1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think A4 Thanos will have the non-fried Infinity Gauntlet. He might get the damaged version of it. Or maybe HT might not even make him.

No ones waiting for the armored version in A4?

Interesting question : Which would you buy if you're given this choice ;

A). This IW version with light up Infinity gauntlet & 2 head sculpts
B). Armoured version. No Infinity gauntlet, one head sculpt.

Costwise I could see that being roughly equal. Storywise I could also see that being pretty probable.

I personally like the light armor Thanos look. The gauntlet looks great and I'm excited to see the second head sculpt. In my opinion the armor he was wearing at the beginning of Infinity War didn't look that great. Plus I feel like it'll hinder the articulation, or they'll do those awful looking elbow joints from the first Thanos figure. Not to mention with the prices for these figures steadily rising I'm sure the next Thanos we get (if we get one) will cost more than this version.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I personally like the light armor Thanos look. The gauntlet looks great and I'm excited to see the second head sculpt. In my opinion the armor he was wearing at the beginning of Infinity War didn't look that great. Plus I feel like it'll hinder the articulation, or they'll do those awful looking elbow joints from the first Thanos figure. Not to mention with the prices for these figures steadily rising I'm sure the next Thanos we get (if we get one) will cost more than this version.

Yep, yep and yep.

Costwise I could see that being roughly equal. Storywise I could also see that being pretty probable.

Honestly if I had to choose I would pick A. As iconic as the look of his armor is the Infinity Gauntlet is comic legend. It's one of the most recognizable objects in comics period and is tied more with Thanos than any armor. That said If they do make a armored look for A4 I will get both as I aleady have the IW figure paid off.

I have to assume they are saving Thanos' best look for the finale. I think he looks awesome in his armor -- I like that he beat Hulk into a hiding and look forward to their re-match in A4.

I imagine the armored Thanos would have a 2nd head - without helmet. Not sure if it would come with light-up Gauntlet again...

Anyway, we'll know before I get my Maul.

I would get the armored Thanos. No question.

hows hot toys with the rubber deterioration issue nowadays?

For the vast majority it’s fine. But that material is very climate effected. High heat or humidity or sun or low temps will cause issues. And obviously any rough handling.

Easy. A. The whole Mcguffins of the MCU lead to Thanos collecting all the Infinity Stones. Sure, the armor may look cool, but it is no Infinity Gauntlet.

You are right. Thanos was the star of Infinity War. What’s not to like!!? [emoji1]

What I'd like is that extended cut with 30 min extra, most of which is backstory to Thanos, and adding more info to his motives.

Master move by Marvel would be to release that extended version in theatres a few months before IW2. Double dip $$$ and get everyone hyped for the final chapter.

Some IW concept art from the digital release:

Attachments

• 111BCBAD-08A7-4C52-B00B-F207BD438288.jpg
    111BCBAD-08A7-4C52-B00B-F207BD438288.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 379
Did some looking into the waitlist on TW. Preorder allotments are sold but they will get more. That's fine with me. I qualified for free shipping and I know SS is gonna change at least $30 to ship him. Thanos is a monster lol. Nearly 17 inches so the box will be huge.

If I was to get thanos I might get this version since this was the movie where he succeeded.

Back