1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanos in armor looks so much better than this. The only reason to pick this up is the damn gauntlet. Sucks not knowing for sure if something better is coming.

What if the GOTG version of Thanos was undersized to keep the cost down, because it came with the thrown? :dunno

The armored Thanos in that photoshop is too small. He's listed at 38.5 cm & that's like a 8 cm difference from 41cm.

The armored Thanos in that photoshop is too small. He's listed at 38.5 cm & that's like a 8 cm difference from 41cm.

Seems pretty close. Here he is with the hulk and new thanos is just a bit shorter then hulk. So maybe to his hair line. It’s a pretty big difference

837EA313-4587-4E61-94F5-8B91C39AA1EF.jpeg

Seems pretty close. Here he is with the hulk and new thanos is just a bit shorter then hulk. So maybe to his hair line. It’s a pretty big difference

View attachment 402659

Something is off then because the listed height difference of these figures should be an inch & a half, but I'm guessing Hulk is taller than the 42 cm list size & possibly armored Thanos is shorter than 38.1 cm?

The size difference in Standard for us here in the States is that the new IW Thanos is about an inch and a half taller than the GOTG Thanos. Still a pretty big difference is size between the two.

Something is off then because the listed height difference of these figures should be an inch & a half, but I'm guessing Hulk is taller than the 42 cm list size & possibly armored Thanos is shorter than 38.1 cm?

The heights are always approximate on the PO. Let me find a ruler and see what it is.

Ok so hulk is just under 18 inches tall. The new thanos is listed at 16 1/4 (ish) inches tall and the old thanos is just under 14 inches tall. So the new thanos is two inches taller then the old and two inches shorter then hulk, if the estimate is correct.

Keep in mind hulk was listed at 42cm (16.5inches) and came in at 45.5 or so. That means there’s a good chance this thanos is bigger. But based on announced sizes hot toys said, 41.5 for thanos and 42.0 for hulk they will be nearly the same size.

Sorry about the crap wonky photos. Holding it up while taking the photo one handed didn’t exactly work. Clearly
41A924E1-F0CD-4FCB-A16C-5C1878139093.jpg
0846540E-94D3-43E0-BEF8-D90C2E9A2304.jpg

Last edited:
Not that I'm interested but $500 Canadian??? I went into a collectables store the other day and I told my wife how sad collecting has become because everything is so overpriced it's not fun anymore

The heights are always approximate on the PO. Let me find a ruler and see what it is.

Ok so hulk is just under 18 inches tall. The new thanos is listed at 16 1/4 (ish) inches tall and the old thanos is just under 14 inches tall. So the new thanos is two inches taller then the old and two inches shorter then hulk, if the estimate is correct.

Keep in mind hulk was listed at 42cm (16.5inches) and came in at 45.5 or so. That means there’s a good chance this thanos is bigger. But based on announced sizes hot toys said, 41.5 for thanos and 42.0 for hulk they will be nearly the same size.

View attachment 402661
View attachment 402662

Or he could come in shorter too, don't think IW Thanos will come in at Hulk territory size. Thanks for measuring!

I wonder how many people who want an full armor version will change their mind after seeing the film and order this one. I laughed at the homemade spidey suit when HT put it up for PO and never even for a second thought about ordering it. Then i watched the movie, enjoyed the scenes it was used in and now it is on my shelf.

I could be swayed by the film. I didn’t like the look of Heath Ledger’s Joker in previews. However, upon seeing the film, I immediately loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other one came with a light up throne though, plus inflation.
Well there hasn’t been much inflation in three years. And this one comes with two heads and light up gauntlet and an extra arm and two inches in height. So I’d say value for money this new one is better. Gotg was 415 in 2015 with a throne and hands and swap out lion cloth. This one is 378 in 2018 with addition arm, head,hands. May not like the design as much or whatever but cost wise/value for money this one is a better deal or at least equal.

Well there hasn’t been much inflation in three years. And this one comes with two heads and light up gauntlet and an extra arm and two inches in height. So I’d say value for money this new one is better. Gotg was 415 in 2015 with a throne and hands and swap out lion cloth. This one is 378 in 2018 with addition arm, head,hands. May not like the design as much or whatever but cost wise/value for money this one is a better deal or at least equal.

Instant pre order for me

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20180403-214700_Instagram.jpg
    SmartSelect_20180403-214700_Instagram.jpg
    512 KB · Views: 240
  • SmartSelect_20180403-214652_Instagram.jpg
    SmartSelect_20180403-214652_Instagram.jpg
    549 KB · Views: 240
Yeah I already did. I like both actually. The Gotg version in that throne looks amazing. After hulkbuster it’s the one figure everyone comments on in my display. And given there’s 50-60 out any given time that says something. This one has a better more arrogant expression, plus the angry head, and the large amount of color from the bare purplish skin is really gonn pop on a shelf. Plus it’s gonna be huge. Which is cool, though also irks me a bit(that’s an issue with marvel design not hot toys). I’ll be happy to have them both on a shelf.

I'm completely shocked at how "cheap" he is. I figured with Infinity War probably end up being Hot Toys most popular line and the sideshow "tax" would put this well over 400 USD.

Pre-ordered instantly at 376 USD!!

Back