Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw hell im gonna go back on my word and get one of these ..im just afraid they might release the VI as battle damaged ..and with me already having the BDM3 it would be annoying not having a clean representation of the suit.

Knowing Hot Toys they will definitely release a "pristine" version. They are gonna milk this license to the last drop. I wouldn't worry about Hot Toys only releasing a BD version.

Every Hot Toys release is listed as "limited" on their website. Don't worry, Iron Man is such a big release it wouldn't make sense to make this limited.

:lecture:lecture:lecture ..every one of there figs is limited as theres only ever 1000 made of each.:)

I am pretty sure HT estimates the potential demand and makes numbers to match. They are limited to a planned run or may even extend (e.g. DX01). To them the more they can sell the better. They draw no benefit when short selling the market and then wait for the value to go up (if they did and buyers found out they would be lyching TH&HT) but they do want to avoid overflooding the market so it's a numbers game. As long as you don't hesitate too long you shoudl be fine.

I imagine maybe Hot Toys plans to do a limited run for Mark 4 and than mass produce the Mark 6 since it is basically the same mold

after watching the movie, i don't think that there will be a BD mark IV, not unless you count the scene with Rhodey. I think what HT has done with the current prototype of the Mark IV is good, with the armor being a little weathered.

This is going to be my 1st Ironman figure, have I made the right decision in picking the MkIV? I can't really tell the difference though I do prefer the circular chest to the triangle of the MkVI

This is going to be my 1st Ironman figure, have I made the right decision in picking the MkIV? I can't really tell the difference though I do prefer the circular chest to the triangle of the MkVI

This will be my first as well and I love this version! I've seen the Mark 3 BD in a store and love the wrist missile, etc, so it's hard to decide b/w the Mark 3 and Mark 4!

get the mk3 BD!!! you wont' be disappointed at all!!

the mk3 is actually prety clean looking w/ the clean chest piece and head! just for your info :p

yep mk4 is pretty sweet looking especially after seeing it in action. i doubt i resist getting that as well but so far i'm pretty satisfy w/ the mk3 BD. the design on the mk3 is always the best one for me! (kinda like a mini f-22 mixed w/ a lambo)

Both Wolverine and Blade were 'Limited Edition' and now they are almost impossible to find :monkey3

If you want to get technical then yes it is "limited" to a certain production run. But it isn't like there is only 1000 made. It certainly isn't going to have a very low production run like the SDCC exclusive Mark III. Heck there are a lot of Hot Toys you can't find right now but that doesn't mean they really are "limited editions" with super low edition sizes.

I imagine maybe Hot Toys plans to do a limited run for Mark 4 and than mass produce the Mark 6 since it is basically the same mold

In Asia at least, Hot Toys sets a cutoff date for pre-orders and the edition size is determined by the demand. Sellers often order more units than actual pre-orders taken for figures that are sure sellers. Hot Toys doesn't set out to make a limited run of a set edition size so technically they are not really that limited. If there is more demand for the Mark IV than the VI then the edition size for the IV will be higher than the VI.

to all the people deciding on whether to get the MKIII/BD as opposed to the MKIV, you can always get them both, if the circumstances are right. However, I shouldn't be saying this, as I am still having an internal debate on getting the MKIV, waiting for the MKVI, or the MKVI/BD

Back