1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how durable is the skin? is it going to dry out and crack like the other rubber Hot Toys figures?

Well, in the comics, the recently revealed future King Thanos does have a beard, so there's that.

King-Thanos-Old-Throne-Comic.jpg

just chatted with the secret base staff there, he said most probably an amoured version infinity thanos with be released
some time later. i would rather wait for the amoured version then.

thanos 1.jpg
thanos 2.jpg

just chatted with the secret base staff there, he said most probably an amoured version infinity thanos with be released
some time later. i would rather wait for the amoured version then.

THIS^ is pretty important news for many people (including myself), so I thank you very much for posting it. I'd imagined this was true, considering that - based on the small glimpse we've seen of him armored - that this suit is "underneath" the armor, meaning HT can reuse the body for another figure. I can't see them wasting that opportunity.

I'm struggling with this. I have been saving SS rewards points for years knowing Thanos was coming, and I have enough to basically get him for free (give or take $10 or so). But do I get this one, or take a chance and wait for the armored version? Rewards points not considered, I'd probably wait just to see. And if it doesn't happen within a year or two, I'd pick this one up on the secondary market. But now...

Also - from a screen standpoint - I don't have the space for multiple versions of characters, really. So I try to pick and choose one "definitive version" of each. Technically, we've seen the armored Thanos in at least, what, 3 films? (Avengers, AoU, GotG). And we'll likely only see the unarmored in IW - MAYBE in next year's Avengers film too. BUT, this one obviously will have waaaaaay more screentime. And, most likely, the armored version won't have the gauntlet, which is the whole thing all these films have been leading up to. Ick. It's a conundrum.

I think I'll have to wait until after I see the film to make my final choice, but maybe I should just get one now with the rewards points, then, if they DO come out with an armored version down the road, try to sell him off and PO the new one and "roll over" the rewards that way.

I am guessing the armor version has some spoilers so they didn't want to release yet. I dont think it will cannibalize the sales of this Thanos release since they are in two different price points.

Not to be a buzz kill but Secret base staff don’t have any special inside info on what hot toys is working on. They are retail staff. It’s like asking a Walmart cashier what TV Samsung are working on.

Not to be a buzz kill but Secret base staff don’t have any special inside info on what hot toys is working on. They are retail staff. It’s like asking a Walmart cashier what TV Samsung are working on.

i was also surprised by what he said, because 99 out 100 times the answer would be like, there is still no official announcement yet. ^_^

I would be surprised if we didn't see the armored version. That's what I am banking on.

Although I do not love the size of this guy. I think he's a couple of inches to big.

I would be surprised if we didn't see the armored version. That's what I am banking on.

Although I do not love the size of this guy. I think he's a couple of inches to big.

yes, this one is bigger than the previous thanos, the figures were made according to data provided by marvels,
the secret base staff said may be the gauntlet make thanos grows bigger!

Maybe if they do do the armour version it will be a convention exclusive.

Sent from a point in space and time

Wonder if armoured version would be more expensive than this one with second headsculpt, light up gauntlet and third arm ? This price seems reasonable.

Probably similar I guess.

The armor version will guarantee to not include an infinity gauntlet because that's how HT will get you to buy both.

Without the armour, Thanos just looks like some guy on holiday. "I came to Earth, and all I got was this lousy glove."

Back