Hot Toys - Hulkbuster (with Jackhammer arm)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anybody else besides xenom0rph who own HB 1.0 exchanged the arm with jackhammer?

I wonder if his problems are due to some upgrades they made on 2.0 so the arm is exchanged more easily?

Since I own 1.0 version I debate weather to buy accessory hand or not due to possible trouble with exchanging the hands.

Yes, I have version 1.0 and I bought the jackhammer arm and installed it. The old arm took a bit of coaxing to get free but otherwise everything went as planned. Subzero's video in post #381 was very helpful.

I don't think there's any upgrade in the arm area (or anywhere else for that matter) on version 2.0, but then you'd have to have both to know with any certainty. I'm not aware of anyone posting a comparison between old and new because really, who's going to buy a 2nd Hulkbuster? :lol

Yes, I have version 1.0 and I bought the jackhammer arm and installed it. The old arm took a bit of coaxing to get free but otherwise everything went as planned. Subzero's video in post #381 was very helpful.

I don't think there's any upgrade in the arm area (or anywhere else for that matter) on version 2.0, but then you'd have to have both to know with any certainty. I'm not aware of anyone posting a comparison between old and new because really, who's going to buy a 2nd Hulkbuster? :lol

Thanx for the reply.
So, I should not expect to have much difficult to put a new arm on the "old" Hulkbuster?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanx for the reply.
So, I should not expect to have much difficult to put a new arm on the "old" Hulkbuster?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

No trouble at all with the installation of the new arm, but it may take enough force to remove the old arm that it will make you a tad "uncomfortable". There's a metal cylinder in a metal socket that needs to come out, and mine was quite stubborn. As I recall the wedge HT provides to assist in this task (see subzero video at @6:00 mark) wasn't very effective in my case, so I used a flathead screwdriver to get a bit more leverage. I just used a twisting motion, making sure the tip of the screwdriver was between two metal surfaces. That and wiggling the arm was enough to get the cylinder to loosen up enough to come out. In retrospect, maybe a shot of WD40 might have helped?

My deluxe is currently on the way to me !! So excited. Finally !!! LCDN in Belgium must be the last in line. Although I guess SS is also shipping more now too.

@nathan.never : no changes to the arm, totally swappable as Buffy has mentioned. Xenomorph seemed to have some issue, but I can imagine that is due to the old arm becoming a bit stuck over time. I guess time and temperature could also play an impact there. Good luck !

I think I'll be swapping the arm out straight away as I think I like the non-symmetry and bulkiness of the "Hammer-arm"

I sold my v.1 and sometimes regret it but I cant see spending 1k on getting another one. The lack of mobility/articulation in the legs is not worth it for me. I want to say some of the sellers agree that keeping it in a museum pose, especially for such an awesome piece, is boring and not what the figure should be about.

Complete.jpg

Made this to display the left hand and the locking arm.

EXPECT DIFFICULTY;- i spent 3 hours on this today ,screw comes out easily but even with the tool in place nothing moved , tried hair dryer , then wd40 , then screwdriver, finally dremeled off the lug even then only a few mm of travel on one side so i put it face down my right knee in the rib area the left by the traps both hands round the shoulder ball & just kept increasing the pull well over 100lbs i guess & pop it came out. then 2 minutes to put in the new arm which had the right alignment. if i ever do this again i might remove the lugs & put grub screws in instead. looks great & i got a workout.

I think I?m going to treat myself for my birthday this year and pick up the reissue deluxe HB while it?s still available at retail. Is he still worth it? Anyone have buyer?s remorse?

Absolutely still worth it. No remorse. Happy unboxing :D

I echo that sentiment. I held off and held off because of the price, but once I got it I felt like it was worth every penny...

That?s where I was at. It was more of a dream piece because of the cost but I always suspected I might get it eventually. When the original run sold out, I was like ?oh well, it wasn?t meant to be?. I was excited when the reissue came but still waited. I decided I do want it and would kick myself if I missed out again. So...

I just bought the last one from Timewalker! Only $35 for shipping too. I?m so glad I didn?t wait this time. I?ve been reading through this thread and watching reviews. The general consensus was this guy is awesome. People just seemed bummed if they couldn?t afford him (which is understandable and I totally get it).

Needless to say I?m excited to get him soon! I just have to figure out where I?m going to put him. I had a hard enough time finding room for Thanos! 😆

That?s where I was at. It was more of a dream piece because of the cost but I always suspected I might get it eventually. When the original run sold out, I was like ?oh well, it wasn?t meant to be?. I was excited when the reissue came but still waited. I decided I do want it and would kick myself if I missed out again. So...

I just bought the last one from Timewalker! Only $35 for shipping too. I?m so glad I didn?t wait this time. I?ve been reading through this thread and watching reviews. The general consensus was this guy is awesome. People just seemed bummed if they couldn?t afford him (which is understandable and I totally get it).

Needless to say I?m excited to get him soon! I just have to figure out where I?m going to put him. I had a hard enough time finding room for Thanos! ��

Yeah, space is a challenge with this one. Mine is on the floor next to a shelf that has the Infinity War crew on it. I've got Banner poking out of it standing next to Thor, Rocket and Groot so it works pretty well :)

So after watching this thing sit on the shelf of my LCS for months now I decided to pull the trigger. It's a super impressive piece and weighs a ton.

Nice pictures. What are your thoughts on the figure, Karnis? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on him, too.

Nice pictures. What are your thoughts on the figure, Karnis? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on him, too.

I was reluctant at first from some of the reviews and first impressions, but I have to say...and I know it sounds cliche...once you have it in hand it feels like it's worth every penny. It's huge, it weighs a ton, and it's extremely well built. Really the only drag is the process of turning on the lights, for the price there should be a master switch for all the lights.

Back