1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hot toys announced window was Q4 2018 to Q1 2019. So it’s unlikely.

To be fair, some of the Infinity War release dates seem to have been pretty far out there, so
I will not be surprised in the least to see a few of them come out in 2018.

If they don't release some stuff early, the second half of 2018 will be really light in terms of releases.

Could be. But a year is pretty typical for any new sculpted items. Hot toys is usually within(not always but usually) a few weeks or a month of the Hong Kong release dates.

I wonder if the IW Head will be manufactured the same way the gladiator one is meaning will the hair be a separate piece?

They may not be intentionally be separate with a magnet but if it’s essentially the same head and haircut with no red paint it makes sense for them to do it this way so they don’t have to retool.

It would be a nice surprise to be able to heat up and pop off the top of the head to don the gladiator helmet or any helmet of your choosing.
Doubt it... Why would they do that?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

To save on tooling costs for making the Infinity war figure. Like I said it wouldn’t be the same as being able to separate them like with the magnet but very similar to the ANH and Stormtrooper Luke figure heads.

They are the same sculpt with different paint jobs but one has removable hair with a magnet and one is glued on. I can’t imagine they spent the extra money to retool molds when they could just as easily spare the magnet and glue the hair into place. Seems like a smart business decision to me but I’m no expert.

To save on tooling costs for making the Infinity war figure. Like I said it wouldn’t be the same as being able to separate them like with the magnet but very similar to the ANH and Stormtrooper Luke figure heads.

They are the same sculpt with different paint jobs but one has removable hair with a magnet and one is glued on. I can’t imagine they spent the extra money to retool molds when they could just as easily spare the magnet and glue the hair into place. Seems like a smart business decision to me but I’m no expert.

Yeah I think it'd save them the time and labor by skipping the glue process. Plus they'd save at least $10 for the whole run :lol

I hope it is a revised sculpt with no separate hair piece. The Gladiator version has to accommodate a helmet. I would prefer the sculpt to be a bit wider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope it is a revised sculpt with no separate hair piece. The Gladiator version has to accommodate a helmet. I would prefer the sculpt to be a bit wider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes... And I'm sure the hair is not separated.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yeah I think it'd save them the time and labor by skipping the glue process. Plus they'd save at least $10 for the whole run :lol

It costs more than $10.00 to make hundreds of molds to cast thousands of heads but ok.

I think they mix elmers glue with loctite. Some stuff just falls right off and other crap you can’t remove without an angle grinder and heat.

I wonder if the IW Head will be manufactured the same way the gladiator one is meaning will the hair be a separate piece?

They may not be intentionally be separate with a magnet but if it’s essentially the same head and haircut with no red paint it makes sense for them to do it this way so they don’t have to retool.

It would be a nice surprise to be able to heat up and pop off the top of the head to don the gladiator helmet or any helmet of your choosing.

or LONG HAIR! So the Roadworn figures can get a proper beard.
If the KO DW sculpted hair could be ... I haven't thought this idea through yet.

But that would be brilliant.

Back