Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They made... six I think? Ironman figures for the first film and that only had three suits. IM2 has three suits, granted they're also making some of the other characters, but I don't seem them not making all the IM suits.

I agree, but then again I'm all for Tony having as many suits as possible. I'm really hoping by the third film he has several suits already made at the beginning designed for certain tasks. He doesn't even need to use them, just have them in the background shots.

I'm sure if Avengers goes as rumored and Hulk is the "villain" we'll see something like the Hulk Buster armor.

i tend to agree on all acounts! good one!:goodpost:

Still, I will most likely get this for the Stark head sculpt and donuts, which is amusing, but I will be more excited by the Mark V and VI figures.

Are there any pics of the shades and donut w/box yet?

I know the sculpt is not finalised. Hope we get a great sculpt with the hair flicked up nicely, like he was sitting in the donut.

Are there any pics of the shades and donut w/box yet?

I know the sculpt is not finalised. Hope we get a great sculpt with the hair flicked up nicely, like he was sitting in the donut.

:monkey4 I was originally going to use the Tony Stark head that came with the V1 Ironman for the Mark IV. Oh well. :slap :monkey3

For those that have seen the movie...

One thing that disappointed me from a collector's standpoint was that the new suits didn't have anything really new in the way of gadgetry; even if they include everything the Mark VI had, from a features standpoint it'd be no different than the battle-damaged mark III. I don't feel like there's anything to offer that would make me really want to drop $200 on a Mark IV or VI figure.

The donuts and glasses are kinda cool to include, I dug that scene.

He had the laser things in his wrists, that was about the only differance in weaponry we saw.

For those that have seen the movie...

One thing that disappointed me from a collector's standpoint was that the new suits didn't have anything really new in the way of gadgetry; even if they include everything the Mark VI had, from a features standpoint it'd be no different than the battle-damaged mark III. I don't feel like there's anything to offer that would make me really want to drop $200 on a Mark IV or VI figure.

Yup, even in the movie reference the only difference was the chest piece . Starting to think maybe the Mark 5 should of came out first to supplement Whiplash v.1 figure and just made the mark 4/6 a 2in1 DX version like some has said before on here. Mark 5 with Battle Damage Tony S. Head Sculpt and for the 2in1 have the switch out chest plates, Closed Helmet, open Helmet, Tony Head Sculpt with the glasses, donuts and a Captain America Shield and call it a day. :)

Yup, even in the movie reference the only difference was the chest piece . Starting to think maybe the Mark 5 should of came out first to supplement Whiplash v.1 figure and just made the mark 4/6 a 2in1 DX version like some has said before on here. Mark 5 with Battle Damage Tony S. Head Sculpt and for the 2in1 have the switch out chest plates, Closed Helmet, open Helmet, Tony Head Sculpt with the glasses, donuts and a Captain America Shield and call it a day. :)

There might be any new gadgetry between the Mk III & Mk IV/VI, but aesthetically, it's different enough for me to warrant a purchase. I prefer Mk IV & VI be kept seperately anyway so when I display all 6 Mk's side by side, it'll be cheaper for me in the long run since a 2in1 Mk IV/VI would probably end up being more costly.

Just curious, which armor is this to be exact (in the picture below). Is it the Mark IV?

*Possible Spoiler * Not sure if this counts as spoiler as its talked about so much. Plus I haven't watched the film myself.

6a00d8341c630a53ef01347fc4653d970c-pi

Yeah for me Mark IV is my favorite armor. I definitely agree with it being the most iconic/classic and stuff like that.

In regards to some other posts, the thing I really like about most superhero movies is how they mainly try to live in a somewhat realistic universe. So I actually really wouldn't like to see Tony have like a stash of armors meant for specific purposes. There's no need for a water armor or anything, leave that to other mediums, because it starts getting over the top.

Also, I'd rather see Tony figure out a way to defeat the Hulk as is then use Hulkbuster in the movie, partially for the same reasons as above, but also because then it almost doesn't feel like Iron Man to me. Sorry to continue kind of off-topic discussions.

Yup, Mk IV, The armor this thread is about:peace

Ok thanks... cool that makes sense now. I was wondering what the donut was all about (going to see IM2 hopefully this Friday). A random encounter of pictures of the Mark III BD version got me to this forum and made me spend ...lets say...too much money in the 2 weeks I've been aware of this site :thud:

can't wait though!!

Ok thanks... cool that makes sense now. I was wondering what the donut was all about (going to see IM2 hopefully this Friday). A random encounter of pictures of the Mark III BD version got me to this forum and made me spend ...lets say...too much money in the 2 weeks I've been aware of this site :thud:

can't wait though!!

Welcome:hi5: And don't worry about it, that's pretty much how alot of us got here as well:lol

Thanks! Whats crazy is I have called myself a figure collector for quite awhile, but I actually never paid attention to the 1:6 figures. I was totally blown away from what I saw, especially in these HT figures. Scary.:horror

Welcome:hi5: And don't worry about it, that's pretty much how alot of us got here as well:lol

Welcome Vareika!! :wave

Thanks! Whats crazy is I have called myself a figure collector for quite awhile, but I actually never paid attention to the 1:6 figures. I was totally blown away from what I saw, especially in these HT figures. Scary.:horror

Once you have bought one HT fig there is no going back! They should print warnings and disclaimers on their boxes for the high addiction-risk! :lol :lol :lol

This may be late. But some are saying it looks to skinny. I totally agree. A little bulkier. If uve seen the movie. The part where he's drunk....that's all I'll say, don't want to spoil anything.....u can really tell how big this armor fits on Tony. Made me love the armor even more.

i now it's kind of big and bulky in the movie, but i much prefer the skinnier, streamlined version of the toy. makes it look much more sleek.

i now it's kind of big and bulky in the movie, but i much prefer the skinnier, streamlined version of the toy. makes it look much more sleek.

that's what's holding the fig from greatness imo. while sleek isn't always a bad thing, but this fig is supposed to represent a suit that an actor wore in the movie.

he's supposed to be bulky. i mean, if you placed this fig next to say...DX bats, won't something look off? i know, you can argue with that they're not even in the same movie together, but like i said, it's supposed to be a 1/6th representation of a character from a movie.

i'll still get it, but i really hope they bring back the bulkiness for the MKVI.

Back