Hot Toys - IRON MAN - MARK II PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Mark 2. The Mark 3 is more iconic in terms of visual reference but something about the finish of the Mark 2 especially when its lit up that makes it fantastic.

I received my replacement Mark II yesterday (the first had a broken right leg) and snapped a few shots:

3577990886_0cb378b598_b.jpg

3577188039_16b54671e9_b.jpg

3577191529_699784aea6_b.jpg

3577189271_abeee5a3e6_b.jpg

I LOVE your pics! Please feel free to post them in the Hot Toys section of my site!

Getting my Mark II today, after receiving the Mark III last week. Never thought I would be one day as excited about collectibles as I was as a kid when I had all the Star Wars figures (I even owned a 15-20 Stormtrooper army! My Dad is a very generous guy...).

I'll go ahead and pre-order the Mark I - any suggestion as to where I should do this to secure one?

Getting my Mark II today, after receiving the Mark III last week. Never thought I would be one day as excited about collectibles as I was as a kid when I had all the Star Wars figures (I even owned a 15-20 Stormtrooper army! My Dad is a very generous guy...).

I'll go ahead and pre-order the Mark I - any suggestion as to where I should do this to secure one?

you could try Toy Square

I got my MK III there, excellent customer service. Also they are located in Canada, so no worries on duty and what-not. However, their prices are in USD, so it can hit you hard if the dollar is low

Very nice poses, Marvel-ous! First flight scene.

Thanks mate. That's what I'm going for however I might eventually try to make my own string holder to enable the figure to retain a parallel pose, and I'll also try to tilt its head backwards some more, so that the figure is looking straight ahead. I'll find a way to do this. But for now, this is fine. The Mark I will go right next to the Mark II. The Hulk will have to go temporarily (I have to work on its hair anyway; the sculpting of the hair on that thing absolutely sucks---I'll try to implant it some real green hair).

I received my replacement Mark II yesterday (the first had a broken right leg) and snapped a few shots:
3577188039_16b54671e9_b.jpg
I got my replacement yesterday as well and he's perfect.

Fantastic pics as usual Zero!! :clap

Got mine today but ...:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I feel your pain Coco B, same exact thing happened to me. I went to pick him up out of the tray and his leg stayed put.:monkey2 I hope you're able to get a replacement.

I'm happy you guys got a replacement. Must've been extremely disappointing finally getting your figure only to find out it was broken. Coco I hope you get yours too man.

On another matter, I don't think anyone has ever discussed battery life on these things. I wonder how long it will stay lit on a fresh set of batteries...? Moreover, where can I find quality batteries for these figures without breaking the bank?

I'm happy you guys got a replacement. Must've been extremely disappointing finally getting your figure only to find out it was broken. Coco I hope you get yours too man.

On another matter, I don't think anyone has ever discussed battery life on these things. I wonder how long it will stay lit on a fresh set of batteries...? Moreover, where can I find quality batteries for these figures without breaking the bank?

just hit up circuit city or radioshack

I feel your pain Coco B, same exact thing happened to me. I went to pick him up out of the tray and his leg stayed put.:monkey2 I hope you're able to get a replacement.

You too?! Aww, man. :(
Well, I sent mine off a couple days ago for a replacement so hopefuuly I'll get a good one soon.

More experimenting with HDR.

3617873039_7494c05907_b.jpg

I'm starting to see the benefits of HDR. This photo is far more accurate to how my eye sees the Iron Man figure than this photo which looks cool but isn't really accurate to how it looks.

3604045820_af9b03c606_b.jpg

The figure is very shiny but not as chrome as it appears in the single exposure image.

More experimenting with HDR.

I'm starting to see the benefits of HDR. This photo is far more accurate to how my eye sees the Iron Man figure than this photo which looks cool but isn't really accurate to how it looks.

The figure is very shiny but not as chrome as it appears in the single exposure image.

Damn those are awesome pics man. Really professional. What did you use for a background exactly?

Incidentally, I love how HT captured the color of the Mark II armor, however, I'd love to see it more polished; in the movie, the armor is clearly reflective and a lot shinier than HT's. Maybe I'm being too anal.

Last edited:
Back