Hot Toys - IRON MAN - MARK III PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i finally found a screwdriver small enough to fit so that i could remove the batteries in the arms to prevent leaks! WOW they are tiny and fly out like air gun pellets! had to wrap them in sellotape to keep them safe together!

Twenty more bucks for the security of SS v. some dude on eBay is worth it though... Gotta keep my fingers crossed that all is good!

Gotta agree there. I paid $197 ($47 shipping) to some dude on ebay over a year ago. He has solid feedback, but I'm still empty handed :D

I know I'm a little late...But, does anyone know of any retailers that still have this in-stock?

thanks, AK :)

i finally found a screwdriver small enough to fit so that i could remove the batteries in the arms to prevent leaks! WOW they are tiny and fly out like air gun pellets! had to wrap them in sellotape to keep them safe together!

Heh, they are teeny. Very tricky to remove and replace. Just like the HT Predator ones.

Okay I got it. The lights in the head are coming on too but they just flicker a bit and then turn off, what's the deal? Don't tell me I'm going to have to return this thing!

That wing switch should trigger both eyes and chest. Pop the head off and make sure nothing is obscuring the eyes. Mine had a previous owner so I'm unsure as to any other issues when he's factory fresh.

That's not good, Chav. :confused:

Alright I got it!!!! I took the head off and flipped the switch to see what the deal was and nothing. So I then took the battery panel off and played with the batteries a bit, and BINGO the head lights came on along with the chest peice light. So all is good!:D

Wow this is an amazing figure, best figure I own. Thanks for your help fellas.

Joe

Same defect on an Ironman MK3 -> twice !

I know this is a photo thread but i didnt know where else to post this.

I have like to know if the above is a defect and will post some macro shots later this evening. I've just manage to acquire the above after hot toys release their 2nd wave of MK3 from Simplytoys. The overall paint applications were great, but one thing i've observed is that the right"wing" on his back refuses to close completely. The hinges appears to be a tad broader than his left "wing", and obstructs it from being close, closer to his back. It kinda of "Sticks out" about 0.5mm from the back.

I've returned it and waited several weeks before a replacement piece came, i opened up the box and out came the MK3 with the exact same problem!

I own a MK2 and in terms of build and quality, its so much better than the MK3, both armoured "wings" adhere to his back nicely.

Can anyone share some back shots of the armoured "wings" in closed position?

Thanks.

You can consider yourself lucky.

I had to go through 5 boxes of mark 3. Two of them had a pin MISSING, another one has some paint marks (or scratches, I'm not too certain) on the helmet, while the other one has a assymetrical flap, resulting the other flap can't close completely. I finally found the perfect one on my fifth box.

I'm glad the dealer allowed me to inspect these before purchasing. considering my past experience with HT.

My advice is, do not get these online as you can't inspect them. At leasr not the 1st lot that were out before the lunar new year.

hydeandseek, thanks, seems mine is having the same defect. Unfortunately for me, I had the same problem even for my 2nd figure.

Do you know if HT changes figure for assymetrical flaps?

Back