1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are a brave man sir. You brave, you brave. Does it hinder his arm articulation at all?

I might go nuts this weekend to release my frustrations on this figure and attempt. Any step by step suggestion?

Long post incoming.
I told myself I’d be better about taking pictures when I work on something, sadly this idiot got engrossed in working and took none.

Remove the arms and head. I also removed the boots but I don’t think it’s necessary.
When you start to take the rubber shirt and plastic armor off there’s a seam on the side that needs to be opened, and after that there’s a seam under that one too.
This seam:
BB5712EE-2AED-4BD1-BCE8-847DC6118A5F.jpg
Once you start you’ll encounter random glue spot between the rubber and the body.
You’ll need to also open a seam between the plastic at the right shoulder to get this off
7C9349BE-1D00-4E4F-8EEE-9295851340B3.jpg
Once you have the body exposed this is where I dremeled:
58607D14-3EC0-4452-ADD7-B8B0F06A2C87.jpg
Similar pattern on the back just not as deep, I literally had to dremel through the soft rubber of the trap area next to the neck to get this down further. I also dremeled down to hard plastic in a few other areas.

Once I had the armor and shirt sitting where I liked it I started putting the pieces back together and glued the armor down to the shoulders with a good amount of CA glue. Then reassembled the two seams on the right side.

Hope that helps a little. Once again sorry for forgetting real pictures.

Attachments

• 2DF9C0C3-5635-45C6-95F3-46EAE01860C8.jpg
    2DF9C0C3-5635-45C6-95F3-46EAE01860C8.jpg
    354.8 KB · Views: 251
Just got my email saying I will be billed may 22nd. Usually ships the day I'm billed in my experience.

Me three, very excited! I preordered on 3/9/19 for reference, so it seems like this batch isn’t gonna be as limited as the first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there anyway to get him in this pose? I doubt it but it would be great if he could somehow.

View attachment 453720

No way he can do that pose.
Received Thanos today!
This is the closest I could get to that pose:
6ed4ae0ba59888a88c4e4c59fa7503e8.jpg
870efc48739ea909a8f00d7a972dc09a.jpg

I had to add his base to either the top or bottom of the stairs to get him to sit up straight. He was leaning a little back before because the stairs aren’t very tall (these are the steps that came with ‘89 Mime Joker DX). I think I’ll put his base under the stairs. The biggest challenge with getting that pose are his arms, his stiff ab crunch (due to the outfit) and his feet. The arms are impossible to pivot inward. He’d need some shoulder articulation to do this. His feet can move on the ball joint to stay flat on the floor, but it looks ugly due to exposing the ankle joints at the base of his boots.

“Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same. And now, it's here. Or should I say, I am."
61fcbdbde1c5427a231ec0f7727c9dc7.jpg
f86ff2dd0988277f0e4f89b577b99942.jpg

The gauntlet looks to light up pretty well on yours and looks really cool. In reviews I’ve seen, the Stones on the knuckles didn’t really illuminate too well.

The gauntlet looks to light up pretty well on yours and looks really cool. In reviews I’ve seen, the Stones on the knuckles didn’t really illuminate too well.

The stones hardly lighting up in early reviews must have had the hand on in a bad position or HT corrected something with the new batch. I was disappointed when I saw early videos and how little the stones lit up. Turns out mine lights up very very well.

Back