Action Figure Hot Toys Iron Man 3 1/6th scale Pepper Potts & Mark IX Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They won't list every item. Especially what you can't see. They don't list the fat suit on Captain America. It's still not a final product yet.
When they release it, hopefully with the Paltrow head sculpt shown elsewhere, they may list the sports bra and show alternate photos with the final scene.
They still show it blacked out, but you know what it is in the picture. As stated, the bra is visible through the white shirt. They never showed the Tony Stark head sculpt for the DC Mk III, but you know it's there.
Ryan

I do not get why they made her with iron-suit hand but not in a final battle outfit.
Iron+Man+3_1.jpg

they mostly followed this look:
iron-man-3-explozie.jpg

but definately it was their reference:
PHE4jwXCgYCwIH_1_l.jpg

So, it would make more sense, if we would get additional bra for final battle look.:)

The proto photo with Pepper wearing the arm is a black silhouette, that means its not done enough to show yet. Same thing when a headsculpt isn't finished yet. The final body is not an off the shelf female body, and what they have now is just a placeholder. Just wait.

I do not get why they made her with iron-suit hand but not in a final battle outfit.
Iron+Man+3_1.jpg

they mostly followed this look:
iron-man-3-explozie.jpg

but definately it was their reference:
PHE4jwXCgYCwIH_1_l.jpg

So, it would make more sense, if we would get additional bra for final battle look.:)

It's pretty obvious she'll have the sport top, you can clearly see it through the blouse, it may not be listed, but not all clothing accessories are (especially ones not meant to come off-- ... no need to go there.).

Half off never gonna happen.

I think this is eventually going to be put on Sale. I mean heavily discounted. I just can't see this selling out for a LONG time or until it is 50% discounted.

Weren't some Hot Toy figures close to 50% off during Black Friday at SSC and BBTS?

I remember getting some pretty good deals last year on figures that I normally would not buy (at MSRP) but would happily pick up when discounted.

General Zod, Barney Ross, Jor-El, Ada Wong, Joker (Nicholson Mime), Hit Girl, Amber - were some of the Hot Toys/Medicom figs I bought in the $130 range during that sale. Not quite half off but still heavily discounted. Those figures were probably never in heavy demand so they wanted to dump the excess inventory - I could envision the Pepper Potts falling into this category.*

I've been holding out on the IronMan 2 Tony Stark w/ Arc Reactor accessories for the same reason. I really want it but $200 is more than I want to pay. It seems to be in stock everywhere still so I could see some distributors wanting to clear those out by year end.

* in the interest of full disclosure, I preordered the Pepper set. Wanted to give my financial support to show there is demand for the underrepresented female figure lines.

* in the interest of full disclosure, I preordered the Pepper set. Wanted to give my financial support to show there is demand for the underrepresented female figure lines

:hi5:

That's exactly why I preordered Gamora last year. I might order Pepper soon for the same reason.

* in the interest of full disclosure, I preordered the Pepper set. Wanted to give my financial support to show there is demand for the underrepresented female figure lines.

Excellent point! :rock I'll probably order her at a later date when I have some reward points to lower the price.

Weren't some Hot Toy figures close to 50% off during Black Friday at SSC and BBTS?

I remember getting some pretty good deals last year on figures that I normally would not buy (at MSRP) but would happily pick up when discounted.

General Zod, Barney Ross, Jor-El, Ada Wong, Joker (Nicholson Mime), Hit Girl, Amber - were some of the Hot Toys/Medicom figs I bought in the $130 range during that sale. Not quite half off but still heavily discounted. Those figures were probably never in heavy demand so they wanted to dump the excess inventory - I could envision the Pepper Potts falling into this category.*

I've been holding out on the IronMan 2 Tony Stark w/ Arc Reactor accessories for the same reason. I really want it but $200 is more than I want to pay. It seems to be in stock everywhere still so I could see some distributors wanting to clear those out by year end.

Figs may come close to half off for a day or 2, but those are usually your bottom of the barrel peg warming, can barely give 'em away figures like Angelica, Banner, Jor El, etc.

I don't see 50% happening for a Marvel IM boxed set that comes with an IM armor ever, but it's anyone's guess. I'm sure it will get hit with the 2x/3x rewards and maybe a coupon or free shipping occasionally (during Spook or Stark week for example) like the Chitauri boxed set did. Still, if you take a gander at the Chitauri boxed set today on Sideshow's site, it's $474.99 + shipping.

:dunno

This wont even be out by Spooktacular this year. Its scheduled to drop between December and February of next year. So really not a chance for this year, right?

Not to be a Downer at all. I got a couple good deals last year. Hulk and Banner set and Iron Patriot. Both of them were 30% off with double rewards. I know I would have bought more had I been prepared for what to expect. It was my first year. Definitely saving my pennies this year. And even though I did preorder this set, I definitely see it discounted in the future. And i used reward points to make the price more bearable.

Almost every figure gets some level of discount. But only a few get those heavy discounts. There's a chance of course. But I would t count on it. It's equally as likely it sells out. Statistics state both are equally as probable.

Back