1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the only villain that I’d totally double dip. This version is too iconic to one of the best super villain movies I’ve ever seen. And depending on endgame, an armored version in the same scale would look amazing if HT released it.

It really is. Arguably the most iconic Thanos moment, arguably the most iconic moment in the MCU, and you can't recreate it.

Then I was right! I knew that because of the nature of the joints it would be impossible but then people talked about this pics and then I thought that somehow it was possible to recreat it. Then as I said before: A miss from HT not to include a snap hand with it.

Totally understand the frustration of not being able to re-create the snap...but considering the sheer awesomeness of just about everything else, it's something I can live with.

Not being able to finger snap has me thinking “man hot toys needs to slow down on pushing out these marvel figures”. Really all about the money this point and not about the end product :/

He actually CAN'T snap. I follow the photographer on Insta and he wrote in the comments section that it was clever posing/angling since the thumb and middle finger do not actually touch.

I was almost going to suggest that as the camera angle was directly behind the thumb/finger.

As far as being able to do it. Not sure if that's even possible if the hand can't compress. Or fingers are unaturally long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was almost going to suggest that as the camera angle was directly behind the thumb/finger.

As far as being able to do it. Not sure if that's even possible if the hand can't compress. Or fingers are unaturally long.

Yeah it would need to be a hand thats just posed that way. Since the doll cant kneel like he was in the film for that scene anyway i dont think its a huge deal. Still would be a cool bonus accessory for a children of thanos figure i guess.

'Talking hands' have become the defining feature of review videos. Like Justin's "80's tribute" for his opening, one day, far from now, future generations will chuckle at someone recreating old millennial reviews by having 'talking hands' flailing around in the video.

'Talking hands' have become the defining feature of review videos. Like Justin's "80's tribute" for his opening, one day, far from now, future generations will chuckle at someone recreating old millennial reviews by having 'talking hands' flailing around in the video.

In order for that to happen they gotta quit with the talking hands first lol

3f1173f19459710fc5a0965daf0984ed.gif

Justin's Collection full review video is now up. The seam lines on the right arm, right hand, and back of his head are a bit too pronounced. Also wish there was finger swivel on the articulated gauntlet for the snap. The rest of the figure looks mostly fantastic. The sculpts look to be among Hot Toys best work.

Right arm is my main issue with the gap but it’s no where near as bad as I thought it was from the first review video. I’m happy with how it turned out. Now SSC needs to get him in lol.

It will be fine, he was just lazy with his futzing and didn’t push the shoulder all the way up on that ball joint where it meets the body.

Yeah that’s just bad posing. Push the arm up and it will be snug.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I held out as long as I could. Just PO and used a $20 off coupon.

You red my mind. Gonna haveta dip into the Rewards Points for this one. Let me ask you a question, just an observation but to me the iconic look for Thanos is the armored look from Guardians. To me, this Thanos looks more like Darkseid. What do you think plus is this guy a candidate for some stop motion work?

Back