Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think if anything the head is slightly too small and think the modified figure really doesn't look right. Way too broad across the chest and shoulders. Looks more like the HT mkIII which is way off proportions wise.

A nice attempt however, IMO the chest is too big or something.

I can't believe I said a chest is too big, walks away
:D

I thickened the upper torso which included part of the abdomen area, so, as dedguy mentioned, it could be the head being a bit small that's making the chest look big.

This is just my perception of how it looks and I considered both the cg suit and prop suit I've seen in footage and promo stuff so far.

Don't know if it changes anything, but I increased the head sized about 3% in proportion to the rest of the body.
HTIM2MK4comparisonmod2.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is borderlining ridiculous. The reality is simple. People should complain about Hot Toys, why? Because we know that folks over at HT do lurk the boards and a lot of the critics have been constructive showing what can be improved which is a move in the right direction even if nothing happens. Companies need to be aware that when they don't give fans what they want we'll tell them about it. Now for that ol' reality, they could give a ____ what three or four or even forty diehards are toy forum enthusiasts think. Sideshow has even come in here and said at one time that Toy Forum customers make up roughly 3% of the buying population which the other 97% simply buying because it looks cool. With the Iron Man movie in full swing and publications like Wizard, ToyFare and other magazines showing off these including things like the Marvel webpages and newsletter showing these off, they'll get the exposure, they'll sell and so in reality what does HT have to gain in changing it? Let them know whats wrong but be prepared to accept what we are given and anything beyond that is talking for the sake of talking. Not to mention we all know that HT's M.O. is to change things up until the last minute as they've done in the past.

Sideshow will be ordering these on Thursday and I will be ordering because despite the thin torso or whatever other laundry list of issues there are with it, I think its ____ing fantastic and that is all that matters really because it'll be on my shelf.
:lecture :lecture :lecture
you're one of the few on this board, mike, with sanity. thank you for not whining about small useless inaccuracies on this figure of you.
...but please make sure their "authentic headsculpt" of you f___king looks like you!:D

This thread is borderlining ridiculous. The reality is simple. People should complain about Hot Toys, why? Because we know that folks over at HT do lurk the boards and a lot of the critics have been constructive showing what can be improved which is a move in the right direction even if nothing happens. Companies need to be aware that when they don't give fans what they want we'll tell them about it. Now for that ol' reality, they could give a ____ what three or four or even forty diehards are toy forum enthusiasts think. Sideshow has even come in here and said at one time that Toy Forum customers make up roughly 3% of the buying population which the other 97% simply buying because it looks cool. With the Iron Man movie in full swing and publications like Wizard, ToyFare and other magazines showing off these including things like the Marvel webpages and newsletter showing these off, they'll get the exposure, they'll sell and so in reality what does HT have to gain in changing it? Let them know whats wrong but be prepared to accept what we are given and anything beyond that is talking for the sake of talking. Not to mention we all know that HT's M.O. is to change things up until the last minute as they've done in the past.

Sideshow will be ordering these on Thursday and I will be ordering because despite the thin torso or whatever other laundry list of issues there are with it, I think its ____ing fantastic and that is all that matters really because it'll be on my shelf.

I Agree with you 100%... we are her to enjoy talks about our Hobby/Collection.. But Boy There are some members Here that really don't have a Life, they Critique everything and are totally Ridiculous :rolleyes:................ I know an opinion is a valid response to something, but some of people thoughts are just plane ignorance and lack of appreciation of..... the time, money, development and artistry that these companies do..... to bring us Joy.... Creating is a very difficult task, to destroy is a more simple one...and some comments are just that....if you don't like it, why not build it yourself that is what i have to say to some folks here with all respect......

HotToys, please, make all needed authentic details on his cheeks.
Like here, there should be some lines on the texture:

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE F___KING KIDDING ME! :banghead

do you have any idea how tiny that area is on the head? even if they could make that detail, which they probably couldn't, the detail would be too damn minuscule for the naked eye to make out. seriously, there's really some pointless nit-picking on these boards. this figure looks amazing. and in hand, it will only look better. some of you people really need to stop complaining about such insignificant inaccuracies. it's a goddamn 1/6 scale figure. if it was life size, then i'd understand...but cmon already!

