Action Figure Hot Toys Iron Man 3 1/6th scale Pepper Potts & Mark IX Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys' Striding Cloud (Stormriders) had good tailoring too but the bottom of his pants easily gets loose from the boots.

:goodpost: :exactly: I am very excited to get Pepper and my mom is thrilled that Hot Toys are finally doing more female figures.

did you see the price for Pepper? for a figure that comes with basic clothes & 1 arm accessories they are asking the price of an arm.

did you see the price for Pepper? for a figure that comes with basic clothes & 1 arm accessories they are asking the price of an arm.

I wouldn't call it the price of an arm...though i've kinda just accepted that the current default price for Hot Toys figs are gonna be $200 and up. Oh well, if you can afford it and want it, go ahead and buy it. I did think that Rocket was like 20-30 bucks overpriced though.

The arm sequence in the movie shouldn't have worked. The chest RT powers the suit. Pepper punched out the chest RT and punch mounted the arm and ripped it from the suit. Once detached there's nothing to power the hand repulsor. Being the Mk IX, it wasn't a modular suit. It shouldn't have fired anything. Plothole?
Ryan

Re: Hot Toys Iron Man 3 1/6th scale Pepper Potts & Mark IX Collectible Figures

The arm sequence in the movie shouldn't have worked. The chest RT powers the suit. Pepper punched out the chest RT and punch mounted the arm and ripped it from the suit. Once detached there's nothing to power the hand repulsor. Being the Mk IX, it wasn't a modular suit. It shouldn't have fired anything. Plothole?
Ryan
Something similar happened in the first IM movie when Tony was wearing the Mark 3 arm by itself and he shot out the glass in his workshop. The repulsor wasn't directly connected to the arc reactor in his chest, yet it still worked. Maybe it remotely feeds off the arc reactor based on proximity? But that still doesn't explain why Pepper could use the Mark 9 repulsor after its arc reactor had been destroyed.

Ryan

Well, the IP also was completely non-functional once Rhodey got his hand warmed up. Then it worked for Savin and somehow was able to be controlled by Killian once the President was in it. Then Rhodey fired a repulsor blast while swinging on the outside of the IP. When all this was happening I said to myself "either accept all of this or reject everything." :lol

Re: Hot Toys Iron Man 3 1/6th scale Pepper Potts & Mark IX Collectible Fi

Something similar happened in the first IM movie when Tony was wearing the Mark 3 arm by itself and he shot out the glass in his workshop. The repulsor wasn't directly connected to the arc reactor in his chest, yet it still worked. Maybe it remotely feeds off the arc reactor based on proximity? But that still doesn't explain why Pepper could use the Mark 9 repulsor after its arc reactor had been destroyed.

If you watch that scene very carefully you'll see a wire running from the arc reactor to the glove. You'll even see the "energy" feed into the repulsor when you hear the build-up to the blast.

Also if repulsors needed an arc reactor, Tony home made one he used in IM3 wouldn't worked, it wasn't hooked up to his chest

The paint application looks similar to the 1/4 IMs. Looks good but still skipping over that big gap at the neck.

Back