Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The shoulder plates next to the neck also need to be higher, but again, who's going to make those?

How'd you do the mod? I wouldn't mind trying it. The waist probably also doesn't seem quiet as thin as it did because it's been stretched out a bit, even without the padding.

better picture

ironmanmark3.jpg

yeah, told you. This is a major deconstruction mod. I tore the whole figure apart. I did a little more grinding on the inside of the chest plate to get the should plates to fit under. I think it looks a little better. I like it anyway.

IMG_20110326_192913.jpg

yeah, told you. This is a major deconstruction mod. I tore the whole figure apart. I did a little more grinding on the inside of the chest plate to get the should plates to fit under. I think it looks a little better. I like it anyway.

IMG_20110326_192913.jpg

Great job Robbie. Once you add color back into the abdomen it will look so much better. :clap:clap:clap

Great work Robbie.
That 'grinding' did the trick. I definitely wouldn't recommend that to anyone unless they had the correct tools.

As far as color, the Mk.III BD thread had a post indicating a color that was used from a specific line. Can't recall at the moment, but I do recall the guy saying he simply smeared it on with his thumbs and his pics showed no discrepancy in the color when he was finished. As a matter of fact, he had to go back and add the silver scratches because the abs looked too clean. :D

Man, Robbie is the abdomen on yours really that dull and desaturated to the eye? I was just looking at your pics again and it almost looks like all the paint has been stripped off the rubber or something.

Also I've never been a fan of the BD Mark III for a couple of reasons. For one the color is way off on it. I could deal with that though if they had fixed the abdomen. The BD Mark III has a wider chest than the regular which makes the shoulders look better but exacerbates the problem with the abdomen. Now that I now how to fix that though… I must admit trying to track down a BD Mark III is tempting.

dedguy I posted the new version on the mark 3 thread instead of taking up this one. If you want to see the new version check out that thread.

The movie opened with the Mk.IV jumping out of a jet;
We got to see the Mk.IV being peeled away from Tony;
The Mk.IV fought the War Machine;
We got to see Tony piss in it.

That was plenty of fun for me. :D :peace

Well put!
MK IV is the definitive suit in IM 2. MK VI appears at the end for that pittifully brief fight...although it was ok while it lasted!
I'm still going to get Mk VI, but with that headsculpt and glasses IV is ALOT more of a better combo- not to mention the design!

Well put!
MK IV is the definitive suit in IM 2. MK VI appears at the end for that pittifully brief fight...although it was ok while it lasted!
I'm still going to get Mk VI, but with that headsculpt and glasses IV is ALOT more of a better combo- not to mention the design!

How is the MK IV the definitive suit when the inferior MK II make it look pitiful! The MK VI actually kicked some butt. Yes the fight was short but in the end it proved superior to the drones and war machine.

How is the MK IV the definitive suit when the inferior MK II make it look pitiful! The MK VI actually kicked some butt. Yes the fight was short but in the end it proved superior to the drones and war machine.

Tony was hammered...! tipsy, plastered...

Yeah Ok, Being the creator of both suits Tony should of had the upper hand no matter what.

Back