1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have plans on selling my collection. The reason none are on display is because I don't have a dedicated space for them. I'm not interested in doing the Detolfs, as many of you on here do. No offense, but I think they look cheap.

The plan is to eventually have a dedicated space with custom high-end displays for them. In the meantime I am perfectly content owning them and having them boxed up to preserve the quality until the day comes when the space/customized area is ready.

lol ahh now i get you. gonna be an exciting day when you finally create the poses im sure that are already in your head

44119828_10155817529027344_5417192450299002880_o.jpg

another shot of this guy

I don't have plans on selling my collection. The reason none are on display is because I don't have a dedicated space for them. I'm not interested in doing the Detolfs, as many of you on here do. No offense, but I think they look cheap.

The plan is to eventually have a dedicated space with custom high-end displays for them. In the meantime I am perfectly content owning them and having them boxed up to preserve the quality until the day comes when the space/customized area is ready.

Might be a good idea to inspect them though and then box them back up, hear stories of getting figures with two left legs, broken groot arms, etc... I've been lucky but still worries me

I also ordered a few more detolfs that just arrived :):) they look great when i the right spots, but don't look that great side by side :)

Might be a good idea to inspect them though and then box them back up, hear stories of getting figures with two left legs, broken groot arms, etc... I've been lucky but still worries me

I also ordered a few more detolfs that just arrived :):) they look great when i the right spots, but don't look that great side by side :)

Oh yeah, I always inspect every figure I get. For the most part they are usually okay, but every now and then HT's QC never fails to amaze me... :slap

Glad the detolfs are your style. It's affordable and gets the job done! I guess you would consider me a snob then lol.

Really looking forward to this guy. I don't know if I can wait until the European batch. Also, does anyone know we're the eBay codes are posted on here if at all. I couldn't find a thread.

Well Sideshow was supposed to charge my final payment tomorrow but I just got an email saying that it won't charge until the 23rd. I'm not holding my breath though. They've already changed it from the 18th to the 11th, back to the 18th and now it's the 23rd.

Don't be. The people that say that are in the vast minority. This looks like the best Thor hot toys has made yet. They have had a hard time nailing Hemsworth's likeness before this, but this is the closest they've gotten.

The most glaring issue is that Stormbreaker is a bit too small and the handle isn't quite screen accurate. It's hardly a deal breaker for me, but some people get bent out of shape about those details. I'm not happy about it, but It's close enough for now... hopefully they get it right next time.

Yeah stormbreaker isn't a dealbreaker for me either. Thanks!

Well Sideshow was supposed to charge my final payment tomorrow but I just got an email saying that it won't charge until the 23rd. I'm not holding my breath though. They've already changed it from the 18th to the 11th, back to the 18th and now it's the 23rd.

Got the same email.

Likeness is a little weak surprisingly.

I agree. From some angles it’s really good but from others I don’t see it nearly as much. On the other hand you have Figuarts who pretty much nailed the likeness so that just adds to the slight disappointment. I’ll probably end up getting it just because of how great Thor was in IW, maybe it’ll be better in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do think the chin area is a little too round. But that wouldn’t stop me from getting it if I wanted it.

I would have more concerns about the pants which nobody seems to mention. Very cheap synthetic leather. They are going to flake with time. Wish they sacrificed movie accuracy for durability with the pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems like the rubber/paint on the arms can be easily torn apart(3:04~3:18). Not to mention full pleather for the pants and innacuracy for StormBreaker.
That's a cancel for me.

Just got an email from Sideshow on charging for the 23rd, was about to pull the trigger on eBay for it.....patience.....patience

Oh yeah, I always inspect every figure I get. For the most part they are usually okay, but every now and then HT's QC never fails to amaze me... :slap

Glad the detolfs are your style. It's affordable and gets the job done! I guess you would consider me a snob then lol.

I wouldn't say that :):) They just fit my area pretty well, one in each corner of my living room along one wall in between the fire place, honestly though i haven't really looked for any other solutions, though i think no matter what having 50+ figures displayed is hard to make look right, lol :)

Back