Hot Toys - IRON MAN - MARK III PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a difference between the mark 3 and the battle damage mark 3 for some reason the two look a little different maybe its just the battle damage chest

plus the regular one looks much better overall than the BD version.

That's a matter of opinion. :D The BD has that metallic crimson paintjob (like the MKIV) that looks spot on.

But the waist area looks thiner for some reason all the need to do was change out the chest piece, but for some reason they changed it so its looks alot thinner.

Correct me if I am wrong I dont own one.

To be frank I am not sure if they are still going to release that steath Iron man they were show casing at Comic Con with the improved Mark 3 body.

They should forget that and rerelease the mark 3 /Mark 3 BD with a new head sculpt and not bother with something that was not in the movie. They can get some additonal sales with the release of the Iron Monger.

But the waist area looks thiner for some reason all the need to do was change out the chest piece, but for some reason they changed it so its looks alot thinner.

Correct me if I am wrong I dont own one.

To be frank I am not sure if they are still going to release that steath Iron man they were show casing at Comic Con with the improved Mark 3 body.

They should forget that and rerelease the mark 3 /Mark 3 BD with a new head sculpt and not bother with something that was not in the movie. They can get some additonal sales with the release of the Iron Monger.

:exactly: :slap

Thinking one looks better than another IS a matter of opinion. Not a big deal to me if its movie accurate. Which if you want accuracy then get the pantone colour match from the original suit and match them to the figure. Never use a computer to do it.

Thinking one looks better than another IS a matter of opinion. Not a big deal to me if its movie accurate. Which if you want accuracy then get the pantone colour match from the original suit and match them to the figure. Never use a computer to do it.

Yes, maybe. But as far screen color accuracy, N-O. That said, a fact is fact, and an opinion is, well, an opinion. One doesn't change the other and I'll let you guess which is which.

All I have seen is opinions and very little facts. The fact is some people like the BD Ironman because of the Different paint scheme and the obvious. Saying one is better because it is screen accurate does not make it better in my eyes. Just an opinion :D

We just differ on this. :D

Last edited:
Finallly received the last Mark Suit I needed to complete them all. I purchased a MISB one and everything is great except for the batteries were dead out of the box. Other than that, I'm pretty stoked especially since none of the rubber parts were discolored or faded. :yess:

Mark3Clean3w.jpg

Mark3Clean2w.jpg

Mark3Clean1w.jpg

Mark3CleanBox1w.jpg

Mark3CleanBox2w.jpg

Congrats clean! I still love my regular Mark III cause of the accurate paint job. Yeah, check those batts if they already leaked..it's been what? almost 3 years when they released that..

This figure was once the pinnacle of HT R&D:lecture, thankfuly they have improved by leaps and bounds...but it still holds a special place in my collection:)

Great pictures by the way, it still 'pops'

I finally decided to get the original mark 3. I've always wanted it because it's maroon ( i have the BD, i like the maroon better), it has the awesome box that hot toys probably wont bother with again, and, well, i just really need to complete the original three marks.

But why buy an old mold/design? i ask myself before bidding...

Then i realized that with the release of the Unleashed mark 2, that new mark 2 mold will be the new template for the next mark 3 re release (if any, but highly likely) and subsequent 'exclusive/super secret/milky/chaching' versions. The original design mold is actually gonna be retired (well, unless Hot Toys re release an 'inferior' mold).

So i figured, it's an ok time to get crazy. Click BID!

With that said, I hope i made an ok deal for a LIB one at $190 shipped. Crossing my fingers.

I finally decided to get the original mark 3. I've always wanted it because it's maroon ( i have the BD, i like the maroon better), it has the awesome box that hot toys probably wont bother with again, and, well, i just really need to complete the original three marks.

But why buy an old mold/design? i ask myself before bidding...

Then i realized that with the release of the Unleashed mark 2, that new mark 2 mold will be the new template for the next mark 3 re release (if any, but highly likely) and subsequent 'exclusive/super secret/milky/chaching' versions. The original design mold is actually gonna be retired (well, unless Hot Toys re release an 'inferior' mold).

So i figured, it's an ok time to get crazy. Click BID!

With that said, I hope i made an ok deal for a LIB one at $190 shipped. Crossing my fingers.

I've always wanted the paint app of this regular version more than the BD version because of the accurate color.:monkey1

Nice catch there bro. :clap

Back