Action Figure Hot Toys Iron Man 3 1/6th scale Pepper Potts & Mark IX Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Iron Man 3 1/6th scale Pepper Potts & Mark IX Collectible Figures.

Anyone else find it funny that JC now releases pics right after hot toys to show the heads "not that bad" :lol

Yes and it did not help Keaton sculpt at all.

I'll agree to that.

I'm a little perplexed how bad both the Keaton sculpts from Hot Toys have been.

Argh!:gah:

That waist grabber stand around her white shirt!
I hope Hot Toys changes that and gives us the lower support stand!

I guess it must be me but this HS is dead on Gwyneth. Maybe if she had a ponytail then it might convince more of you guys on here.

Bleach blonde hair throws it off a lot, as does the hair style and very dark lipstick.

Not really a figure I need in my collection but I'm glad they are making it for the people that want her. An easy pass here though.

Didn't she...Pepper kick a missile at Killian with he bare feet?
Why doesn't the figure come with a missile ?

Bleach blonde hair throws it off a lot, as does the hair style and very dark lipstick.

Yeah, agreed on the hair. It was lighter in IM, but it still had a strawberry blonde look to it. This looks too blonde.

Iron Man 3 1/6th scale Pepper Potts & Mark IX Collectible Figures.

Yeah, agreed on the hair. It was lighter in IM, but it still had a strawberry blonde look to it. This looks too blonde.

65d8499f014774f3ec5366e639c88b1c.jpg

Last edited:

Most people will probably say yes, but I don't think so. I like the long hair to be rooted. I just think the hair is a bit too light.

I agree, for hair that long, rooted hair is probably the way to go, but only if executed right. I think Thor's hair is about the longest that would look good for sculpted hair. The problem is getting rooted hair to look right is much more labor intensive and clearly HT is still lagging behind the more notable doll manufacturers in this department. I think until HT can get rooted hair to look right, they should stick to sculpted hair as much as possible.

The in hand head looks like Paltrow, albeit with the too light hair color. The head on the figure in the promo shots doesn't look like her. It does a little around the eyes, but that's about it. I agree that the aftermarket face sculpt in the 42 helmet looked more like her. That's just how I see it.
I agree that for poseability, long hair needs to be rooted and short hair should be sculpted. No interference that way.
Ryan

Most people will probably say yes, but I don't think so. I like the long hair to be rooted. I just think the hair is a bit too light.

:lecture Her bangs will need to be futzed a lot to get looking proper it seems.

That dark red lipstick isn't common and def not the look when she first comes to mind.

Something along these lines would look better imo and something the custom portrait got right:

tumblr_inline_mn4q08VrFg1qz4rgp.png

latest

532c6368cf00613b105245301a3bff8a.jpg

Pepper-and-Tony-tony-stark-and-pepper-potts-9679161-879-665.jpg

:lecture Her bangs will need to be futzed a lot to get looking proper it seems.

That dark red lipstick isn't common and def not the look when she first comes to mind.

Something along these lines would look better imo and something the custom portrait got right:

tumblr_inline_mn4q08VrFg1qz4rgp.png

latest

532c6368cf00613b105245301a3bff8a.jpg

Pepper-and-Tony-tony-stark-and-pepper-potts-9679161-879-665.jpg

I love Pepper...

Back