Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah if you look at the CGI Ironman scenes from the first film the HT mkIII's waist ain't so skinny. It's more that the shoulders are way too wide than anything.

He looks really thin at the waist here:
https://www.leavemethewhite.com/caps/displayimage.php?album=248&pos=1548

I think though that the mkIV/VI is thicker even as a CGI model in the second film the the III was in the first. All the same I love the figure. Is it perfect? No but what is?

just saw this on OSW

picture.php

credit Sevreed. Id say this is almost exactly what we will be getting form HT

One big stumbling block HT might run into later on is the size disparity between the bulkier Mark IV and VI armor compared to the Mark V (the suitcase armor). The Hot Toys Mark IV is a bit too slim, but not overly so. However, it's closer in size to the Mark V as seen in the film.

It's fairly obvious that the suitcase armor is a slimmer fit and is overall thinner in form factor.

What happens when HT makes their Mark V figure? The Mark IV figure looks about the size the suitcase armor looks (judging from internal proportions from the trailer) in the shown footage so far. Will HT's Mark V figure be the same size as their Mark IV and VI? Or will it be smaller? I can't imagine the latter because he'd be too small compared to other 1/6 figures.

I fear this 2.

I fear this 2.

I really dont think the waist would make that much of a difference. The only changes from mark 4 to mark 5 would be the fact that the figure would be shorter, minus the shoulder pads and the calves, but overall the waist would remain the same since in the movie I think the flaps around the waist are pretty much the same style.

And I am sure Mark 6 would have pretty much the same build as Mark 4.

I would agree with that. The main differences would be smaller shoulders on the mkV.

I didn't realize this has the articulated fingers also. They didn't even bother taking a picture, its just standard now :rolleyes:

They did, wookster just forgot to post the pic. Here, from ToyWorld:

20100416_e95d91c5d49697b0c016mLeBy5kTi6DQ.jpg

They definitely won't use the Mech test sculpt cause that would totally defeat the figure. The sculpt is the entire selling point of the mech test version.

Yes and No. I think people are assuming a regular head sculpt is coming because of the accessories (in that donut scene Tony Stark has no helmet) and imo that might not be the case. The new head sculpt could end up being the standard Iron Man head with raised visor look the previous figures had.

HT has done this before (mixing and matching accessories) by packing in the Machine Gun (used by The Joker only in his iconic outfit) with the Bank Robber version. If so, then to duplicate that scene in IM2 with HT's figures you'll need to have this figure PLUS the Mech Test version Tony Stark head sculpt i.e. a double purchase.

hey guys just noticed this

i thought it looked odd for some reason! its photo shopped!
man i hope they make it look good, but im not expecting this good anymore..

The only pics photoshopped are these:

IM2_MarkIV_PR11.jpg

IM2_MarkIV_PR13.jpg

That's why they're labeled "Design Effects Only".

They really need to make that alternate base available separately. I think many of us would love to have a few more to put our Mark I-IIIs on, to make an armory setup.

I wonder who's arrives with some broken fingers. Knowing how wonderful Hot Toys quality control is these days.

The more I look at I love the little bit of paint scratches on this suit. The Mark III was brand new in the movies and used only in Gulmira and the final battle. This armor, in the movie, has been in use for about 6 months, so it's a nice little detail.

They did, wookster just forgot to post the pic. Here, from ToyWorld:

20100416_e95d91c5d49697b0c016mLeBy5kTi6DQ.jpg

Yes and No. I think people are assuming a regular head sculpt is coming because of the accessories (in that donut scene Tony Stark has no helmet) and imo that might not be the case. The new head sculpt could end up being the standard Iron Man head with raised visor look the previous figures had.

HT has done this before (mixing and matching accessories) by packing in the Machine Gun (used by The Joker only in his iconic outfit) with the Bank Robber version. If so, then to duplicate that scene in IM2 with HT's figures you'll need to have this figure PLUS the Mech Test version Tony Stark head sculpt i.e. a double purchase.

The only pics photoshopped are these:

IM2_MarkIV_PR11.jpg

IM2_MarkIV_PR13.jpg

That's why they're labeled "Design Effects Only".

uhh yeah i know, thats why i showed a picture of what i was talking about...:rolleyes:

Mike, are you ordering the entire line?

That's the plan. I might sell off my TDK stuff if the line gets extensive. I'm definitely in for 2 Mark IVs. That LED stand screams an eventual Tony's Lab set up even if its peacemealed and since the figures from the first film would go with it, I'm assuming if they do it they'll put out the parts and pieces. I also want to get him with Stark head holding the box of donuts, that is such a cool scene that I have to have it.

All these knitpicks are hilarious though. Too skinny, next it'll be too short or too tall, then it'll be too red or too maroon.

uhh.. you might wanna go back and look at your post Mr. Pic Fail. :rolleyes:

my pic is there... its got 2 green circles around the arm missiles and one around the Design logo..

am i the only one who sees it? pg 16?

and no need for that, i see my pic there and ive been on 3 different computers today...

my pic is there... its got 2 green circles around the arm missiles and one around the Design logo..

am i the only one who sees it? pg 16?

Here, I'll even quote it:

hey guys just noticed this

picture.php

i thought it looked odd for some reason! its photo shopped!
man i hope they make it look good, but im not expecting this good anymore..

Not showing up. Like I said. :lol

Mr. Pic Fail.

Those 3 computers must be magical with Harry Potter Intel processors. :lol

its showing up when you guys are quoting it? i guess i did something wrong.. anyways back on topic, we are talking about the same thing, i just hope these photoshops are true to what will actually be there when its release. God im so stoked

Back