Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My very first HT figure!!
I have to say im very impressed, good job HT

I noticed that the repulsors are brighter with the rubber hands.
IM_Dbl2.jpg

Ground strike pose:
IM_Pch2.jpg

I can't make the flight stance look great, but still awesome as it is
IM_Fly.jpg

I kinda prefer the HT stand over the light up, but the lights are pretty cool
IM_Hov.jpg

Rubber hands over articulated for me
IM_Act.jpg

The RDJ head is a dead ringer for me, definitely one of the highlights of this set
IM_Chr.jpg

Im soo happy i finally decided to get the Mark IV
Sooo worth it :clap

Great posing! And congrats on your first Hot Toys! :hi5: :duff

I'm guessing the rubber hands are brighter because the plastic hands leak light.

I notice your shoulders in the flight pose, I find the shoulder line looks better when the shoulders are dropped down. More like the Mark VI here than the Mark IV.

Mark IV VI by dangercorpse, on Flickr

^^^This is the pose I will most likely end up with. He looks so badass.

The gold biceps and the silver elbows on that Mark VI pic I posted.

Ah yes. Definitly an improvment. And it reminds my why I don't like the Mark VI as mush as the Mark IV.

IM2_Mk6_2.jpg

If it actually looked like your photoshop, I'd be tempted to get it, but as it is, the guy on the left looks way better to me right out of the box.

I finally scored me an Ironman MK IV, pretty happy about it, but now I’m kind of torn. Do I do what it looks like others are doing and keep the Robert Jr. head, neck, neck armor, doughnut box, doughnut, glasses, flexible finger hands and the light up base? Then put the remainder of the set (basically a complete Ironman) on EBay as a partial set, then bid and try to win a MK VI . I would really have in my opinion the ultimate custom Ironman, I can have him fully helmeted, face plate up or down, and helmet completely off.

I’d have three different bases to change around and pose him on, and an extra pair of flexible finger hands to put on my original MK III Ironman that I plan on keeping. I’d have the Battle Damage parts; he’d go with War Machine better (in my opinion) and he’d have the shoulder missiles that I think the MK IV doesn’t have.

Or should I just continue to be happy with just the MK IV and forget about getting a MK VI (can’t really afford to have both) and hope that in the Avengers Movie Ironman goes back to the round Arc Reactor so that my Ironman doesn’t look outdated again?

I know partial Ironmans are selling on EBay and that could help pay for the MK IV, but I really don’t know now. Which Ironman is the most posable and has the most features? Would it be worth it to you to have all that?

Or should I just continue to be happy with just the MK IV and forget about getting a MK VI (can’t really afford to have both) and hope that in the Avengers Movie Ironman goes back to the round Arc Reactor so that my Ironman doesn’t look outdated again?
?

hi man
I personally prefer the MARKIV. the triangular reactor do not like.
and golden thighs I also dislike

I think that you say ... it's a good reason not to buy MARKVI

+1 to tayler

I also have the Mark IV and I'm 100% happy with it!!

BTW, at this time, you could wait a little bit more for the new Marks incoming (The Avenger, Iron Man 3). I don't know, take it easy and don't go through the hype!

If you are just getting an Iron Man, I'd say the MK IV or VI are by far the best to go with that are currently out. Just grab which one you like better.

For me though, if I was just getting one it would be the possible new Mark III. That will always be the movie Iron Man for me and the new Mark II looks great. I'm buying all of them though :D

I reeeaaallllyyyy need to get me one of these. The Downey Jr. head is freaking perfect.

I bought the Mark VI instead..but I may have chosen...poorly.

Back