1/6 Hot Toys... if you had to pick ONE Iron Man for your Avengers Display.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
00_Hot_Toys_Hulkbuster_Without_Helmet__scaled_600.jpg

Since you're only getting one, I would simply get the one that you like best. It's your display, you can do with it whatever you want.

As someone who's only doing one version per character, my choice is the Mark IV. I would rather have the version I like the most than feel stuck choosing another just because it's in the "correct" film. My Cap will be AOU Cap, my Widow the TWS version, my Iron Man the Mark IV, etc..... I set aside what's "correct" and go with what I want.

Since you're only getting one, I would simply get the one that you like best. It's your display, you can do with it whatever you want.

As someone who's only doing one version per character, my choice is the Mark IV. I would rather have the version I like the most than feel stuck choosing another just because it's in the "correct" film. My Cap will be AOU Cap, my Widow the TWS version, my Iron Man the Mark IV, etc..... I set aside what's "correct" and go with what I want.

:goodpost::exactly:

If were to be brutally honest, nothing still beats the Mark 3 design in my eyes. It's where it all started. Based on the Extremis armor, it was the perfect mix of red and gold with little or no silver in sight. If I have to have one Iron Man in my collection, it would have to be the Mark 3. Given how I doubt I'll get other IM suits in the future, I'm actually almost tempted to pre-order the diecast Mark 3 since it still remains as my most favorite. :lol

Me personally, I still like the MK VI the most, I love the triangle reactor chest piece, plus the coloring is different and it stands out more, compared to the 3, 4, or 7, which all look similar. To me, it seemed like the toughest of the armors so far, against Whiplash 2 and his army, went toe to toe with Thor, and it survived being sucked into a giant turbine.

:goodpost::exactly:

If were to be brutally honest, nothing still beats the Mark 3 design in my eyes. It's where it all started. Based on the Extremis armor, it was the perfect mix of red and gold with little or no silver in sight. If I have to have one Iron Man in my collection, it would have to be the Mark 3. Given how I doubt I'll get other IM suits in the future, I'm actually almost tempted to pre-order the diecast Mark 3 since it still remains as my most favorite. :lol

Bang on!

It's got the most iconic and "true to comic form" armor I feel... So I'm going with that one :)

I think the best armor, and not coincidentally the one closest to the classic design from the comics, is the Mark IV. However, the Hot Toys figure for the Mark VII is better in many ways, and can get sorta kinda close to it when you put the right colored pieces on. However, Mark IV doesn't make much sense on a movie Avengers display.

I pick VII also. VI is a great armor but VII took out a lot of Chitauri and saved the day.

But VI was substantial in two movies... it bridges the Iron Man movies and the Avengers movies... only traditional armor with triangular arc reactor... and you don't need to buy a custom mask to make it look good.

Mark VII, still the best armor up to this point in my opinion

Yeah it's by far the coolest. The suit up, the look and even the weapons and what it did on screen are unmatched. I'd say the closet any armor as come to that much awesomesauce is probably the Air force one rescue by the MK42, or the MK3 tank destroy
Tank.gif

Back