Hot Toys Iron Man Mark IV (Secret Project) Toy Fair Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Possible HT Iron Man Mark IV SDCC Exclusive?

Hmmm... they could do a drunk, party fight version. Thats about it screen accurate wise they could do. But I think the Stealth is very likely given what they did for the "stupid things" version. :rolleyes:

I thought you said they would never make the stealth version. :nana: lol jk

Ah the Gunmetal Grey wasn't that bad. I remember having a chance at it during Comic-Con order but just passing on it.

Same here. If its not screen or at least comic accurate, I could care less. So I too passed on the gunmetal one. Really a dumb idea frankly. But the stealth suit has been around for a while in the comics. I'd think they really wouldn't be covered to do things like that though. But I guess Marvel just doesn't seem to care as they let them do the gunmetal version. Maybe they thought it was another Hasbro figure :lol

Same here. If its not screen or at least comic accurate, I could care less. So I too passed on the gunmetal one. Really a dumb idea frankly. But the stealth suit has been around for a while in the comics. I'd think they really wouldn't be covered to do things like that though. But I guess Marvel just doesn't seem to care as they let them do the gunmetal version. Maybe they thought it was another Hasbro figure :lol

Thankfully due to a really great deal by a board member I was able to get the Gunmetal figure afterwards. Just because I want the variant suit versions being the dork that I am. But at the time I thought nah I'll stick to only movie stuff or comic stuff like you said.

Maybe they have the rights to not only the movies but the iron man suits in 1:6th scale?

How pissed would people be if Iron Monger was the SDCC exclusive LOL

That would ruffle some feathers for sure.

Captain America/Iron Patriot colors would be a nice tie-in to the last major Marvel film of the summer.

The thing I don't get is that a ton of pre-orders on the MK IV were canceled do to bad QC, therefore leaving a lot of people without theirs. So why would Hot Toys go ahead and make exclusives of the MK. IV when they haven't even delivered the normal one to people still expecting it? Seems kinda shady to me.

The thing I don't get is that a ton of pre-orders on the MK IV were canceled do to bad QC, therefore leaving a lot of people without theirs. So why would Hot Toys go ahead and make exclusives of the MK. IV when they haven't even delivered the normal one to people still expecting it? Seems kinda shady to me.

The Mark IV is generally regarded as the best Iron Man figure, even the poll on this site dictated that sentiment. Not sure what makes you think HT lost any money on that figure.

The Mark IV is generally regarded as the best Iron Man figure, even the poll on this site dictated that sentiment. Not sure what makes you think HT lost any money on that figure.

I said nothing about them losing money. I was asking about why they didn't make more normal MK. IV's so people that pre-ordered them would actually get one instead of cutting those orders and not delivering. It just seems wrong to make an exclusive, when they couldn't even deliver to the people that originally pre-ordered the normal MK. IV

I am holding out for the yellow polka-dot version of the Mk IV. Or perhaps the rainbow 'gay pride' repaint. Or maybe the 'Woodstock' paisley version. Or possibly the black and white and red all over Mk IV. Or....etc etc etc.

wallpaper-iron-patriot.jpg

I HATE the fact that the only Iron Patriot representation right now is the small Marvel Universe version. I wish somebody...anybody would get one done soon, whether it be Bowen, Hot Toys, Sideshow, etc...:impatient::impatient::impatient:

it's not really Iron Patriot and I think it looks pretty crappy

Iron Patriot done by HT would kick some major ass. Its a cool paint scheme I'd like to own anyways.

Give him a Willem Dafoe head and he'd be ultimate. :lol

I can live without the dafoe likeness. :lol

I HATE the fact that the only Iron Patriot representation right now is the small Marvel Universe version. I wish somebody...anybody would get one done soon, whether it be Bowen, Hot Toys, Sideshow, etc...:impatient::impatient::impatient:

Sideshow confirmed twice now that the Iron Patriot is in their docket of characters to get done. Being that we haven't heard anything in a while about it, I would imagine he probably is coming sooner than later.

Give him a Willem Dafoe head and he'd be ultimate. :lol

Norman in the film universe is dead. Thanks Raimi. Although if they do an Iron Patriot paint scheme and you nab the head off of the eventual Green Goblin HT figure it wouldn't be a difficult bash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back