Hot Toys Iron Man Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrionMagnus

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just purchased my very first Hot Toys, which was the War Machine Mark I from a very friendly seller on here, and am thinking of getting an Iron Man armor to complement him. If I were to get one armor from the HT Iron Man Diecast series, which one would you recommend? I'm leaning towards either the Mark VI, or pre-ordering the Mark IV that's coming out in Oct-Dec. I've also heard good things about the Mark 45.

The most logical would probably be Mark VI to recreate the Iron Man 2 duo (But I already have the S.H. Figuarts Mark VI.
The thing is, I would like to get an armor that I don't have.

Just would like to hear everyone's opinions on the HT Iron Man diecast figures.

Thanks!

i never tire of the mk42/43 so easy to pose , durable, extras, helmet heads still good or buy a newer sculpt & the 42 has come down a lot in price . also these two will look good if you buy any plastic figures where a new mk5/6 etc will look odd next to them.

Haha sorry if that sounded a bit exclusive, that was my bad!!!

What thoughts do you have? Go ahead, I'll edit that statement- xDDD
oh no don't, you don't want to hear my thoughts about IM figures :lol

I only collect one of each Marvel character, and I opened for Mk III because it's the most "classic" look (though I ended up with two when they released the diecast!)

Yeah, "classic" look is the way I'd go, but I've never dipped into the diecast versions - didn't the MkIII have problems with its ankles, ie posing limitations?

In which case the MkIV would be a solid alternative.

If you looking to compliment your War Machine then I would 100% recommend mark vi. If you just want the “best” Iron Man, then I’d suggest waiting for diecast Mark VII.

Yeah, "classic" look is the way I'd go, but I've never dipped into the diecast versions - didn't the MkIII have problems with its ankles, ie posing limitations?

In which case the MkIV would be a solid alternative.

I really don't know whether the Mark III had issues or not, I always liked the armor but not in my Top 5 favorite armors. I'm planning to only get two Hot Toys figures- War Machine (already bought), and Iron Man. I plan to just get ONE diecast armor figure of Iron Man, so I'm working with my options, because I'm on a budget, hehe.

I honestly wouldn't mind getting one of the newer armors (i.e. Mark 46/47), because I do think the sleeker versions of Stark's armors would look pretty badass next to the bulky War Machine Mark I.

I dunno, if I find a good opportunity, I'll probably buy it on impulse. :dunno

If you looking to compliment your War Machine then I would 100% recommend mark vi. If you just want the “best” Iron Man, then I’d suggest waiting for diecast Mark VII.

I actually am leaning towards the Mark VI a lot just because I wanna complete the duo, but I feel the Mark IV would also look nicer. And as I said in a reply to someone else, I think the later armors (Like Mark 46/47) would complement the War Machine Mark I's bulkiness with their sleeker appearance.

And oh yeah, if a Mark VII diecast happened I'd be get right on that.

Thanks for your input!

I only collect one of each Marvel character, and I opened for Mk III because it's the most "classic" look (though I ended up with two when they released the diecast!)

That's a good way of collecting! Can't go wrong with the Mark III, one of the nicer looking armors, but probably not on my Top 5. It's gotta be like #6 or 7 tbh.

i never tire of the mk42/43 so easy to pose , durable, extras, helmet heads still good or buy a newer sculpt & the 42 has come down a lot in price . also these two will look good if you buy any plastic figures where a new mk5/6 etc will look odd next to them.

Mark 42 is definitely a beautiful armor. Although the Mark 43 is pretty much the gold and red inverted from the Mark 42, there's something about it that didn't really appeal to me, I'll be honest.

the dc 3 is great in the landing pose but pales against the other diecasts now out, i think mk6 is a lot more bang for your buck than the mk4 will be its already ordered so i hope to be proved wrong.

Man, I spent a whole 30 seconds editing my original post and I don't get your thoughts? :thud:
alright. a sample:
Spoiler Spoiler:

i hope that is enough :)

This thread has been done before recently, and the usual consensus is VI if you want the older look, 46 if you want a newer look. If you've got WM I'd say it's a no-brainer... VI.

Back