Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It makes spending all that money on them at least somewhat palatable to know they will be worth more than what you bought them for!

Qbomb is right Jim, you've got some sort of Midas touch going on there! It's crazy what can happen to a figure's value in just a few short months. Seems like any decent figure will double, triple or more in value within a year.

Believe me, it was not a calculated choice! Ask me about the Wolverine I passed on!:gah:

Believe me, it was not a calculated choice! Ask me about the Wolverine I passed on!:gah:

:lol No matter how much we love the figures we have, there is always the 'one that got away' - but every time I am digging on my MkIV I am glad he is one I managed to reel in.

Thanks! Times are tough, but luckily my wife and I can still make ends meet. I just had to cut these kinds of "fun" expenses. But I knew I had to have this one, since it would probably be the last "classic" red and gold Iron Man with the round reactor. I was lucky to get the Mk I last March through GoHastings when they had their 20% off coupon and it was the best thing I've bought! So now I'm happy with my Mk I, II and IV!

IMG_6486.JPG

IMG_6480.JPG
Nice pics!
Also like the antique gear you've got going on in the background.

Got on the wait list on SS. Im hoping it converts by the end of the month. It's actually cheaper from them with shipping and everything but if it doesn't, I'll just buy on the first of next month.

You can try a local watch/jewelry store.
You can also try amazon/ebay. Search for LR621 or AG1.
Good luck.

Thanks... yeah, i can see you can get them online fairly cheap... but man, i am impatient and it already seemed like years before the Mark IV arrived. haha

M.

finally got mine on order should be here in a few day depending on stock, god forbid i miss out on this cause i have waited to long to order him.

Got my Mark IV last night!!! This thing is sick!
I was so hesitant getting this cause I thought I would be fine with mark 3 but I'm so glad I pulled the trigger.

My biggest surprise getting this is that indeed, this makes mark 3 look like Medicom.

I know, I know, I need to change the mark 3 base. I took that down soon as I saw how cool this is :)

Enjoy
2vxkigx.jpg

vzyio8.jpg

25s8wm9.jpg

Last edited:
That's a really awesome shot. Recently, I've been feeling regret over having to pass on this figure. I shouldn't be viewing this thread...

Tanks. Thats what happened to me with the medicom Boba Fett.

You're right, this place is dangerous if you're on a budget!

Speaking of which, Jim, you really make me wont to go back and pick up a Mk I and II. That II looks amazing.

^^^Several have posted pics of that pose. Most take of the shorts to get the pose right, such as this guy:

But I have seen one somewhere in this thread where he was still wearing the shorts, and it was well done.

Here's the one that left the shorts on:

You can see that he wasn't able to get the legs into quite as extreme a pose with the shorts on.

Thanks! Well, gonna try again!

Congrats on your purchase.

This figure really is better in-hand versus seeing it in pictures.

This is my favorite of the pictures you posted. There's some serious babylons in this one: :naughty

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl, you know what's funny, out of all my figures, She's the one that most people ask about.

Thanks by the way.
Yeah, up until yesterday, I had a nagging feeling that I shouldnt have bought it. I was feeling bad cause I bought this on impulse. For a long time, I was content with my mark 3. But when ups arrived last night and after I opened the box, the difference is night and day. It truly does make the mark 3 look cheap next to it. This figure is truly outstanding. I love how its sooo shiny and the color pops out.
I'm sooooo glad I bought it now. Cant wait to have Thor and Cap standing next to it :)

I originally had one of these on preorder with BBTS, but had to cancel due to the holidays and short on funds. I got on the waitlist last week @ sideshow and it shipped out yesterday.:yess: I'm pretty excited about this. I can't wait to finally have him.:clap

Back