Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
..and before your comic guy let you inspect the dx batman , would he let you do that again with the IV?

most likely not the way i did with the dx cos they werent really sealed sealed, but these iron man figures are sealed with a sticker, so I wont be able to break that seal to inspect.

See that is what I was talking about, that would kind of bother me to see that, I can see if its a tiny bump but that is pretty noticeable and should be on a QC line. HOpefully HOT TOYS sees this!

Cannot wait for this to ship from SS now that its close. Gonna get it in and take pics/review right away. :)

The Mark 3 bd ..has a tiny waist,his legs are to thin, a long neck, huge ball joints at the top of his legs,large gaps beetween the arms and the torso , his flip up faceplate head is somehow thinner then the light up head ..and the flaps on his back are also not flush with his back.

...and he is disappointed with the IV?:slap

3 minutes in I had to kill the video. I have no tolerance for that. I had to play some music to get his depressing sound out of my head. This isn't slagging or bashing. It's a fact of truth. It's a complete and utter bore. It sounds like a guy who has no zest for life. He sounds like a miserable depressing guy. He really does.

For a guy who bought nearly all of the Hot Toys figures and is so disappointed with them, why does he keep on buying them. Sell them and be done with it. The hobby appears it just isn't for him.

I'm not being sarcastic here, but I am glad some of you want to overpay on ebay to get the first release and address the flaws and QC to the rest of us. Same happened with DX02 and I think will keep happening for awhile. That's why I wait for the U.S release and hopeful that Hot Toys fixes the problems.
How come the people that got this in the beginning of December didn't notice the chipped paint and flaw on the back?

I'm not being sarcastic here, but I am glad some of you want to overpay on ebay to get the first release and address the flaws and QC to the rest of us. Same happened with DX02 and I think will keep happening for awhile. That's why I wait for the U.S release and hopeful that Hot Toys fixes the problems.
How come the people that got this in the beginning of December didn't notice the chipped paint and flaw on the back?

I really hope sideshow will be able to catch these flaws before sending the figures out :pray:

They don't open and inspect these. So stuff like on the back of the neck either is caught by HT or not at all.

You see, it's things like this that get me POd bout hot toys. That's why I wait out the temptation. Things like that just happen too often

Tony Stark !
HT TTM15 body, VCustom Men's suit, Mark 4 Tony's Head (neck has been mod longer)

166601_1513052033482_1449851139_31086987_3338065_n.jpg

167608_1513052353490_1449851139_31086989_269344_n.jpg

164849_1513052953505_1449851139_31086992_7601759_n.jpg

163765_1513053073508_1449851139_31086993_4849255_n.jpg

167526_1513053193511_1449851139_31086994_7137909_n.jpg

167766_1513053793526_1449851139_31086998_2103999_n.jpg

Thanks for watching :)

I'm not too bothered about the neck defect, i mean nothing is perfect, fingers crossed mines fine but if it's not I have the option to get another one for free, but I will judge it when I get it.

This outfit looks great and fitting well!! I wish I could get hold on this but then I really gotto stop buying outfits for my dolls that cost more than what I wear :(

Oh hell.
Just when I was getting ready to pull the trigger on pre-ordering the Mk.IV...

...the paint chipping or scratching I could probably live with, but that ding on the back is unacceptable for this price range.

I hope this issue is addressed quickly.

I just want to say thank God for you, my fellow collectors, I mean I was going to pull the trigger on Mark 4 as well and who knows if I would have a defect or not, but now I'm gonna wait til its solved. Where do you recomend I buy it from though, obviously not ebay (when/if a new batch is released)

You said it.
I'm a new member here and I joined because these forums seem to be a great resource for collectors. Glad I found it.

As for recommending a place to buy...sorry, can't help you there.
I can tell you only what I will do at this point. I've decided to wait until these start coming in (which is suppose to be in two weeks) and see what the first wave of Mk. IV's look like. If that means paying $10-$20 more, so be it. It would nearly cost that much anyway just to return shipment if you had to deal with a defect -- if it's even possible to return at all.

No big deal, really. I'm in no hurry.

Back