Hot Toys Issues Infringement Notice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4tIDdG2RcKdLW.gif

I ordered the AC Play civvies Bucky out of desperation. If Hot Toys doesn't want knock-offs, they should make 'em themselves :dunno
I'd have killed for a civvie CW Hot Toys Bucky, but they'd rather do more Iron Men :lol

Hot Toys devoting 99% of their attention to Iron Man??

njYcAIXtk4ryo.gif

That would never happen LOL

Howard prolly feels like this after reading the comments on that post.

_88030599_88028726.jpg

Damn it where is John Brennan?

Seriously, I can't seem to find his comments on Facebook...

I can't find him either. Does anyone have a link to his comments? ...Or at least remember what he said?

Last edited:
Looking from a different perspective im sure there are ppl who bought what they thought was a legit HT item only to open the box and find something inferior. For those ppl this might seem attractive as an avenue of recourse.

There are ppl who bought legit HT item only to open the box and find something inferior....

We are on mms 400+? How many of those have been rotters? I agree some have, but how many? Out of over 400 figures? The fact this discussion is even taking place says a lot. Who's making knock off Medicom figures?

No one will bat 1.000, but overall HT has been an overwhelmingly positive force if you're into collecting 1/6. By light years.

HT is the coke classic of 1/6. And who wants to live in a world without coke classic?

Most of these reproductions seems to be coming from China and Hot toys think they can really go after these companies knocking off their stuff? I'm gonna wish them, "goodluck". China is prolific in counterfeit and reproductions and they don't care about copy rights of companies from other nations. I am almost positive Chinese officials don't care. As long as their businesses make more money, it is better for the Chinese economy and won't care about other companies, specially Hong Kong-based ones.

Most of these reproductions seems to be coming from China and Hot toys think they can really go after these companies knocking off their stuff? I'm gonna wish them, "goodluck". China is prolific in counterfeit and reproductions and they don't care about copy rights of companies from other nations. I am almost positive Chinese officials don't care. As long as their businesses make more money, it is better for the Chinese economy and won't care about other companies, specially Hong Kong-based ones.

I don't think they still don't want any part of the Mouse :lol

Same with most things in this ilk, if people stop buying these things there's no point in the counterfeit companies to make them as they make no money, hence why Hot Toys is asking customers and the public to help instead of the government most likely.

I remember wondering why crap crisp and sweet products for like 10p or so were sold in the UK when I was a kid... turns out because people buy them regardless of quality.

No one will bat 1.000

True, but of those figures that aren't, esp if they're due to QC issues (and they're out there), of those figures only, I have very little sympathy for HT and Howards 15 storey mansion.

Disclaimer: I don't buy recasts. Never have, never will, and if you do you're a toilet blockage with feet.

Who's making knock off Medicom figures?
Medicom themself.

At present I only have one legitimate Punisher, and it's the 12" Collector's Edition that came out what seems a lifetime ago.

This one, but not my photo:

s-l1600.jpg
This reminds me...
Ike Perlmutter was sellin' bootleg toys at the beginin' of his career in US.
He then became a co-owner of Toy Biz with Avi Arad.
Toy Biz took over Marvel Comics in late 90's and saved it from bankruptcy.
So yeah, if it wasn't for a Jewish guy sellin' copies of licensed toys there'd no Marvel Entertainment or MCU.

:lol

Same with most things in this ilk, if people stop buying these things there's no point in the counterfeit companies to make them as they make no money, hence why Hot Toys is asking customers and the public to help instead of the government most likely.

I remember wondering why crap crisp and sweet products for like 10p or so were sold in the UK when I was a kid... turns out because people buy them regardless of quality.
And this is the simple reason that no amount of argument or actions will ever stop companies from reproducing, copying or infringing on other companies' rights or stop people from buying these items. People WANT things. Companies make things. People decide, depending on the cost, how much they are willing to pay for a similar item or the original item. Companies offer those varieties.

This argument did not start in the collectible world, it's certainly not gonna end here.

I dont think the issue is consumers liking stuff, cheap or otherwise. I think the issue (at least in reading the letter) is that cheap stuff (knock offs) is being passsed off and/or sold as high end stuff (HT products), sometimes defrauding the consumer.

I think theyre also pissed off that they go the legal route to get licenses only to have someone freeload and copy their work.

16836297_10154246805382344_4400007205725260084_o.jpg

The post title and the image they posted says it all. I wonder if this means they're gonna start cracking down on all the bootleg figures from One Sixth Kit and other stores like the New Avengers Scarlet Witch, Civil War Bucky, and especially that new Punisher we've seen.

HFxsc1xXdUzcs.gif

16836297_10154246805382344_4400007205725260084_o.jpg

The post title and the image they posted says it all. I wonder if this means they're gonna start cracking down on all the bootleg figures from One Sixth Kit and other stores like the New Avengers Scarlet Witch, Civil War Bucky, and especially that new Punisher we've seen.

CKeNvlmW0MbLO.gif

I'm sorry guys, I am hooked on these funny GIFs, I promise that is the last one for this thread but I had to do this one. It was the perfect one!

Back