Action Figure Hot Toys Iron Man 3 1/6th scale Pepper Potts & Mark IX Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Pepper and MARK IX just came today!
I opened them up and wow there's a lot of accessories with them!
I got the Sideshow Exclusive version.

I finally set aside the time to take a few pictures. :yess: I'm very fond of this set! :D

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

Of course I had to get a shot of the Mark 9 with its almost identically designed twin, Python, and with the Mark 7. :)

IMG_1069.jpg

Man the Jay Leno jaw on pepper is tough to look at :lol I really want the mk 9 but I'm hoping for a discount on this in the future.

Hey Zack,
Congrats on the receipt of the 2 pack. Quick question, how close or how far is the color between the VII and the IX? I have an extra damaged chest piece from the VII I plan on using. Can you put yours on and snap a pic? Thanks.
Ryan

Hey Zack,
Congrats on the receipt of the 2 pack. Quick question, how close or how far is the color between the VII and the IX? I have an extra damaged chest piece from the VII I plan on using. Can you put yours on and snap a pic? Thanks.
Ryan

Sure thing! Here are a few pics of the Mark 7 and Mark 9 together, but with their chest plates swapped.

IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

The Mark 7 is shinier/glossier than the Mark 9 and is a richer shade of red. The difference in shade is somewhat subtle, but still noticeable. The difference in shininess is definitely more obvious. As a matter of fact, the Mark 9 seems to be the dullest of all the red suits so far. Still looks great on the shelf with the others though. I hope this helps! :)

Last edited:
I picked up an extra Mk IX helmet from ebay for my helmet shelf and noticed the color difference. The plus side is, the battle damaged piece from the VII is even darker than the clean piece because of charring, etc. I don't think it will look bad. Thanks again.
Ryan

I picked up an extra Mk IX helmet from ebay for my helmet shelf and noticed the color difference. The plus side is, the battle damaged piece from the VII is even darker than the clean piece because of charring, etc. I don't think it will look bad. Thanks again.
Ryan

Happy to help! :) Since the Mark 9 figure has a decent amount of battle damage painted on it, your battle damaged Mark 7 chest plate should actually match pretty well!

Hey Zack, another (slightly odd) question for you! The light up MKVII helmet, is the switch on yours solid? Mine is detached and falls back into the head... :(

You're talking about the light-up head that came with the set, right? Yeah, my switch appears to be pretty solid. If yours is detached/broken, you might be able to get a replacement from Sideshow. :)

Mark 9 looks awesome. I still don't like the Pepper.

Pepper looks decent in hand, but there is definitely room for improvement. The Mark 9, however, does look really cool, much more so than the Mark 7 in my opinion. It's one of my favorite suits so far!

Both the Mark 9 and Pepper impressed me more in hand than in pics. Mark 9 is much more matte than the Mark 7 and has some awesome battle scuffs. Due to the frankenstein body parts, it ends up having a very feminine feel with wide hip, skinny arms, and a puffier chest than more recent suits. Excellent display piece.

Pepper is not as impressive fully clothed compared to her extremis alternative. I narrowed down the biggest issue with Pepper is how prominent her jaw looks when her hair is behind her shoulders. However, without her shirt, her body is twice as impressive because of how well detailed and smooth it looks. Adjust her hair over her shoulders (this then slightly occludes her strong jaw, and everything starts to come into place. She suddenly looks very much like Pepper in the movie.

Again, in hand, she looks WAY better, pics don't due it justice, perhaps because of lighting/angle.

Finally got some time to set this up. A few quick pics. I may change the pose on Pepper, I may want to go with her shirtless look from later on the movie. I really like the Mark 9. Pepper looks really good from some angles but not so great from others. She looks better to me in person but it's definitely not the best head sculpt they have done and could use some improvement. Overall I am happy with both figures.

20160129_154943 by zuko1312, on Flickr

20160129_155001 by zuko1312, on Flickr

20160129_154934 by zuko1312, on Flickr

20160129_154923 by zuko1312, on Flickr

20160129_154927 by zuko1312, on Flickr

20160129_154850 by zuko1312, on Flickr

20160129_154906 by zuko1312, on Flickr

This set allows for multiple displays. I did not have the time yet but I will try different things. Pepper is much better in hand than prototype or as seen in pictures. Something similar happened also to me with Hawkeye AoU (an outstanding figure in hand and not so great from pictures in terms of head sculpt). Of course, Pepper could have been much better than final result has been. Overall very happy with this set and recommended. IM IX looks terrific. Some pics...

Attachments

• DSCN4239.JPG
    DSCN4239.JPG
    479.1 KB · Views: 337
  • DSCN4274.JPG
    DSCN4274.JPG
    465.7 KB · Views: 338
  • DSCN4267.JPG
    DSCN4267.JPG
    458.1 KB · Views: 335
It's the white shirt that makes it look like that, it sits kind of high on her and is hard to get right. She looks best without the shirt.

Finally got a chance to open this set. Really happy with it, the Mark IX is awesome and Pepper is a solid fig. The bangs are really what i think throws off the look a bit, but the likeness is definately there.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Back