Hot Toys Iron Man Mark IV (Secret Project) Toy Fair Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they make a ton of these so all those planning to scalp it get stuck with it.

Great. I just watched the latest "Avengers: Earth's Mighiest Heroes" and what do you know, they had a grey Iron Man suit in it! :lol

Wow, crazy boring. An all-gold metal version might have been cool.

Normally I don't like to make lame, negative comments about figures I have no intention of purchasing, 'cause each their own and all that, BUT...

(and correct me if I'm wrong) - HT are re-using the MK IV molds, so no additional expense there. They're using all the WM paint, so no additional expense there. They already have the license for MK IV variants, so no additional expense there.

OK, so maybe this is simplifying the production process, and they don't just have left over paint laying about, and maybe some of the molds will need retooling etc, but my point is that this figure should be priced well under the Mk IV MSRP because it is not being developed from scratch. But somehow I think this will be priced at a premium.

Thank you Hot Toys for treating us like the schmucks we probably are.

*end lame negative comment.

I'm reading a lot of post about being let down because they didn't get a Stealth IM variant.

Honestly that paint deco looks more stealth than that atrocious blue paint scheme that all the other toy companies have done already. If the Marvel Movie Universe had a Stealth IM I would imagine it would look something like this. That being said I don't plan on getting to fired up (on either end) until I see the accessories.

I'm reading a lot of post about being let down because they didn't get a Stealth IM variant.

Honestly that paint deco looks more stealth than that atrocious blue paint scheme that all the other toy companies have done already. If the Marvel Movie Universe had a Stealth IM I would imagine it would look something like this.

The toys companies are just being faithful to the look in the comics:

Iron%20man152.stealth%20armor.jpg

StealthMark1.gif

If they were to use the steath armor in the movie it would probably black with dark blue accents.

Re: Possible HT Iron Man Mark IV SDCC Exclusive?

Something similar to this:

Hyper-Hobby-Iron-Man-Stealth_1275409167.jpg

If they release that garbage I'll be happy. I'll definitely pass, then I'll thank them for allowing me to save some coin on the IM line for a change :rock

A true stealth suit from the comics would be black, with shifting bluish metallic highlights.

StealthMark1.gif

A tough look to pull off in old-school four-color comics.
But consider the blue mud dauber:

TRSQ3RHQFRXQFRMQR0U0ORKQWR50JQX0DQRQ3RKQFRRQARRQNRG0BRM03Q90CRE0TQLQ3Q40YQ80UR.jpg

A look that only mother nature has managed to pull off.
There are some color-shifting auto paints that come close, but no painted polystone I've seen . . .

Shame HT didn't "WOW" us with some new chrome-ish coating.
Matte finifshes can be cool, though.

EDIT:
DFanatic beat me to it. I kindly dodge your unstoppable mass . . .

!!

Looks like hot toys want to depreciate the silly thing version. Hurry everyone sell me your mark 3 silly thing version , ill buy that for a dollar. :)

ohh man i was kinda expecting something cool in color wise..:monkey3 guess not :slap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back