Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little off-topic but related to my situation regarding this figure--does anyone know if you can ask SSC to delay shipping you an item if, during the time it's expected to arrive, you will be out of town?

yeah one of the worst reviews ive ever tried to watch, put some enthusiasm in your voice for gods sake.plus im so tired of people losing their heads over the most minor paint app mishaps, its IMPOSSIBLE to have every figure that comes out of a factory be absolutly perfect. every single toy i have i can find something tiny wrong with it, him pointing to the little knick on the back of the neck? give me a break. i understand these are expensive, but those little mishaps are just things you have to expect from a figure that is coming out of a factory, if you want a perfect figure you have to make it by hand. thats all i got. im ready for everyone to go ape on me now because of how expensive these figures are and how they should be perfect,,, annnnd go.

What are you talking about???? It can be done!!!! Let's bring on the $400 HT figures! We will so do it as long as every single one of them is absolutely perfect.....
(I will hide behind the factory where they throw out 50% off the products that do not pass QC and grab them for free)

That's the same cockknocker who used to post here until a bunch of guys here and in the DC Forum blasted him for being a newb..:lol
He left here saying this was the worst forum and that he'd never be back...

Wow I have never heard you talk even remotely like this :lol
This forum is getting to you too :rotfl

I am inclined to agree, for $200 a figure we ARE paying for perfection. If I want a poor quality figure with a sloppy paint job and half-likeness to the character sorry but Ill just buy some Hasbro toys for $10.

I do know what your point is but there are some cases where price of something is just too high not to warrant damn close to perfection.

Not true, "perfection" in something like that can only really be hand if each one is individually hand made by one person (as BISHART also noted), which even still I know you'd have complainers. We do already have figures like that on the market and they're not $200 or even $400. They're usually much more and they don't have the same level of complexity as something like this.

That said, there's nothing wrong with pointing out errors or mistakes.

Not true, "perfection" in something like that can only really be hand if each one is individually hand made by one person (as BISHART also noted), which even still I know you'd have complainers. We do already have figures like that on the market and they're not $200 or even $400. They're usually much more and they don't have the same level of complexity as something like this.

That said, there's nothing wrong with pointing out errors or mistakes.

Dedguy-

You're absolutely right, but I do understand peoples' complaints. I'm hoping that the 2nd batch might have addressed the "defects/imperfections". Either way, when looking at the big picture it really IS hard to complain about the overall figure. This level of detail, coupled with the poseability, is truly rare. Maybe at times we forget how truly lucky we all are.

Guys obviously nothing is 100% perfect but I do expect for a $200 figure it should be damn good. Its easy to tell someone to stop complaining but what if your next figure has a noticeable flaw, more than expected, it would bug me I know.

I do think these are amazing looking and Im sure the quality is exceptional but yeah that would suck having paid that much and paint flakes off or there is a parting seem sticking out.

The problem with his review is that he got so worked up over the little defects he did not once talk about the figure itself as in it's design and proportions ..i mean, that's why the figure is so great and almost every person who has reviewed the figure so far expressed on that.

I'm mearly talking about the review itself
..and going by that last video, the guy is a crap reviewer.

Yeah I have no problems at all with the sculpting and design, these are by far the best made. I thought I saw a picture of some big flaw on the neck, sorry if it was something else.

Don't get me wrong i also love the BDM3 ..but it's full of flaws(not flaws in finish but in design) and seeing this guy praise that figure and give the iv a bad review is ridiculous!:cuckoo:

..i did the neck mod to me bdm3, it makes it waaaay better:)

the guy does have a point about the mark 4 not having air flaps that actually closes, if I am paying close to 200 for a figure, requesting flaps to close properly is not too much to ask tho

the guy does have a point about the mark 4 not having air flaps that actually closes, if I am paying close to 200 for a figure, requesting flaps to close properly is not too much to ask tho

Its a flaw both figures have ..but the whole review was negative,as a reviewer you should give both the good and the bad points of a figure, this guy was just saying nothing but bad, :lolbut i just can't stand the guy he is a complete tool.

Its a flaw both figures have ..but the whole review was negative,as a reviewer you should give both the good and the bad points of a figure, this guy was just saying nothing but bad, :lolbut i just can't stand the guy he is a complete tool.

k, fair enough, i just hope mine would have better flaps cos I would hate to see a figure with flaps like that :pray:

How many of you guys with the iron man in hand have this chip on the back? I have opened 2 and they both have them...

Also quite a few pics I have seen have them, so i am wondering if there are any MK IVs out there without this defect :/
ap_20101130084346166.jpg

Correction,

Now I have opened 4 boxes and they all have the same defect on the back. They also ALL have air flaps that don't close. And 3 of them have a defect on the head helmet with chipped mouth of chipped neck or a combination of both....

Ridiculous really, the distributor said he cant open any more for me so they sent it back to Hot Toys... hope I get a proper one back

k, fair enough, i just hope mine would have better flaps cos I would hate to see a figure with flaps like that :pray:

Bluetack will keep them flush:D ..are you going to display yours with the downey sculpt when you get it?

..and 2nd batch should have some of the flaws fixed i'd imagine.

Correction,

Now I have opened 4 boxes and they all have the same defect on the back. They also ALL have air flaps that don't close. And 3 of them have a defect on the head helmet with chipped mouth of chipped neck or a combination of both....

Ridiculous really, the distributor said he cant open any more for me so they sent it back to Hot Toys... hope I get a proper one back

:thud: oh god, that's bad

Bluetack will keep them flush:D ..are you going to display yours with the downey sculpt when you get it?

..and 2nd batch should have some of the flaws fixed i'd imagine.

yea i plan on having him pose with Stark Head, and holding helmet, cos I have the mark 3 with helmet on and Mark 6 will have battle damaged on him. :yess:

This is still the first batch, the flaws may be fixed for the next one:)

i am praying again heheeh :pray:
the only good thing is that at least at my comic shop I can check the figures through the window so I can look out for the chip chin issue

i am praying again heheeh :pray:
the only good thing is that at least at my comic shop I can check the figures through the window so I can look out for the chip chin issue

..and before your comic guy let you inspect the dx batman , would he let you do that again with the IV?

Back