Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys with this figure already...how does your paint job look? The one i have has what looks like purposefully 'worn' areas...where the paint is kind of knicked and scratched. Wish they woulda just left it alone...perfect ferrarri red woulda been nice.

Man that stealth MKII looks great!

So MKIV was to be my 1st Hot Toys figure, PO'd with Loontentoys a couple months ago, but I caved in when War Machine was released and paid a stupid price for it on ebay...

Just wondering if anyone had heard from Loontentoys since the 20th and when he might have stock/be shipping ?
yeah still waiting for mine too. haven't heard anything from him, I just hope it comes in soon.:impatient:

Guys with this figure already...how does your paint job look? The one i have has what looks like purposefully 'worn' areas...where the paint is kind of knicked and scratched. Wish they woulda just left it alone...perfect ferrarri red woulda been nice.

From all the videos and photos i've seen, he is 100% shiny.

So he does have worn spots, interesting.

More like :monkey2

From all the videos and photos i've seen, he is 100% shiny.

So he does have worn spots, interesting.

More like :monkey2

It's not like Hot Toys sprung this on you guys, it was obvious from the very first shots of this figure that it was going to have some very minor nicks as part of the paint job.

IM2_MarkIV_PR11.jpg

It's not even like it's in your face, very tiny marks of silver paint on some edges of the armour, OH NO's! It's hardly even noticeable. Pardon Hot Toys for doing that little extra to make your collectable more realistic. :monkey4

Additionally, it's not Ferrari red, though it may be close to Rosso Corsa in shade, it's normally a flat red ie. non-metallic. Class dismissed.

Last edited:
He can be 100% glossy clean and still be considered realistic.

That's fine if your version of realism is for him not to be 100% clean, then be all means why don't you go and scrape yours up with a jagged rock to fulfill your definition of realism.

While you're at it, next time you're in a car show room you should put nicks and dings on the cars, just tell the salesman that you're making the cars "more realistic" :lol

Since when is something not realistic because it's not scraped up? So the toy can't represent the suit right out of production, like a clean car coming off the assembly line.

What is it then if it's not realistic, a fake?

Thanks but you can keep your "realism", i'll go ahead and purchase the Mark VI to fulfill my needs to own a realistic battle damaged version.

Sorry, but class isn't being dismissed, they decided to remove the teacher instead.

Last edited:

That's fine if your version of realism is for him not to be 100% clean, then be all means why don't you go and scrape yours up with a jagged rock to fulfill your definition of realism.

I'll purchase the Mark VI to fulfill my needs to own a realistic battle damaged version.

Sorry, but class isn't being dismissed, they decided to remove the teacher instead.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/4-PIckHrZ0o?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/4-PIckHrZ0o?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

:lol Grow a thicker skin mate.
Don't exaggerate, I don't think anyone here would deem the small nicks enough to call this battle-damaged like the BD Mk. III.

What is all the rivering about now?, paint damage on the figure or simulated damage effect?, as in the silver paint as a added detail.

I honestly appreciate Hot Toys' attention to detail, so I think the small armor nicks just make it that much more interesting and more a work of art. :) Rock on guys!

Keep the calm boys. Just cause you think you are right does not mean the other is wrong and therefore no need for any take downs. HT has been adding this type of suttle realism to all the Mark suits ever since MIII BD so this will likely continue.
Now back on topic can anyone confirm any flaws to be batch wide as I have not seen significant fallout except for less than a handful of actual complaints of minor paint flaw. Have not been checking FB so maybe there
Is a brawl there already?

Keep the calm boys. Just cause you think you are right does not mean the other is wrong and therefore no need for any tale d
Well technically, having the suit completely free of scuffs would be wrong. it never appeared that way in the film, and always has a few paint scratches around the edges here and there. If anything, Hot Toys was too conservative with the paint scuffs on the Mark IV.

I can actually accept both POV but just the added effects are not significant enough to start something of a verbal fistfight about which just happens all to often and easily here and I just wanted to take it a notch down before it goes any further.

.... It's battle armor. Armor that by the time we saw him in it in the movie, he had used a few times. The simple act of flying in something like that at Mach 2, is going to cause some paint wearing.

But again, IT"S BATTLE ARMOR!

While you're at it, next time you're in a car show room you should put nicks and dings on the cars, just tell the salesman that you're making the cars "more realistic" :lol

Since when is something not realistic because it's not scraped up? So the toy can't represent the suit right out of production, like a clean car coming off the assembly line.

What is it then if it's not realistic, a fake?

Thanks but you can keep your "realism", i'll go ahead and purchase the Mark VI to fulfill my needs to own a realistic battle damaged version.

I agree something doesnt have to be dinged up to be realistic, but in the movie iron man and rhodey were throwing down pretty heavily and this figure is supposed to be from after all of that when hes at randy's, so i cant blame HT for being "movie accurate", and personally the little dings make it look like hes used the suit before,

Back