Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's not entirely true. While the price is going up, they're still available at a bunch of online retailers...

https://www.toywiz.com/hottoysironman2iv.html

https://www.toynk.com/product/HTT-900895-C/Iron-Man-2-Mark-IV-12-Figure-By-Hot-Toys.html?meta=GBASE&metacpg=HTT-900895-C&utm_source=gbase&utm_medium=CPC&utm_content=&utm_campaign=HTT-900895-C

https://www.cmdstore.com/iron-man-2-doll-figure-marvel-collectible-iron-man-mark-iv-hot-toys.html?cmp=gglebase

https://www.toysonfire.com/iron-man-2-doll-figure-marvel-collectible-iron-man-mark-iv-hot-toys.html?cmp=googlebase

There are some others too that you can find with a quick google shopping search. Don't know why everyone is saying that he's totally sold out. Just more expensive.:peace

By the way, I highly recommend Toynk Toys. They're a little pricey, but I've gotten great service from them in the past.

Sold out at "retail prices". I was saying the best place to get him for a "good" price is ebay........ The prices at these places are stupid. Have them list the Mark IV for $179.99 and see how long they are not sold out.:slap

are the lights on the hands dimmer then the chest?

Yes, very much so... why do you ask?

It seems that when they are off for a while they are bright when i turn them back on then they start to dim again... seems like bad batts to me.

What do you guys know??? haha

M.

Have to disagree. Although I need to take new shots.

The good stuff is out there.

021-1.jpg

So, what figure body did you use?

The figure looks great.

Yes, very much so... why do you ask?

It seems that when they are off for a while they are bright when i turn them back on then they start to dim again... seems like bad batts to me.

What do you guys know??? haha

M.
You need new batteries.
Three 'AG1' for the arms.

My TS... Which had a small air bubble in the mold apparently in the left ear. :gah:

Anywho - Test Mech Body with Perseus arms. Wolverine shirt and tank with Clark Kent pants.

Also the head is setting high on the neck ball joint.

IMG_4830.jpg

IMG_4829.jpg

Sold out at "retail prices". I was saying the best place to get him for a "good" price is ebay........ The prices at these places are stupid. Have them list the Mark IV for $179.99 and see how long they are not sold out.:slap

I hear what you're saying, mate. Yeah the prices are quickly becoming exorbitant. I was simply pointing out that there's a difference between being "sold out everywhere", and a handful of retailers who have him "in stock" but for a fair bit more than msrp.

Either way, he can still be had, via retailer or evilbay. Nonetheless, you're definitely right that he went fast at just $179. I lucked out, along with most on these boards, and preordered him for a few dollars less than that. Man, these iron man figs do seem to move faster than other HT figs on the shelves.

:peace

I hear what you're saying, mate. Yeah the prices are quickly becoming exorbitant. I was simply pointing out that there's a difference between being "sold out everywhere", and a handful of retailers who have him "in stock" but for a fair bit more than msrp.

Either way, he can still be had, via retailer or evilbay. Nonetheless, you're definitely right that he went fast at just $179. I lucked out, along with most on these boards, and preordered him for a few dollars less than that. Man, these iron man figs do seem to move faster than other HT figs on the shelves.

Well aside from the Mark III, i think the IV is the closest to the Iconic Red and Gold that we'll see. Not sure if the V and VI will sell out so quickly and so closely released to each other. IV is a piece of art

Wasn't this always going to be the case? From the first proto pics, this figure was always going to be the bomb. And people had to know that this was going to be a winner because it's basically an upgrade from the Mark III - HT weren't starting from scratch with the IM armoured figures. I'm going to embarrass myself here and say that I still haven't seen IM2 - but got MkIV and WM because regardless of the characters they're based on, they are awesome figures in their own right.

I'd be interested to know how folks who maintain enough of an interest in figures to belong to a forum like this could have passed on this at the preorder or initial release stage. Money constraints I can understand, but others? Was it just a case of people only appreciating how kickass MkIV was once it was on the market for 3 months?

...having said that, I passed on MkI. Forget I even asked the question :slap

Wasn't this always going to be the case? From the first proto pics, this figure was always going to be the bomb. And people had to know that this was going to be a winner because it's basically an upgrade from the Mark III - HT weren't starting from scratch with the IM armoured figures. I'm going to embarrass myself here and say that I still haven't seen IM2 - but got MkIV and WM because regardless of the characters they're based on, they are awesome figures in their own right.

I'd be interested to know how folks who maintain enough of an interest in figures to belong to a forum like this could have passed on this at the preorder or initial release stage. Money constraints I can understand, but others? Was it just a case of people only appreciating how kickass MkIV was once it was on the market for 3 months?

...having said that, I passed on MkI. Forget I even asked the question :slap

I've cut down my figure spending to almost nothing, but scraped every cent I could find to get this puppy. I literally saved all my change, rolled them, and deposited them in the bank to fund the Iron Man Mk IV. I got about $65 in change, had done a talk at a college and got $75 for it (which I considered "extra" $ since it's something completely out of the norm for me) and made up the $20 difference. I wasn't going to let this one pass me by!

I've cut down my figure spending to almost nothing, but scraped every cent I could find to get this puppy. I literally saved all my change, rolled them, and deposited them in the bank to fund the Iron Man Mk IV. I got about $65 in change, had done a talk at a college and got $75 for it (which I considered "extra" $ since it's something completely out of the norm for me) and made up the $20 difference. I wasn't going to let this one pass me by!

Good work Jim, that's a great collector story. Congrats on picking this guy up :yess:

Good work Jim, that's a great collector story. Congrats on picking this guy up :yess:

Thanks! Times are tough, but luckily my wife and I can still make ends meet. I just had to cut these kinds of "fun" expenses. But I knew I had to have this one, since it would probably be the last "classic" red and gold Iron Man with the round reactor. I was lucky to get the Mk I last March through GoHastings when they had their 20% off coupon and it was the best thing I've bought! So now I'm happy with my Mk I, II and IV!

IMG_6486.JPG

IMG_6480.JPG

Thanks! Times are tough, but luckily my wife and I can still make ends meet. I just had to cut these kinds of "fun" expenses. But I knew I had to have this one, since it would probably be the last "classic" red and gold Iron Man with the round reactor. I was lucky to get the Mk I last March through GoHastings when they had their 20% off coupon and it was the best thing I've bought! So now I'm happy with my Mk I, II and IV!

IMG_6486.JPG

IMG_6480.JPG

Looks to me like you have the midas touch also when it comes to recognizing the true "must haves". You are sitting on a small fortune now with your IM collection. Nice work. I am so jealous.

Well, they're "must-haves" for me! I'm really surprised the prices went up for the Marks I and II as much as they have. I remember they stuck around on the virtual shelves for a while when they were first released, which is why I was able to get a deal with the Mark I last year.

Well, they're "must-haves" for me! I'm really surprised the prices went up for the Marks I and II as much as they have. I remember they stuck around on the virtual shelves for a while when they were first released, which is why I was able to get a deal with the Mark I last year.

Qbomb is right Jim, you've got some sort of Midas touch going on there! It's crazy what can happen to a figure's value in just a few short months. Seems like any decent figure will double, triple or more in value within a year.

Back