1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine in & all set up currently in full god mode flying pose with all the lightning chest pieces (I'll spare all of you some poor quality pics). Also decided to go with eye patch in place for now perhaps until a get a UV light mounted in my cabinet. Pretty easy figure to deal with no real pains in the bum other than the chest disks being a little scary to remove. The battery compartment in the back is perhaps the easiest have had to deal with the cells went in on the first go. I'll leave him like this for a while as I got the rest of my collection with the light up effects in & I'll probably pull the batteries out around the holidays. This is one great figure in a year that has had a fair good amount of figure put out by HTs. Very much on the fence on that Thunder Axe by BT as the sculpting looks no where near as good as the one included with Thor & not seeing where I would get $50 of value out of it.

Mine showed processing all day but just checked and I now have a tracking number. Friday is the day. Sooo stoked.
I agree with the 3rd party axe, doesn’t look as good. I’d prefer keeping the Hot Toys one and seeing if there is anyone out there that can get rid of the vines on the handle and maybe add to it’s length by cutting and sculpting more in the middleand repaint it. I’m fine with the size of the axe.

5e64db53b95320be0f14d0f95d2b7007.jpg
4d48df58e0e74f73868d4f00e6c16c4e.jpg
3b0beda91ebe5bc594975c99ecebf1a3.jpg

Here I was thinking AOU Thor was the best Hot Toys Thor. IW Thor blows him away! Headsculpt is just phenomenal. The Stormbreaker is a bit small and it’s bothering me a bit, but overall I am happy with the figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5e64db53b95320be0f14d0f95d2b7007.jpg
4d48df58e0e74f73868d4f00e6c16c4e.jpg
3b0beda91ebe5bc594975c99ecebf1a3.jpg

Here I was thinking AOU Thor was the best Hot Toys Thor. IW Thor blows him away! Headsculpt is just phenomenal. The Stormbreaker is a bit small and it’s bothering me a bit, but overall I am happy with the figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks nice..however it’s not same as saying best Thor because he needs the signature long hair

Looks nice..however it’s not same as saying best Thor because he needs the signature long hair
Thor looks weird in AOU outfit with the short hair. Lol
I was never a Thor fan till Ragnarok but that's mainly due to the fact that I started to find Hemsworth as a great actor. That's why to me the IW thor is the ultimate Thor.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thor looks weird in AOU outfit with the short hair. Lol
I was never a Thor fan till Ragnarok but that's mainly due to the fact that I started to find Hemsworth as a great actor. That's why to me the IW thor is the ultimate Thor.

What's weird is how TAN they made the AOU Thor...he wasn't at all that dark in the movie lol.

His face almost looks sunburnt!

I think any thor figure starting from the Dark Workd license up till infinity war are pretty good. They all have their strengths and weaknesses that I personally think put them all in the same level. Comes down to how much you enjoy the character enough to own multiple version/ personal preference in which version you want to own. I only have the armored Thor from Dark World. I still prefer the long hair/ costume design/ and the semi opened moth actually gives him an expression.

I have every Thor so far, and Road Worn is probably my favourite overall. The short haired Thors I think are a better resemblance to Hemsworth, bearing in mind the look of his character, the hair, and just his aging have altered a bit over the years. Hell, I remember him as a teenager soap actor. He's definitely aged a bit lol..

The new stormbraker not too accurate finally.
The handle is too wide and Yggdrasil is not on the hammer normally.

181024111722965218.jpg

181024111722769631.jpg

I have only AOU Thor right now. I was planning to keep that as the definitive Thor but after seeing how good is IW version, I really can’t decide what to do. Stick to my old one, buy this and sell the other one or keep them both. It’s really hard to make decisions in this hobby :)

I kinda like the fact that the tree is on there. With the LED light up function and the size difference I’m pretty sure I’ll be happy with it.

The one included looks great, detailed, and has amazing paint apps, but it makes him look more like a lumberjack from the Huntsman than a Thanos killing weapon wielding God.

I kinda like the fact that the tree is on there. With the LED light up function and the size difference I’m pretty sure I’ll be happy with it.

The one included looks great, detailed, and has amazing paint apps, but it makes him look more like a lumberjack from the Huntsman than a Thanos killing weapon wielding God.

We can pretend that Thor went back to see Eitri to get some detailing done. "You know what look awesome inside this circle..."

Back