Hot Toys - Iron Man Mark XLVII (47)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smlshin

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I have like three Iron Man Hot Toys, but I am not an Iron Man fiend haha, BUT...

I'm just curious why this one is so damn expensive. Lol. Was it underproduced or something? The prices are so high on eBay.

I have like three Iron Man Hot Toys, but I am not an Iron Man fiend haha, BUT...

I'm just curious why this one is so damn expensive. Lol. Was it underproduced or something? The prices are so high on eBay.

Simple

Low supply and high demand.

well actually it was low demand to start with, which led to low preorders and low production. After it sold out nearly overnight there was a lot more demand.

well actually it was low demand to start with, which led to low preorders and low production. After it sold out nearly overnight there was a lot more demand.

Avengers Hawkeye syndrome, low initial interest leads to low production, then demand spike as FOMO sets in once it sells out quickly after movie/character is better than anticipated

Actually it's because he's a badass figure! =)

47 Reds.jpg

Actually it's because he's a badass figure! =)

You can just page through the first many pages of its thread, the armor was a constant source of derision and mockery before the film. Plenty of people refused outright to believe the early toy previews even had the right color scheme, that it was so bad it wouldn't even have a mark number in canon, and that Hot Toys probably wouldn't even make one. Reads like the macrumors forum when the first ipod was announced

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178316

You can just page through the first many pages of its thread, the armor was a constant source of derision and mockery before the film. Plenty of people refused outright to believe the early toy previews even had the right color scheme, that it was so bad it wouldn't even have a mark number in canon, and that Hot Toys probably wouldn't even make one. Reads like the macrumors forum when the first ipod was announced

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178316

No need to as I read it while anticipating this figure. I base my collection on what I like and not the opinions of others.

What they’re pointing out Redwolf, is that the figure’s aftermarket value and demand is based on low production numbers and scarcity more so than how it looks.

What they?re pointing out Redwolf, is that the figure?s aftermarket value and demand is based on low production numbers and scarcity more so than how it looks.

Exactly. I'm one of those that still doesn't get its appeal. To me it looks like Friday was making another Mark 46 but ran out of red & gold paint, and Tony couldn't wait on the finishing touches because he had to save the day in Spidey HC.

What they?re pointing out Redwolf, is that the figure?s aftermarket value and demand is based on low production numbers and scarcity more so than how it looks.

I'm well aware of their points. My point is regardless of how Luke warm this item was received I still wanted it and purchased it. Most commonly around here collectors are swayed by others and their opinions.

Avengers Hawkeye syndrome, low initial interest leads to low production, then demand spike as FOMO sets in once it sells out quickly after movie/character is better than anticipated

Yeah I remember that Hawkeye is was so cheap, like $200 for retail and then it just SOARED to $1,000. Nowadays I've seen it dip to the $400-ish range.

But how do you guys know that it's underproduced? Sorry, just really curious how all this information gets out.

Back