Hot Toys Iron Man [The Origins Collection]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this was in the colour scheme of the previous version, that would have been an instant purchase. But with the primary colours, well... I just don't think it works, honestly. I don't think you need to paint is exactly like every other Iron Man, but surely there was a middle ground between realism and completely flat ketchup and mustard. It basically washes out all the detail of the armour.

Very Red and Very Yellow, dudes. “Ironmania” is runnin’ wild, brother! Damn, and I wanted a comic-style Iron Man for the collection, but I’ll stick with my Mark 46 😕

Also, I just thought of something: The Bad Batch line (in my opinion) was the best example of Hot Toys taking an animated/cartoon character and giving it “realism” and texture. Maybe that’s the method HT could’ve used instead of this one. 🤔

$450 for figures that look like this? It's a blown up hasbro.

Feel like their cartoon inspired figures are way overpriced for such simple paint apps and sculpts. Why I never got around to those spiderverse figures either.

When you look at it the armor color is accurate to the comics. However the shine of it is present in panels and I agree if they went for the metallic paint scheme on top of this or even closer to how Alex Ross drew IM that would have been better.
433b96cfd2cf5af6a372d11c94e8af6a.jpg
66dfeaf65b0c5b3a18ec77cdde082de4.jpg

The one I'm really waiting for is Prime/Model 51. And maybe EndoSym/Model 50. And if we're really lucky, Model 42 (not having a mainline black/gold suit in the MCU is criminal). Feels like all the others already got good representation via their MCU counterparts, but those three are still unique.

Not that I think that they'll get to them any time this century.

Nostalgia fueled purchase. I think this’ll look good next to Classic Spidey. 1/6 Secret Wars collection. 😎

View attachment 650443
Damn dude, you totally brought back some memories! I used to have that figure! I used to take that IM and the Doctor Doom figure everywhere with me. :cry:

Honestly, I'm tempted to get this HT version now.

When you look at it the armor color is accurate to the comics. However the shine of it is present in panels and I agree if they went for the metallic paint scheme on top of this or even closer to how Alex Ross drew IM that would have been better. View attachment 650530View attachment 650532
Exactly. The yellow and red need to be metallic. That was always the intention of the comic art to represent. Iron Man. Iron. Metal.

If HT update the paint to be metallic I will be all over this

Back