I don't know, guys. I think people should feel free to critique a perceived innacurracy, no matter how small it is. It's their opinion and they should be free to express it on an open forum. Your idea of 'insignificant' might mean otherwise to another member. I do appreciate Mike's post, and it makes a lot of sense, but it's not a permit for members to get on others' backs because they're not as happy as you are about a product. Disagreements are fine, but telling others that they need to get a life or to stop going on about insignificant stuff is a bit much.

It's great if you think it's a "____ing fantastic figure", but it's not cool to put people down if they don't think so. And most people feel the same way about the figure, just to varying levels of agreement.

villainsfan42, sorry man, but I don't see any problem for HT in making 5 broken lines on the texture on the each side while making the parts to assailable the heads. Sorry, but your reasons sounds funny for me, 1/6 scale is big enough to afford detailed elaboration like this. Just see HT terminator's endoskeletons to make it clear.

plasmid303, :shaking hands:

I agree it's totally possible but for me at least it's totally meaningless. It's a detail I would never notice and will forget about ever even having been shown it in a few weeks.

plasmid303, :shaking hands:

:duff

I agree it's totally possible but for me at least it's totally meaningless. It's a detail I would never notice and will forget about ever even having been shown it in a few weeks.

Yeah man I agree, I don't think it's a necessary to have that small detail on the helment...at least, not on the 1/6 figure. The 1/4 bust? Definitely.

I thickened the upper torso which included part of the abdomen area, so, as dedguy mentioned, it could be the head being a bit small that's making the chest look big.

This is just my perception of how it looks and I considered both the cg suit and prop suit I've seen in footage and promo stuff so far.

Don't know if it changes anything, but I increased the head sized about 3% in proportion to the rest of the body.
HTIM2MK4comparisonmod2.jpg

I'd much prefer your's. Looks like a suit someone could fit in besides Doug Jones.

villainsfan42, sorry man, but I don't see any problem for HT in making 5 broken lines on the texture on the each side while making the parts to assailable the heads. Sorry, but your reasons sounds funny for me, 1/6 scale is big enough to afford detailed elaboration like this. Just see HT terminator's endoskeletons to make it clear.

is it possible for them to do it...ok, i guess so. but it'd be a total waste of time and energy one their part, because without magnification, no one will really notice that small, tiny detail. on a 1/6 figure, it's just not noticeable, that kind of detail, but on the 1/4 bust, or on the ss 1/1 or 1/2's, i would expect more of that minor detail, because the piece is much larger. but, imo, to complain about such a minor detail is just wasting your breath, and if they make it, you'll strain your eyes to see it.

and could you tell me what it means "to assailable the heads"? :confused:

I have a question, does the figure have to be perfect in every detail ? I mean yes it's expensive but does it have to be flawless, i mean look at it. Its simply amzing already.

As I stated many times in the Alien thread, without forums like this and frame by frame control of high definition video we can grab screens from I know I would never ever notice these "problems" and seriously doubt many others would.

Should HT try to get as close as they can? Sure, and I honestly think they do.

I have a question, does the figure have to be perfect in every detail ? I mean yes it's expensive but does it have to be flawless, i mean look at it. Its simply amzing already.

no, it doesn't have to be, and most likely it wouldn't be. but it should be close. the problem is, is that there's a lot of people in this world who just aren't satisfied, no matter how incredible something is. there will always *something* wrong...just talk to my grandma :lol

As I stated many times in the Alien thread, without forums like this and frame by frame control of high definition video we can grab screens from I know I would never ever notice these "problems" and seriously doubt many others would.

Should HT try to get as close as they can? Sure, and I honestly think they do.

Totally agree. I am paying $150 - $200 per figure, I expect it to be really darn close to perfection. However, I know based on 1:6 scale it will not be exact because parts may not transfer well to such a smaller scale. Ultimately it depends on my perception and preferences.

I don't need it to be flawless, but I think HT can just get a little bit closer.

Back