come alive, but without a great canvas to work with, i can't imagine it looking like that.

hats off to both the painter and sculptor. AMAZING work.

Seeing this it just makes me happy to know that an artist the quality of J C Hong is at the helm. With this standard of QC, the HT products can only get better and better. The future looks great.

JChong_repaintedJoker_01.jpg

When I saw the pic, it reminded me of the mob "therapy session" scene (for which I did a horizontal flip)

KillTheBatmanFlip.jpg

Impressive, most impressive....

Back