Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez. He's becoming more and more scarce and expensive already. I'd better jump on it while I still have the chance.

Damn, I haven' heard back yet about a possible exchange. If the online store doesn't do it, is it hard to get Hot Toys to do it? Anyone have any experience with exchanges directly to Hot Toys?

I'm trying not to panic, but I've been looking forward to this one since I preordered last summer and now I'm worried I'll either be without one or stuck with my poorly painted one :(

Last edited:
So you can break them, why else :lol

I think your right. The first Mark IV I got a few weeks ago was missing a part so I had to send it back for a replacement and while I was waiting for my shipping lable I decided to open the leg flaps and well big mistake. You guys werent kidding they broke instantly but I was able to put them back in their spot. Lets just say my replacements leg flaps arent coming open......ever.

I've 4 copies.... different purchase times... later ones seems to have better QC...

post-5392-1297339926.jpg

I think your right. The first Mark IV I got a few weeks ago was missing a part so I had to send it back for a replacement and while I was waiting for my shipping lable I decided to open the leg flaps and well big mistake. You guys werent kidding they broke instantly but I was able to put them back in their spot. Lets just say my replacements leg flaps arent coming open......ever.
Yeah, no good enough reason to open them, especially when they're so fragile. I haven't come across anyone here who prefers posing their IM with the back facing you.
Still, I like that HT gets detailed with their figures. That's why I buy them.

Mark IV is fantastic but this time I wasn't lucky with Hot Toys.
Mine Mark IV came with 2 defects:
- lights from right arm don't work;
- bad finishing in the helmet painting.
I have already sent an-email to Hot Toys, but I guess no chance to have response.

DSC07256.jpg

HOT TOYS, PLEASE TAKE MORE CARE IN QUALITY CONTROL!

Yes, they help keep the flight attitude. They are hard to open because the tabs that act as rails are not only painted, but more importantly, poorly painted because they are sticky paint... One really has to be a bit stupid to paint pieces that slide into each other, especially since they are not visible! Design error...

I see.

I've tried opening them the way someone suggested in a video, with the spatula tool coming in from behind on top, But even then I felt like it was gonna break.

Any other suggestions? I would like to have them open, as I definitely prefer the flight poses for this figure.

Any other suggestions? I would like to have them open, as I definitely prefer the flight poses for this figure.
Use the tool to create space all around the flap. In other words, you're trying to lift the flap/cover off the surface of the leg to create a gap all around.

From there, pull straight back at the top part of the flap. You are doing this to create more space for the hinge mechanism to work properly. To be more clear...if your figure is standing on a table you are pulling on the top half of the flap in the direction parallel to the table. Be careful. The flap will come to a stop, but you can pull it completely off if using too much force.

Finally, you can simply lift up from the bottom half of the flap in an arcward motion, just like any object would with a hinge.

Enjoy the pistons, take a few pictures, close, and never open again. :D

Even with following specific instructions to open the leg flaps, it's still a very difficult :tap and nerve racking :horror experience!

I've successfully opened it twice now but if I close it again for any posing reasons I will no longer be tempting fate for the third time. :lol

Last edited:
Back