Action Figure Hot Toys Iron Man 3 1/6th scale Pepper Potts & Mark IX Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The arm sequence in the movie shouldn't have worked. The chest RT powers the suit. Pepper punched out the chest RT and punch mounted the arm and ripped it from the suit. Once detached there's nothing to power the hand repulsor. Being the Mk IX, it wasn't a modular suit. It shouldn't have fired anything. Plothole?
Ryan

Who says the repulsors need the chest RT? The 42 isn't just "modular" its prehensile, meaning all the parts can fly around on their own and do stuff, not that it just is powered when in pieces. Seeing as how the whole HPP can fly on their own, why wouldn't the parts work in some capacity beyond being attached to a complete suit? Or if it needs sustained power from the RT, maybe its designed to keep one last charge should it be disconnected? Its fictional technology. Seeing as how HPP were never seen before or since, their capabilities beyond the one sentence written by some intern in the companion books can be whatever you want them to be.

Something similar happened in the first IM movie when Tony was wearing the Mark 3 arm by itself and he shot out the glass in his workshop. The repulsor wasn't directly connected to the arc reactor in his chest, yet it still worked.

?
LINsTNZ.png

Well, the IP also was completely non-functional once Rhodey got his hand warmed up. Then it worked for Savin and somehow was able to be controlled by Killian once the President was in it. Then Rhodey fired a repulsor blast while swinging on the outside of the IP. When all this was happening I said to myself "either accept all of this or reject everything." :lol

There is clearly a difference between knowing how to use the suit and not. AIM did the Iron patriot upgrade so Killian and Savin would know all the tricks. Rhodey knows his suit. Pepper couldn't use the repulsor correctly the first time during the mansion scene but did at the end.

The 42 parts may not need the full reactor but that's the first suit to have that and in IM3 it was a prototype. The glove photo from im1 doesn't do anything becuase you can see its hooked to Starks arc. So for the other suits they all have a reactor built in, that's why they can fly in their own. It's why in aou they work at all. But when you pull it apart as pepper did it wouldn't work.

Also if repulsors needed an arc reactor, Tony home made one he used in IM3 wouldn't worked, it wasn't hooked up to his chest

That may be. But it was designed to not have he arc. Big difference. He obviously would know this and would have included some type of power gen. What wahmpyr described is correct. That said, it's a movie. Things get missed. But he's correct

There is clearly a difference between knowing how to use the suit and not. AIM did the Iron patriot upgrade so Killian and Savin would know all the tricks. Rhodey knows his suit. Pepper couldn't use the repulsor correctly the first time during the mansion scene but did at the end.

Great point! Completely forgot they were responsible for the upgrade. Still, Rhodey being able to fire the repulsor from outside of the suit seems pretty ridiculous. Then again I wouldn't know how anything is even activated in Iron Man suits: voice command? Eyes to corresponding UI? Tactile buttons within hands/feet? Neural connection? And I have a bow and arrow. None of this makes sense.

I wish that was the biggest problem with iron man 3.

Instead of the story the direction etc

is anyone really going to spend the 440 for this set? i mean pepper in the sports bra, barefoot, with the arm on i might do but i have no need of mk9. Dont like paint job nor is peppers head in it cannon to the film. I also believe it was mk8 that got destroyed not mk9 but whatever. Seriously $440 for this is crazy.

Who the fark would buy this. HT are scraping at the bottom of the barrel now. What's next Jar Jar binks?

Who the fark would buy this. HT are scraping at the bottom of the barrel now. What's next Jar Jar binks?

Yeah becuase pepper isn't a top requested character and iron man never sells. Just becuase you don't want it doesn't mean it's not worth making. Short sighted and Uninformed comment. You wanna know who would buy it read the thread. Or the most requested female character thread.

I was just curious as to how people feel about that crazy 440$ price for the set, not trying to start anything. I might be interested in having a pepper pose with that arm and sports bra look, but thats it no IM needed.

Re: Hot Toys Iron Man 3 1/6th scale Pepper Potts & Mark IX Collectible Fi

If you watch that scene very carefully you'll see a wire running from the arc reactor to the glove. You'll even see the "energy" feed into the repulsor when you hear the build-up to the blast.
Ahhh okay. I see that in the picture that was posted. Sorry, I haven't seen the original Iron Man movie in a few years. [emoji38]

The arm sequence in the movie shouldn't have worked. The chest RT powers the suit. Pepper punched out the chest RT and punch mounted the arm and ripped it from the suit. Once detached there's nothing to power the hand repulsor. Being the Mk IX, it wasn't a modular suit. It shouldn't have fired anything. Plothole?
Ryan

i forgot how many times she used the arm only without the chest piece, but wouldn't it be possible the hand itself has somesort of capacitor that precharged the hand so it can shoot on sight without waiting for the chest piece or power source to charge it up? i mean we're talking about some super armor here, not some laptop that turns off once you remove the AC plug.

Hot Toys Iron Man 3 1/6th scale Pepper Potts & Mark IX Collectible Figures

Tony's arm worked separately in AOU. Small thrusters were being used while attempting to lift Thor's hammer. It wasn't attached to the RT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back