Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I just got my Mark IV in, and one of his back wing flaps doesn't close down all the way. It appears to be the metal grating that holds it up, and I can't get it to stay flush against the plastic panel like the other one is, any ideas?

Thanks
I made a post a few hundred pages back I think but I'm not going to find it :lol

I'll try to repeat it here...

The metal spoiler, under the flap, already has a very gentle bend/curve to fit the contour of the figure's back. What you need to do is bend it a little more.

Basically, as you are closing the flap look to see which part of the metal spoiler is hitting the back of the figure. More than likely, it is somewhere near the hinge.
Now, remove the flap assembly (the flap and the attached metal spoiler) from the figure. Bend the metal spoiler very carefully at the part coming into contact with the back of the figure so that it is curving a bit more.

To help create this curve use a large diameter pen or some cylindrical object to help re-shape the top portion of the metal spoiler, the part that is coming into contact with the figure's back. Roll the metal spoiler around the surface of the pen/cylinder slowly. Try to leave the bottom half of the metal spoiler untouched.

Place the flap assembly back onto the figure and the flap should now sit closer to the figures back or may even sit flush.

I'm new to Hot Toys, and only own a few, but I think the RDJ headsculpt on the Mark IV is the best one, even better then the flight test version. Just my opinion though.

So do I.
100_4777-1.jpg

I bought the Mark IV not too long ago and I'll admit I'm really not an Iron Man fan. I bought Marvel Comics when I was a kid and I never once got an Iron Man comic, but after getting this figure I'm looking to get more figures and finally check out the movies.

This being my first Hot Toys Iron Man, I'm really impressed. Took some pics on a trip a few below, more can be found here.

5455531876_4d03a1bd82.jpg

5454920027_cb9bbd052e.jpg

5454920065_fea51e1bd9.jpg

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="500" height="311" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ATOrq_BZe5M?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Otaku Surf.
Good to see you in this thread.
Loved your pics of the Berserker and your video of the Mark IV I like even better.
Well done! :hi5:

Much appreciated guys! I was just going to stick with Hot Toys Predator figures but I'm starting to get into the Marvel line too.

Back