Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mines not flaked or anything, just looks like a mark left as if the piece didn't get cut off the sprue cleanly.

Mines not flaked or anything, just looks like a mark left as if the piece didn't get cut off the sprue cleanly.

That's the rubbery collar, varies from figure to figure... as it depends on how good the cutting it from the sprue that they did....

neck connector paint problem is more related to the paint not completely dry and the red outer paint sticks to the mentioned collar^

PICT1019.jpg

I opened mine up today. It's a beautiful figure, indeed. Will take photos later when I have the time.

One question for folks here who already have it: Do you guys get a lot of light bleed in the helmet? Specifically in lower room light/darker environments.

edit: more clarification. The inside of the helmet is red in some areas and the light from the neck led is so bright that in dimmer lighting conditions, I can see the redness through the gold face plate when the light is on. In normal room light or daylight, this isn't a problem.

Last edited:
kinda off topic sry guys, but im new to DSLR, i have a canon t2i, will ur 17-40 lens work with my camera?? or is my camera too noob lol thx!

It should work, as most canon dslr uses the same efs mounting system. If there is a local camera store and try it to see if you like it. But im pretty sure it'll fit!

I've had Canons for most of my life and decided to try a Nikon this time around...really loving it, they are both great cameras. It all really comes down to preference and menu styles. I'd like to try the Panasonic Lumix G2 now sometime too.

It should work, as most canon dslr uses the same efs mounting system. If there is a local camera store and try it to see if you like it. But im pretty sure it'll fit!

thx!

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

thx!

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Hahaha! Nice solution to the stupid forum not allowing you to make legitimate short posts. Although I could probably get around that.

My guess is it is a faulty mold..

As for the chips on the neck, it is obviously because they did not let the paint dry enough before inserting it into the figure. I know this because when i pulled off one of the helms, I noticed that the neck was stuck to the body and it peeled when u pulled it out :/

I opened mine up today. It's a beautiful figure, indeed. Will take photos later when I have the time.

Sweet!!! did you just recently get it? i bet youre happy and cant wait to get this bad boy up and posing! hahaha!

I've had Canons for most of my life and decided to try a Nikon this time around...really loving it, they are both great cameras. It all really comes down to preference and menu styles. I'd like to try the Panasonic Lumix G2 now sometime too.

Yeah, they are both good brands of camera, but have had canons all my life, and so i wouldnt want to switch now. and plus family have canon lenses, so i can save more by just borrowing their lenses! hahahah!

Sweet!!! did you just recently get it? i bet youre happy and cant wait to get this bad boy up and posing! hahaha!

It arrived on Monday, an opened it earlier last evening. I am very happy with it. It's been a while since I opened up a figure box and was just stunned by the quality. It's really something.

I'm expecting another item to arrive today (a friend of Tony's), will take photos then.

Anyway, regarding my previous post about the light bleed through the helmet, I'm assuming no one else minds or cares about it. Since the parts of this figure are manufactured the same way, this should affect everyone else, but I guess it's just me being nitpicky.

In hand he looks great and has a nice gloss.

Thanks. I'm guessing that the mixed colours was due to lighting. I just want him now. Waiting for Mk IV and Falconer to pop up so I can pay them off and figure out whats next on the list to get.

I want a Star Wars figure, Battle Suit Jill Valentine, HT Raiders Indy, RE Afterlife Alice, Midnight Wesker and maybe HT Ironmonger and MK VI ...

I really wish I had a good paying job. Being out of work so long makes it so hard to be a 26 year old bloke wanting lots of new toys. :lol

It arrived on Monday, an opened it earlier last evening. I am very happy with it. It's been a while since I opened up a figure box and was just stunned by the quality. It's really something.

I'm expecting another item to arrive today (a friend of Tony's), will take photos then.

Anyway, regarding my previous post about the light bleed through the helmet, I'm assuming no one else minds or cares about it. Since the parts of this figure are manufactured the same way, this should affect everyone else, but I guess it's just me being nitpicky.

Nice!! wow another shipment today!!! woohoo! hahahah

as for your light problem, i havent checked, ill try to look at it today and report back.

I'm assuming those who have theirs already received them directly from distributors in China.

The shipments from SideShow are "scheduled" to go out by the end of next week and I wonder if they will be any different than earlier releases with the anomaly on the back of the neck.

Fingers crossed.

Edited to add: I understand not ALL the current Mark IVs have the neck issue, but it seems to be only a certain batch.

I'm assuming those who have theirs already received them directly from distributors in China.

The shipments from SideShow are "scheduled" to go out by the end of next week and I wonder if they will be any different than earlier releases with the anomaly on the back of the neck.

Fingers crossed.

Edited to add: I understand not ALL the current Mark IVs have the neck issue, but it seems to be only a certain batch.

Got mine from Toys2 in Canada before Christmas. Not a single issue.

Thanks. I'm guessing that the mixed colours was due to lighting. I just want him now. Waiting for Mk IV and Falconer to pop up so I can pay them off and figure out whats next on the list to get.

I want a Star Wars figure, Battle Suit Jill Valentine, HT Raiders Indy, RE Afterlife Alice, Midnight Wesker and maybe HT Ironmonger and MK VI ...

I really wish I had a good paying job. Being out of work so long makes it so hard to be a 26 year old bloke wanting lots of new toys. :lol

Yeah i know what you mean. Even though im working im having to do some custom figure commission work and sell some of the custom figures ive done, and sculpt and paint new stuff just to cover getting a new PC :lol

Back