1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine unboxed last night... love this guy, but this is the money shot here :yess:
(and yes... while the eyepatch is not "scene accurate"... but he just looks so much more badass with it, lol)

View attachment 431774

Man, I had no real desire for teen Groot and Rocket until people started posting pics with their Thor and these 2 and it's incredible. Awesome pic!

That’s the only reason I bought the Groot & Rocket 2 pack. So I could display them next to Thor. Was too epic of a scene.

I didn't realise, but the lights on this Thor, are the built in UV lights, so that when the lgihts are off it makes him glow purple, or they're just normal lights? HT have missed a trick if they're not UV.

I didn't realise, but the lights on this Thor, are the built in UV lights, so that when the lgihts are off it makes him glow purple, or they're just normal lights? HT have missed a trick if they're not UV.

Can you clarify - how does the built-in lights being UV relate to him glowing purple if the lights are off?

Something about this figure just isn’t doing it for me. Plus I don’t have any spare crotch grabbers I can use for display. Got mine last week but it’s still in the shipper, will probably just end up trying to sell it at cost.

Something about this figure just isn’t doing it for me. Plus I don’t have any spare crotch grabbers I can use for display. Got mine last week but it’s still in the shipper, will probably just end up trying to sell it at cost.

What sadness, i fear some never realize greatness

Not sure it’s an issue - suited Tony has a few inches on Thor. IM DCs seem to be right.

dd497baf96db616478d8b0b977332097.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a shop on their part tho. He was roughly the same height as cap in that armor in CW and thor is taller than cap

Can you clarify - how does the built-in lights being UV relate to him glowing purple if the lights are off?

I worded it poorly, I was asking if the lights built into his suit, the ones that glow, are a UV emitting source. The entirety of this Thor has been covered in UV paint so it reflects purple when under a UV light source, so I was asking if they're UV lights (his body armour) therefore making him glow purple/blue, I guess asking if when house or room lights are off is irrelevant.

Otherwise just having them as normal lights and having to have an outward source of UV lighting is a wasted opportunity, I can't imagine someone will want to have to point a torch at him the whole time in display.

Thats a shop on their part tho. He was roughly the same height as cap in that armor in CW and thor is taller than cap

Iron man suit 43 is 6’5”
Hemsworth is 6’2”
Evans is 6’

Add an inch or two to Hemsworth and Evans for their boots and lifts and iron man is still tallest by an inch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I worded it poorly, I was asking if the lights built into his suit, the ones that glow, are a UV emitting source. The entirety of this Thor has been covered in UV paint so it reflects purple when under a UV light source, so I was asking if they're UV lights (his body armour) therefore making him glow purple/blue, I guess asking if when house or room lights are off is irrelevant.

Otherwise just having them as normal lights and having to have an outward source of UV lighting is a wasted opportunity, I can't imagine someone will want to have to point a torch at him the whole time in display.

Just tried shining a UV light on the figure - I don't believe any part of the figure is uv reflective (aside from the eyes). It's the lightning effects that are UV reflective.

Just tried shining a UV light on the figure - I don't believe any part of the figure is uv reflective (aside from the eyes). It's the lightning effects that are UV reflective.
Yes it's only the eyes and the lightning, the internal lights are white and very bright, the first pic is with lights and UV the second just UV

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
865e03e89973b292b90c9590ccef3c31.jpg
0bebb3c15777931ee66900d5078d77ed.jpg

This guy is great. Really glad I got it as he looks bad ass in all black and with the short hair. He’s got one of the best Hot Toys capes too in my opinion.

Might have to get the Rocket and Groot two pack to go with him while Sideshow has their Spooktacular deal going for the two pack.

Gotta say this is a excellent representation of Thor. It will be the only Thor I need to represent him in my display and I'm glad I waited all this time for him. The multiple ways you can display him with different looks and change outs is great and should keep him looking fresh for a long time to come.

Just an FYI in regards to the stand, you can swap in a crotch grabber from a generic eBay stand no problem but the included bendable pole will not work with a generic stand because of the depth.

Back