1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if this was already answered. But what will the chain armor arms be made from? Is it pure rubber like the arms? I’d like a Thor with the ability to safely pose his arms...

Sorry if this was already answered. But what will the chain armor arms be made from? Is it pure rubber like the arms? I’d like a Thor with the ability to safely pose his arms...

I don’t think we have confirmation yet, either way. The prototype does not appear to have visible joints on either set of arms so probably not hard plastic.

Dude that depends on so many variables... XD

Where are you displaying it, what climate do you live in, how often do you play with it, do you put your toys in the microwave, etc...

I own probably 100-150 hot toys at this point, I've never had arms deteriorate, leather flake, etc. Other people have. There's no hard rule about how long these things hold up.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Dude that depends on so many variables... XD

Where are you displaying it, what climate do you live in, how often do you play with it, do you put your toys in the microwave, etc...

I own probably 100-150 hot toys at this point, I've never had arms deteriorate, leather flake, etc. Other people have. There's no hard rule about how long these things hold up.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I prefer to put mine in the oven, it does take longer, but it sure tastes better.

What's everyone thinking on display regarding eye patch?

I'll be displaying it without but it does look neat with the patch.

Regretting not pulling the trigger from some of the other places for pre-order. Was thinking about getting the new Ant-Man and it just popped in my head this morning, why not the IW Thor instead, completely forgot about this.

Went and saw IW last weekend again just to avoid the heat, and I forgot how much I enjoyed Thor in this, as well as when I saw it the first time opening night and when he arrived in Wakanda and the whole theater erupted in cheers. Obviously wasn't the same the second time around but a cool experience nonetheless.

Anywhere else beyond Sideshow have this for pre-order?

Regretting not pulling the trigger from some of the other places for pre-order. Was thinking about getting the new Ant-Man and it just popped in my head this morning, why not the IW Thor instead, completely forgot about this.

Went and saw IW last weekend again just to avoid the heat, and I forgot how much I enjoyed Thor in this, as well as when I saw it the first time opening night and when he arrived in Wakanda and the whole theater erupted in cheers. Obviously wasn't the same the second time around but a cool experience nonetheless.

Anywhere else beyond Sideshow have this for pre-order?

Is there a specific reason you're avoiding Sideshow? Typically quick shipping plus RP makes it appealing.

Is there a specific reason you're avoiding Sideshow? Typically quick shipping plus RP makes it appealing.

I mean Ill go with Sideshow if that's whats left, just wondering if the usual spots had anything left. Not looking like it. I just feel like their shipping charges are a little out of line, usually around 20 bucks, plus the 10 for a pack-out. I'll probably hold off and see if any RP come through from this Comic-Con promotion, I blew all of my other RP on IW Iron Man.

Wow, shocked to see this already sold out at a lot of places months before it even comes out.

The times they are a changin. Can't afford not to pre-order on anything you want from Day 1 + a week or two.

Agreed. What does everyone think is the reason? Are HT producing smaller numbers, or has there been an explosion of new collectors?
I’m eyeing a few figures in my “wishlist” thinking, hmmmm... might need to secure a few of these. Thing is, it’s sometimes hard to guess which ones will sell out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think it’s probably a combination of the two. Lower numbers on production side...since they went from making 20 figures a year five years ago to 50 three years ago and now 80ish they had to drop run sizes...and then an influx of new collectors and older collectors staying around longer.

Agreed. What does everyone think is the reason? Are HT producing smaller numbers, or has there been an explosion of new collectors?
I’m eyeing a few figures in my “wishlist” thinking, hmmmm... might need to secure a few of these. Thing is, it’s sometimes hard to guess which ones will sell out.

Ha, good question. I personally think it's as follows.

HT has a lot of figures on the go at the moment, due to the huge amount of movies in the last 1-2 years. (just think Marvel, Star Wars, DC etc). They only have a finite amount of production capacity. Therefore they cannot afford to have big time consuming runs.

On top of this there must be a certain amount of market saturation for repeat figures like Thor. So therefore order numbers are probably less than they saw for initial figures anyway.

Considering this, my guess is that they simply tell their distributors like SS that order numbers will be limited to a certain amount. Shops who order from SS then may have maximum order limits placed upon them by SS. They may also simply order less because they also think they won't sell so many, due to market saturation etc.

Therefore we have figures selling out quicker.

The question may be then, why would HT leave money on the table and produce less ? I think they compensate it with the higher pricing we've seen recently.

It seems logical to me. But only my thoughts.

I don’t think they are leaving much money on the table and I don’t think the price increases translate to a ton more profit.

I think they are making more on sales for sure. But overhead increases as a company grows, and so does debt. Watch a show like the profit, they illustrate this pretty well.

But a quick example of how they can produce half as many of each run as they did 8 years ago but still make more in sales...these are just example numbers and not actual known hot toys numbers. Just an illustration.

If they made 20 unique figures a year and a run of 10k (again not actual numbers) each figure..for say 180usd average. They made 36million in sales. Say today they make 80 unique figures a year at 5000 a run for 220 average. That’s 88m in sales. There is a production capacity so they can only make so many figures, and a market capacity. I don’t think they are leaving any money on the table. However if there debt and overhead and costs increase they may make a ton more a year, but also make smaller profits. Impossible to know for sure.

Last edited:
Back