Hot Toys - Hulkbuster (with Jackhammer arm)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of you interested, I have a dealer's batch pre-order from one of the well known Hong Kong sellers for 250$ including international shipping. I can sell my spot for 250$.

Hey guys. Could someone who already has the Hulkbuster please help me out. I'm planning my display.

What sort of depth would I need for a pose something similar to this ?

I'm hoping 30cm (roughly 11.8 inches) will do.

IMG_7715.JPG

Hey guys. Could someone who already has the Hulkbuster please help me out. I'm planning my display.

View attachment 487592

You'll likely need something a bit deeper. I have mine in a somewhat similar pose (but with a shorter stride) and the depth is already at @13". It will likely be even larger when I install the jackhammer arm - unless I point it straight down. :lol

You'll likely need something a bit deeper. I have mine in a somewhat similar pose (but with a shorter stride) and the depth is already at @13". It will likely be even larger when I install the jackhammer arm - unless I point it straight down. :lol

Damn really ! May need to go to next shelf width up being 40cm (15,75 inches). Am still planning it so no issue just yet.

Plan B would be to go for a Besta or one of those specific cabinets. But I'd like him to be with the other figures.

Thanks for the info Buffinator

Just installed the jackhammer arm on my HB. I watched the video in post #381 first (thanks subzro), and as a result the procedure was quick and painless, with only a bit of effort required to coax the old arm out of that shoulder socket. Here's a couple of crappy phone pics showing the final product:

HB Jack1.jpeg
HB Jack2.jpeg

Just installed the jackhammer arm on my HB. I watched the video in post #381 first (thanks subzro), and as a result the procedure was quick and painless, with only a bit of effort required to coax the old arm out of that shoulder socket. Here's a couple of crappy phone pics showing the final product:

View attachment 487702
View attachment 487703

Awesome setup! I'm yelling "Loki! The knife won't work!" :)

View attachment 487702
View attachment 487703

Very nice! But how come the HB ain't giving Hulk the jack handie??? Seems like Dr. Strange could lend a few extra hands in the jacking process too! :lol

Very nice! But how come the HB ain't giving Hulk the jack handie??? Seems like Dr. Strange could lend a few extra hands in the jacking process too! :lol

:rotfl :rotfl

Dude, you're nothing if not consistent! I thought it was obvious - Banner's inside the HB, so there were um...to put it delicately...performance issues. :eek:

Seriously though, I started messing with it rather late last night so I wasn't in the mood to get very creative once I finished the arm swap. I still need to try out the cage piece as well. I finished installing lights on the bottom part of that cabinet, so now I have another space equivalent in size to the shelf all those figures are currently on. My plan is to put most of my Endgame & Infinity War characters there, so when I move Thanos & the Mark L down I'll have a bit more room to maneuver HB & Hulk. At least I hope so - that shelf is likely to fill up quite quickly.

:rotfl :rotfl

Dude, you're nothing if not consistent! I thought it was obvious - Banner's inside the HB, so there were um...to put it delicately...performance issues. :eek:

Seriously though, I started messing with it rather late last night so I wasn't in the mood to get very creative once I finished the arm swap. I still need to try out the cage piece as well. I finished installing lights on the bottom part of that cabinet, so now I have another space equivalent in size to the shelf all those figures are currently on. My plan is to put most of my Endgame & Infinity War characters there, so when I move Thanos & the Mark L down I'll have a bit more room to maneuver HB & Hulk. At least I hope so - that shelf is likely to fill up quite quickly.

I am indeed consistent. Just look at my track record for the utter disdain I have for the botched Chadwick sculpt! :lol

Are there any owners who have done a DIY usb power supply to light up their Hulkbuster? If so, how has it held up? Not really looking to get a soap reactor since the DIY power supply is cheaper and works just as good(if done properly).

Are there any owners who have done a DIY usb power supply to light up their Hulkbuster? If so, how has it held up? Not really looking to get a soap reactor since the DIY power supply is cheaper and works just as good(if done properly).

Yes I'd be interested in that too. I know there were details in here a while back. But I'd also be keen to know how well it worked over time.

I've only seen Budget Stark's soap reactor setup on Youtube. Never looked for another option. I'd assume the setup would be similar...

View attachment 487592

Hi Guys, am progressing slowly towards a final display as I wait on his delivery. Probably in August as LCDN in Belgium seems to be the last place on the planet to get anything.

So was also interested in the rough width and height of the Hulkbuster in this sort of pose for anyone who has him.

Hi Guys, am progressing slowly towards a final display as I wait on his delivery. Probably in August as LCDN in Belgium seems to be the last place on the planet to get anything.

So was also interested in the rough width and height of the Hulkbuster in this sort of pose for anyone who has him.

Really rough and quick tape measuring has it at about 23.5 inches height, 17 inches width (that's really narrowing the arms) and maybe 12 inches deep. The more you pose the legs in a walking fashion, the deeper it'll get. Same with the width. I have one arm down and one arm extended partially and it's closer to 23 inches wide. It's a big boy!

Really rough and quick tape measuring has it at about 23.5 inches height, 17 inches width.... IT'S A BIG BOY!

Its a big boy indeed! Mine came in a little over a week ago and hes been standing on the floor in front of the TV in my game room because I underestimated his size. So Kudos for doing your homework ahead of time Hoody999. I decided to try and do the double detolf mod which I started yesterday and will try and complete this weekend. If it all works out Hopefully this big boy will fit at least in a museum pose. If that doesn't workout(which would suck), plan B is to set up a steel shelving unit i purchased from my local hardware store(Home Depot) and just black everything out. I've seen a few YouTube diy's where collectors have done this and it seems fairly simple and looks clean. IF plan B fails, then FML...

Its a big boy indeed! Mine came in a little over a week ago and hes been standing on the floor in front of the TV in my game room because I underestimated his size. So Kudos for doing your homework ahead of time Hoody999. I decided to try and do the double detolf mod which I started yesterday and will try and complete this weekend. If it all works out Hopefully this big boy will fit at least in a museum pose. If that doesn't workout(which would suck), plan B is to set up a steel shelving unit i purchased from my local hardware store(Home Depot) and just black everything out. I've seen a few YouTube diy's where collectors have done this and it seems fairly simple and looks clean. IF plan B fails, then FML...

My Hulkbuster is on the floor in the corner between my display shelves and I'm ok with it staying there. I think you'll be fine with an pose in a double detolf setup. I assume you're putting it on the bottom shelf though, right? I'd be nervous about the weight on the glass shelves otherwise. good luck!

Back