1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn my order just got pushed from Feb-March to March-April on sideshow.
Yeah mine to. Really sucks. I took it off Flex Payments when I got the alert about it the early release. Now I can’t go back on them to help pay it down sooner before April. C’mon Hot Toys

I have had mine on preorder since.April of 2018, and never received an email about getting anything early.

I’m really disappointed. Bring me Thanos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My China supplier said they received a small batch but not the full amount. Seems HT probably got some done and sent before the Chinese New Year, now they are finished the rest in one run.

Just a guess, but would account for some people having theirs (not from Secret Base) and others still waiting.....like myself.

Patience is a virtue in this hobby unfortunately....

Damn. Probably won’t be here before End Game. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Email: Next shipment in April.
giphy.gif

Got it too... :(

No way they are making changes at this stage. It's just not possible production-wise.

People not in first batch complain about not being in first batch. If these same people had been in first batch they would complain about peeling arm. There's no winning with nerds! :lol

I've just given mine another thorough once over (ooh err,missus) and there's no sign of paint issues / peeling. Is it a widespread thing or just isolated to a handful of cases?

The only 'issue' I've had is the clear plastic cap at one end of the stand rod has fallen off and won't clip back on (just sits loose). Incredibly minor point that's not worth losing any sleep over.

No way they are making changes at this stage. It's just not possible production-wise.

It's possible that it came from the arm/silicon itself. HT may have told the supplier they need another batch with less quality issues.

So not a change production wise, just replaced better quality components.

Sure I'm just guessing here, but it's potentially feasible for a delay like this. Then again it could be simply China New Year holidays ??

People not in first batch complain about not being in first batch. If these same people had been in first batch they would complain about peeling arm. There's no winning with nerds! :lol

Except they wouldn't be able to anticipate that being in the first batch would get them a figure with a peeling arm? It's a legitimate complaint, unlike those people who complain about Hot Toys delaying or taking a long time to release a figure, and then those same people complaining when Hot Toys rushes figures out and the end product is of lesser quality. :panic:

With HT it is always better to wait for the later batches. They’ve been known to address and fix issues in the later runs. Deadpool comes to mind.

It's possible that it came from the arm/silicon itself. HT may have told the supplier they need another batch with less quality issues.

So not a change production wise, just replaced better quality components.

Sure I'm just guessing here, but it's potentially feasible for a delay like this. Then again it could be simply China New Year holidays ??

Not possible in just a month. Since this is a production line, making changes so late in the game is just not feasible. Changing paint compound or making changes to the molds is a huge operation from qa standpoint. If it was a 3-4 month delay and more, maybe. But in a month, not really.

Not possible in just a month. Since this is a production line, making changes so late in the game is just not feasible. Changing paint compound or making changes to the molds is a huge operation from qa standpoint. If it was a 3-4 month delay and more, maybe. But in a month, not really.

That’s if you believe the email and the delay is only a month. To be only a one month delay, the second batch would have to be on the boat as we speak.

Back