1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad that the gritted-teeth head is noticeably smaller than the regular head.

Strange but appears to be true. I just paused the review to give them a look. Most of the difference appears to be due to the chin being a bit longer on the regular sculpt. The top of the regular head may also be a bit more egg shaped with the gritted teeth one a bit more rounded at the top. I didn't catch that in the review but I see what you are looking at.

Also with this being a bit shorter than hulk I am wondering if Thanos will fit inside of a detolf without a mod? It might actually work.

Strange but appears to be true. I just paused the review to give them a look. Most of the difference appears to be due to the chin being a bit longer on the regular sculpt. The top of the regular head may also be a bit more egg shaped with the gritted teeth one a bit more rounded at the top. I didn't catch that in the review but I see what you are looking at.

Also with this being a bit shorter than hulk I am wondering if Thanos will fit inside of a detolf without a mod? It might actually work.

Also look at the nose on each - the gritted expression seems to be a bit smaller.

The difference looks more like slightly miscalculated shrinkage rather than a tense jawline.

Definitely a few niggles with the figure...but for me they are pretty minor and overall this is a fantastic representation of what we saw on screen in Infinity War.

I finally broke down and preordered from popculturezone.com got him for 356 shipped. First time I’ve paid in full at pre order. Just figured they should have him hopefully within two months so might as well be done paying. I can’t wait.

Also look at the nose on each - the gritted expression seems to be a bit smaller.

The difference looks more like slightly miscalculated shrinkage rather than a tense jawline.
Miscalculated shrinkage is never good in any context.

figure looks great...

since I do not have the budget for this, I think I might get this instead... hehe.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/marvel-thanos-mini-backpack-loungefly-904108

lol my wife buys these Loungefly backpacks all the time and hardly uses them. I feel you though price wise, I cancelled every other IW PO I had losing out on a few deposits due to financial issues, but I still have Thanos and despite the huge price tag he's looking too good to pass on

Looks generally on point to me, and would make for a great backdrop figure in a display with a few heroes in front, which was what I had in mind when I pre-ordered it.
However I just cancelled as I had some financial set backs last year after pre-ordering, and the close to $400 cost after shipping was just too heavy a burden right now for something that was always more of a casual "sure. why not?" purchase for me.

Would have been nice to have, but you have to know your limitations.

Looks generally on point to me, and would make for a great backdrop figure in a display with a few heroes in front, which was what I had in mind when I pre-ordered it.
However I just cancelled as I had some financial set backs last year after pre-ordering, and the close to $400 cost after shipping was just too heavy a burden right now for something that was always more of a casual "sure. why not?" purchase for me.

Would have been nice to have, but you have to know your limitations.

Sorry to read that dude. Hope you get a chance later. I highly doubt this is a short supply figure since most of the molding is probably new. They probably cranked out quite a few to make up for that added cost.

Absolutely love the figure but hate the seam between the hand and the arm. My plan was to cement the hand in place then have an artist add sculpting clay to the seam and blend the arm and hand together, then repaint- but was told that wouldnt work because the arm is rubber and the clay would crack. Anyone have any other ideas?

Absolutely love the figure but hate the seam between the hand and the arm. My plan was to cement the hand in place then have an artist add sculpting clay to the seam and blend the arm and hand together, then repaint- but was told that wouldnt work because the arm is rubber and the clay would crack. Anyone have any other ideas?

Buy the Iron Studios statue instead.

The iron studio statue face sculpt isnt that good. I also had the hulk and sold it due to the seams being too distracting. Any thoughts on how to eliminate them? Possibly recasting the arm and hand then painting?

If you have that much of a issue with them that you sold the Hulk i would honestly not get this, your not going to be happy with it.

Unless you have some serious skills and can make it look the same and the paint match

Last edited:
The iron studio statue face sculpt isnt that good. I also had the hulk and sold it due to the seams being too distracting. Any thoughts on how to eliminate them? Possibly recasting the arm and hand then painting?
Like subzero said, if seams bother you that much then maybe this isn’t for you. But I would think in the case of Thanos your attention will be drawn to the Infinity Gauntlet, so with the right pose you may be less bothered by the seam on the other arm?

Do what I am doing. Getting the armored Thanos that is guaranteed to come later.

Back